LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

COVERKINGS-CAN'T RECOMMEND

Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
vtdog will become famous soon enough
vtdog's Tacoma Gallery
COVERKINGS-CAN'T RECOMMEND

I just installed a set of Coverking brand neoprene covers on the front seatsof my 4d 2011 TRD off-road. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend these covers.

1. The instructions are "pictograms" and are of little help. Theyshould really pay a technical writer to develop written instructions.

2. The covers were clearly designed for earlier models and the"mods" made for these seats (due to the presence of a plastic flapbetween the upper and lower seats) do not allow real tie down of the coverflaps and I suspect that the covers will loosen easily with use.

3. None of the three pieces (bottom/back/headrest) really fit tight, nomatter how hard you try and pull them on.

4. The covers ended up looking like "covers" rather than fittingwell enough to become part of the seat

I have used coverking neoprenes for other vehicles and did not have theseissues. So, for this install on a 2011 I cannot recommend.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
next time, i dont recommend changing the size of your font to 1. lol j/p
Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdog View Post
I just installed a set of Coverking brand neoprene covers on the front seatsof my 4d 2011 TRD off-road. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend these covers.

1. The instructions are "pictograms" and are of little help. Theyshould really pay a technical writer to develop written instructions.

2. The covers were clearly designed for earlier models and the"mods" made for these seats (due to the presence of a plastic flapbetween the upper and lower seats) do not allow real tie down of the coverflaps and I suspect that the covers will loosen easily with use.

3. None of the three pieces (bottom/back/headrest) really fit tight, nomatter how hard you try and pull them on.

4. The covers ended up looking like "covers" rather than fittingwell enough to become part of the seat

I have used coverking neoprenes for other vehicles and did not have theseissues. So, for this install on a 2011 I cannot recommend.
There
Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah...I put a set of the cover king covers on my dad's Subaru and didn't care for the look compared to the TRD covers on my truck. The CK covers looked too puffy, didn't fit as tight, and the head rests looked like crap.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoDawgs's Tacoma Gallery
This is unfortunate. I was looking at getting a set of Coverking Neosupremes for my double cab. I can't afford Wet Okoles (even though they look badass) and the Coverking Neoprenes are still out of my price range. I found some neosupremes on Amazon for $140 for each row. Can anyone else with Coverkings elaborate on whether they like them or not? Pictures also please.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
next time, i dont recommend changing the size of your font to 1. lol j/p
Lol hurt my eyes reading that on my phone
Old 08-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
I've been happy with a set of cal trend do a search and you might find them at car seats 4 less i think. I paid 153 for the front set each my truck and wifes crv
Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a set of coverkings on the wife's Camry and I am pretty pleased with the look of them. We ordered fronts and rears in the mesh. I agree the instructions are horrible but I am pretty happy with the fit. The headrests were a mother to get on, especially the rear. I can post some pictures up when I get home.

I would suggest contacting Coverking about the fit issues. They seem to have really good customer service.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
zdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to behold

Army: Mos 100b
Name: John
zdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
I just installed a set of coverkings on the wife's Camry and I am pretty pleased with the look of them. We ordered fronts and rears in the mesh. I agree the instructions are horrible but I am pretty happy with the fit. The headrests were a mother to get on, especially the rear. I can post some pictures up when I get home.

I would suggest contacting Coverking about the fit issues. They seem to have really good customer service.
You must have been talking to a different Coverking. I bought a set for my 2010 tacoma and they were terrible. I tried to get some help from the tech support and got nothing but crap from some lady who is famous for her nasty attitude. Her line was "if you don't like them send them back". I bought them through Costco so I did. I brought some wet okoles and love them. Coverking and their products SUCK.

zdog
Old 08-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdog View Post
You must have been talking to a different Coverking. I bought a set for my 2010 tacoma and they were terrible. I tried to get some help from the tech support and got nothing but crap from some lady who is famous for her nasty attitude. Her line was "if you don't like them send them back". I bought them through Costco so I did. I brought some wet okoles and love them. Coverking and their products SUCK.

zdog
I bought mine through CarID. CarID was going to push out the order an extra 2 weeks, but I called CoverKing directly and they put a rush on them for me. I ordered them on July 12th and received them on the 29th. Not to bad considering it took CarID 2 days to get CoverKing the order.

I will have to say their instructions suck. Had a lot of frustration with the back seat but eventually got them figured out.

To each their own. Guess I got lucky.

Rear
Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
cverneau is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
cverneau's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Coverking's I got from Costco. I admit the instructions are shit, but if you take your time, you'll get it right. Here's a thread I started a while back asking about them. I posted pictures of them installed towards the end of the thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-costco-2.html
Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Installing my Wet Okoles, the back seat plastic flap on drivers side has to be disconnected and folded under. The seat cover then holds that in place & connects underneath replacing the factory flap. I did not read the post above link, but maybe the poster covered that in his install link.

Most instructions are cryptic at best using pictures today. The positive side is Costco takes anything back which is heads above most mfgs today. Sorry to hear this happened.

Since I have put on about 4 sets of wet okoles in different trucks, I finally have the install down.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I had CK on my Rav4 and they started to fade after only about 3months of not much sun exposure, and car parked in garage when at home. This was a Hawaiian print version. They're not cheap but still cheaper than the super expensive WO. I can't see paying $500 for friggin seat covers!!!!

Stunt man hans,
Your signature Scarface video always slows the loading of pages when I'm trying to read threads. I like Scarface too and I know it's real cool and all but it happens consistently. Just thought you'd like to know.

Products Discussed in this Thread