Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Sonny, Marco and the Downsouth Motorsports crew....

Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sonny, Marco and the Downsouth Motorsports crew....

Created the BEST shock I have ever had on a Tacoma!

MAJOR PROPS TO YOU GUYS!!!!

A little back ground:

A week ago, I blew my front shocks out while testing a set of Icon 2.5" rear resis. A quick call to DSM and talked to Sonny about what I wanted. Icon ext. 2.5" Co's, but the low speed dampening softened "a little bit". Sonny said "No problem, I think I know what you want". Now.....Its very hard to convey what someone wants over a phone, and not in person, so I was a little bit leary on what to expect. Sonny is a Pro and knows his shit, no doubt, but as mentioned, how can someone know EXACTLY what you want over a phone? Well.....My new CO's arived last night, and I installed them this morning. In the first 30 feet I KNEW they were EXACTLY what I wanted! I continued on, hit some bumps, small and large, and they are absolutly PERFECT! If anyone wants a set of shocks valved the "way you want", Downsouth Motorsports is the place to call! Any time you talk with one of them, the customer service is second to none! They never seem to busy to answer even what one may think is the stupidest question.

Customer Service = A+
Product knowledge = A+
Quality of work = A+

To Sonny, Marco and the DSM Crew, heres to you guys!!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah!!! DSMS is friggin awesome! Sonny and Marco are awesome to deal with.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Built Ford Tough.
Fisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zack
Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
When my Fox 2.5's need a rebuild they will be going straight to DSMS.

Btw when do front coilovers usually need to be rebuilt?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheez View Post
When my Fox 2.5's need a rebuild they will be going straight to DSMS.

Btw when do front coilovers usually need to be rebuilt?
If they start to leak, or feel bouncy, is a good indicator.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I havent talked to Sonny but I have talked to Marco over the phone and he was super nice and friendly!!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I havent talked to Sonny but I have talked to Marco over the phone and he was super nice and friendly!!
YeP! Marco is Tops!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered some king coilovers and All i have to say is that there customer is top notch.

Thank you DSM
Old 04-09-2011, 01:34 AM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
There shop is about 10 miles from me & though I've never done business with them ,alot of San Diego members go there & have heard nothing but good which puts them pretty much above the "other guys"..Props for DSMS !!

(no need to name them, they know who they are )
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
glassman is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
glassman's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't agree more. I've been asking relentless question after question to Marco, and he's been beyond helpful. Planning on ordering a set of King's and some UCAs from him soon.

To be honest, after how nice and helpful he's been, even if I happened somehow to stumble upon a better-priced set of King's (unlikely, since they are very reasonably priced through them), I would have to say I'd go through DSM on sheer principle.

Keep up the excellent work gentlemen. Everything I've read about you guys on tw is true.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #11
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered some 5100s from them and called them up when i had a question about the install and they knew what they were talking about and they were super nice, thanks guys! keep up the great work!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

i spoke with marco a few weeks back and he was great! had good info and was patient with me. when i decide to get my lift, i will go through them and ask for marco. great customer service! keep it up!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
ordered my king coils from them to go on my walker evans shock bodies. they did some call time w/ walker to see what the originals were and came back with what i was looking for. top notch folks!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #14
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
ordered my king coils from them to go on my walker evans shock bodies. they did some call time w/ walker to see what the originals were and came back with what i was looking for. top notch folks!
Hey Jamie, can you PM me the info on your new coils? I'm in the same boat and need coils bad. Just curious of all the details.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hey Jamie, can you PM me the info on your new coils? I'm in the same boat and need coils bad. Just curious of all the details.
sure...PM coming
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: D
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Yep.. great experience getting me the right parts! Good guys, full of answers!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #18
encarnate is on a distinguished road
Name: Knack
encarnate's Tacoma Gallery
Marco is great

I just ordered a Total Chaos lt front end for an x-runner and I have to say I chose this company because of the reviews on this site and they absolutely lived up to every good thing I've read.