1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camburg!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by 68vert, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 12, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    68vert

68vert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    just wanted to share my recent experience with some Camburg UCA's. I had a problem with the metal peeling braking away and emailed Camburg to ask if they are still safe to use and whether or not they will warranty if I had an issue down the road. The only response I got was "what truck are these arms for". I followed up with another email, voicemails, multiple calls (no answer) or response.

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    Chas of MRT

Chas of MRT Total Automotive Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Thats not good to hear. Have you tried calling the place you bought them from?

3. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    68vert

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    They have poor customer service. Well non-existent customer support. I called 3 times and left 2 voicemails followed by emails. Nothing back.

4. Nov 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    68vert

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    Should've mentioned I bought them direct from Camburg

5. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    705 Taco

705 Taco Zombie Killer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Barrie ON / St. Petersburg FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR AC
    --Stock 2016. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 had 6 inch ProComp lift, Eibach coils on 5100 Bilsteins at zero, 1/4 inch Toytec spacer on drivers side, rear TSB, 1.5 inch Deaver AAL, ProComp blocks and rear shocks, 8000 lb Warn winch on a Trans4mer grill guard, 33 inch BFG AT's, 18x9 XD Monsters, PIAA headlights, PIAA driving lights, Pyro's blue LED gauges, LED strip below tailgate, Armor Lid hard tonno, Hidden Hitch, Dee Zee bed mat, Tint, XM, Garmin GPS, Ultra Gauge
    Shitty. All it takes is one post like this and I'm out. Their stuff looks good but not good enough to deal with bs like that.

6. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    You should take photos before you start bashing companies. I have no idea what you even mean the "metal peeling braking away" ??? Are you sure you dont mean powder coat? That is paint. The metal does not peel away

7. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Yeah poor customer service is just shitty. What makes companies think they can take $1,000 away from us and not give any kind of support for the product.

8. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    705 Taco

705 Taco Zombie Killer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Barrie ON / St. Petersburg FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR AC
    --Stock 2016. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 had 6 inch ProComp lift, Eibach coils on 5100 Bilsteins at zero, 1/4 inch Toytec spacer on drivers side, rear TSB, 1.5 inch Deaver AAL, ProComp blocks and rear shocks, 8000 lb Warn winch on a Trans4mer grill guard, 33 inch BFG AT's, 18x9 XD Monsters, PIAA headlights, PIAA driving lights, Pyro's blue LED gauges, LED strip below tailgate, Armor Lid hard tonno, Hidden Hitch, Dee Zee bed mat, Tint, XM, Garmin GPS, Ultra Gauge
    I think you are missing the point. It doesn't matter why he was trying to contact Camburg. The point is that HE CAN'T.

9. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    I sent them an email asking for stickers for my UCAs and I got a reply a few days later asking me to send an envelope with the postage fees... Every other company has just sent me stickers- no questions asked.

10. Nov 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Then he may be doing something wrong. I have contacted Camburg probably 100 times this year alone and I always get a response. SO I find it hard to believe Camburg just ignores him. Maybe if he was a little more clear on what he is asking he would get a quicker response.

First of all if Camburg had to ask "what truck are these for" then OP clearly did not even give any info in the email (IE: Customer name, product purchsed, etc, etc). I guarantee if OP wrote an email that said "Hi my name is "X" and I just purchased the UCA's from you on "X" and the paint is starting to peel. Here is a picture. Are they still safe?" He would have got a quicker response.

But once again I can tell you if its just paint they are safe. Metal doesnt peel

11. Nov 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    68vert

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    Camburg was very responsive up till the point I had a problem. All my contacts with camburg were replies to their email to me with the receipt of purchase. I had a very reputable engine shop press the new ball joints in to make sure they were pressed in straight. Do your own research. I had responses from other members that had exactly the same experience. I always do a lot of research before spending hard earned money and like to give myself a pat on the back for making the right choices and some praise to quality vendors. this just wasnt the case in this situation for me. hopefully others had better experiences is all I'm saying.

camburg2_2.jpg

12. Nov 7, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    You should do more research, those are not ball joints. They are uniballs. Are you sure they were the correct uniballs? I can see why he asked what truck is that for. Those dont look like Camburg UCA's. Maybe its the angle but that cup is a lot thicker on Camburg arms. Do you have a picture of the whole arm? Also I would say no matter how reputable they are it looks like they messed up your arms.

13. Nov 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    68vert

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X

Really dude!

http://www.camburg.com/whats-new/toyota-tacoma-performance-ball-joint-upper-arms/

I noticed "camburg LT" in your sig. Your investment is much bigger than mine, hope you never have to try to deal with them on any quality issues.

14. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Ahhh those are in the new section, thats why Ive never seen them. I speak to Scott all the time. On here, TTORA, and through email. Once again, I have never had a problem contacting them. Maybe its because of my investment and maybe its because I'm more clear with my quiestions.

Either way I still say your "reputable" shop messed the arms up. This isnt a quality issue. This is a "I broke my a-arms installing new joints" issue. The arms were fine until you installed the new parts correct? Now they are cracked, and from your picture I would say no, they are not safe.

15. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Instead of your original post saying the metal is peeling you should say "I installed new ball joints and cracked the cup". Its pretty simple. Dont try to blame your (or your shops) error on Camburg

16. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    yeah it looks like the shop that pressed them in messed them up.

17. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc

or questions?

18. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Did I say I contact them about problems I have?

19. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    I have actually emailed Scott about King shocks before and he answers my questions. So no I do not email Camburg about quality, never needed to

20. Nov 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    68vert

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    Yo Cr250 seems as you cant perceive others either:rofl::rofl:landed on your head w/o a helmet too many times?

Its as simple as this; insert part xyz into our arms designed for such. Ummmm................ I'm done explaining to a rock (hence no neuro pathways in the cranial region).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top