1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

COVERKINGS-CAN'T RECOMMEND

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by vtdog, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Aug 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    vtdog

vtdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH

I just installed a set of Coverking brand neoprene covers on the front seatsof my 4d 2011 TRD off-road. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend these covers.

1. The instructions are "pictograms" and are of little help. Theyshould really pay a technical writer to develop written instructions.

2. The covers were clearly designed for earlier models and the"mods" made for these seats (due to the presence of a plastic flapbetween the upper and lower seats) do not allow real tie down of the coverflaps and I suspect that the covers will loosen easily with use.

3. None of the three pieces (bottom/back/headrest) really fit tight, nomatter how hard you try and pull them on.

4. The covers ended up looking like "covers" rather than fittingwell enough to become part of the seat

I have used coverking neoprenes for other vehicles and did not have theseissues. So, for this install on a 2011 I cannot recommend.

2. Aug 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    next time, i dont recommend changing the size of your font to 1. lol j/p

3. Aug 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    There :facepalm:

4. Aug 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Yeah...I put a set of the cover king covers on my dad's Subaru and didn't care for the look compared to the TRD covers on my truck. The CK covers looked too puffy, didn't fit as tight, and the head rests looked like crap.

5. Aug 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    This is unfortunate. I was looking at getting a set of Coverking Neosupremes for my double cab. I can't afford Wet Okoles (even though they look badass) and the Coverking Neoprenes are still out of my price range. I found some neosupremes on Amazon for $140 for each row. Can anyone else with Coverkings elaborate on whether they like them or not? Pictures also please.

6. Aug 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Lol hurt my eyes reading that on my phone

7. Aug 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    Tiedie

Tiedie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    WFOY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 V6
    Katzkin, Dobinsons full suspension. Redlinegoods console cover and door panel arm rests, Double USB charger in dash installed, Ballistic Jesters 16x8. BlackVue DR 590 Dash Cam
    I've been happy with a set of cal trend do a search and you might find them at car seats 4 less i think. I paid 153 for the front set each my truck and wifes crv

8. Aug 15, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    I just installed a set of coverkings on the wife's Camry and I am pretty pleased with the look of them. We ordered fronts and rears in the mesh. I agree the instructions are horrible but I am pretty happy with the fit. The headrests were a mother to get on, especially the rear. I can post some pictures up when I get home.

I would suggest contacting Coverking about the fit issues. They seem to have really good customer service.

9. Aug 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    zdog

zdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 5lug Access Cab SR5 2.7/5speed
    You must have been talking to a different Coverking. I bought a set for my 2010 tacoma and they were terrible. I tried to get some help from the tech support and got nothing but crap from some lady who is famous for her nasty attitude. Her line was "if you don't like them send them back". I bought them through Costco so I did. I brought some wet okoles and love them. Coverking and their products SUCK.

zdog

10. Aug 15, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    I bought mine through CarID. CarID was going to push out the order an extra 2 weeks, but I called CoverKing directly and they put a rush on them for me. I ordered them on July 12th and received them on the 29th. Not to bad considering it took CarID 2 days to get CoverKing the order.

I will have to say their instructions suck. Had a lot of frustration with the back seat but eventually got them figured out.

To each their own. Guess I got lucky.
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

11. Aug 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
  12. Aug 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    cverneau

cverneau Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Cheshire, CT.
    Vehicle:
    11 Access Cab 4cyl 4x4 Auto
    AVS In-Channel Window Deflectors, AVS Rear Window Sun/Rain Deflector, EGR Front Hood Deflector, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners With TRD Off Road Decals, TonnoPro Tri-Fold Cover, Coverking Black Neoprene Front Seat Covers & Front & Rear Center Console Covers, Black With Red Stitched TRD Head Rest Covers, Rear Grey Neoprene Wet Okole Seat Covers, Black Front Door Handle Pull Covers, Husky Custom Molded Mud Flaps, Devil Horns Of Fire On Satoshi, 7" Off Road Lights Mounted Behind Grill, Pop N Lock 5300, Seatbelt Chime Off, Interior & Exterior Led's, Cubby & Drink Holder Amber LED's, Infinity Reference #9633 6X9 Front Speakers, Solar-Gard HP Smoke 35% Tint, De-badged & Pinstripe Removal, Sun Visor Stickers Removed, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Ultragauge, TRD Aluminum Skid Plate, Bed Storage Cubby Locks Mod, Additional D-Rings In Bed, Rubber Bed Mat, Intermittent Wiper Stalk, Black Vinyl Arm Rest Mod, Secondary Air Filter Removal Mod, Spare Tire Rod Alignment Tube Mod, 14" Antenna Mod, Tailgate Theft Mod, DTRL Wire Jumper Mod, Parking Lights As Turn Signals Mod, Under Hood LED Strip Lighting Mod, 30 Watt Reverse Bulbs, PIAA 510's With LED's In Fog Locations, Cree LED Flood lights In Rear Bumper, Burner Bedlights In Bed Cubby's, Avid Light Bar, Horn Relocation Mod, Rear TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners - front set at 0.85", Cooper Discoverer ATP - 265-75R/16, Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS Head Unit With Microbypass, Added USB Charging Ports Under Dash.
  13. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Installing my Wet Okoles, the back seat plastic flap on drivers side has to be disconnected and folded under. The seat cover then holds that in place & connects underneath replacing the factory flap. I did not read the post above link, but maybe the poster covered that in his install link.

Most instructions are cryptic at best using pictures today. The positive side is Costco takes anything back which is heads above most mfgs today. Sorry to hear this happened.

Since I have put on about 4 sets of wet okoles in different trucks, I finally have the install down.

14. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    I had CK on my Rav4 and they started to fade after only about 3months of not much sun exposure, and car parked in garage when at home. This was a Hawaiian print version. They're not cheap but still cheaper than the super expensive WO. I can't see paying $500 for friggin seat covers!!!!

Stunt man hans,
    Your signature Scarface video always slows the loading of pages when I'm trying to read threads. I like Scarface too and I know it's real cool and all but it happens consistently. Just thought you'd like to know.

To Top