Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

4wheelparts?

Old 11-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #41
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
You can't have any 4WP
http://youtu.be/HwgpH_zNkHg
Old 11-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #42
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
The shot over the fence made me smile.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #43
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've dealt with the brick-and-mortar shop here in Sacramento area 3 times.
Service was good. Stuff arrived in a week. No problems.

I have not tried any online ordering, though.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #44
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
I have had multiple issues with both 4wheelsparts and ORW and here in San Diego.. there really isint many places to chose from..

Both companies are focused on the $$$$ not the customer.

I stoped going to 4wheelparts after my 89 pre-taco 4x4 .. they actually broke a part on my truck while i was getting new tires an alignment done and took 3 days to fix it... 3 DAYS!!!!!

And before that I had a 87 YJ wrangler jeep.. *pile of shit*

And of all the parts I had ordered .. almost none where correct the first time.. the people behind the counter should be at mcdonalds because thats how much they know about 4wheeling...

I would get parts for a TJ... a 97.. mine was a YJ 87.. night and day difference..

I wont even go near them with my current truck..

And as for ORW... I always seem to get treated like i am a complete moron.

x5000000 thumbs down for both companies.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #45
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I made an in-store order a couple of days ago.

Came in with a specific list and it still took almost 30minutes for the guy behind the counter to order what I wanted. First he told me just to crank up my 5100's to the top notch to "save money" when he assumed I just wanted a 3in lift.

Seemed like the guy was trying to point me at pro-comp when I was ordering OME, and that my LR UCA's that i'm planning to use are "garbage".

Got everything I wanted ordered after he got the hint that I didn't care about whatever he was talking about. I was almost at the point of either dealing with someone else or just walking out

Now it's about a 3-4 week wait(already charged my card) on shipping it in on the boat. I'll wait and see if saving $500 on frieght from another company was worth it or not.

I'll chalk it up that the guy has little/no expierence with Tacoma specific applications and/or used to dealing with people that buy whatever he reccomends.

I'm still neutral for now
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #46
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered from my local 4wheelparts in san jose. They were nice. Did a great job on my lift and rims.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #47
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I dont get it. You guys are ordering parts IN STORE? If I go into a store, I walk out with the part or they dont get my money. Ordering is for the internet, not a brick and mortar store.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #48
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
I was about to start a new thread for everyone but it seems i don't need to.
4 wheel parts is a total joke. i spent a little over $6,000 last year with them to build up my cousins jeep (known on here as cowgirl) and thought we were getting a good discount on everything but after talking with a local shop owner he about spit his drink out after i told him what we paid. everything was said and done with so no use in getting upset over it all. her stuff didn't arrive for almost 3 months after ordering. 3 MONTHS! then once it did ship out they sent it freight after i had specified multiple times that it was a residential address. i ended up having to meet the semi truck driver off one of the highway exits and in 3 trips there and home transfer the stuff from his truck to mine. when i called them to complain he basically said i was SOL and nothing he could do about it.

now recently i needed new bilstein shocks as my current 7100's were blown out. after researching, 4wp seemed to be the only company with the exact ones i needed in stock. i have a big wheeling trip on the 16th in 8 days. i ordered the shocks 2 weeks ago with the expectation i'd get them in about 2 weeks max so i'd have time to install them.
a week goes by after placing the order and i got an email saying they were "ordered" and they apologized for the delay. i assumed they meant backordered but they didn't quite word it that way to save themselves so i called them and was told they were being dropshipped and were being picked up that day from bilstein and would be at the florida 4wp warehouse in 4 days. from there they will ship out and i would have them by the end of this(right now) week.
I called yesterday just to double check and was told they weren't picked up from bilstein until yesterday and they wouldn't be at the florida warehouse till next week which means i wouldn't get them until friday of next week(AFTER MY WHEELING TRIP) or the following monday. asked to speak to a sup. and got his voicemail. so today i called again and got a different voicemail to a different sup. he finally called me back and comfirmed they weren't going to get to the warehouse until next week and i wouldn't have them in time. i politely explained i've been a customer who has spent a good amount of money at their company and would like to see about getting discounted expedited shipping. i was told that i couldn't get discounted shipping because i already had free shipping. i explained a good 4 times i don't mind to pay for expedited shipping but i'd like for them to discount the expedited at least a little bit but all he offered was a gift card. i've had this much frustration so far, why the hell would i want a giftcard to spend at their store.
he referred me to another supervisor's extension. i tried for 6 hours to get ahold of this sup. which included leaving 2 voicemails. i tried again after the 6 hours and he answered. explained the situation yet again and he said he'd call bilstein and find out exactly where my shocks were and would check pricing for shipping.
after calling me back he said 2 day shipping would be $55 and it would get there the day i leave for my trip but he could make it an even $40 for that. he wouldn't budge any more.
so i had to pay an additional $40 to HOPE i get my shocks in time for the trip.
i'll post in a week when i'm supposed to have my new shocks if i get them.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #49
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #50
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
I was about to start a new thread for everyone but it seems i don't need to.
4 wheel parts is a total joke. i spent a little over $6,000 last year with them to build up my cousins jeep (known on here as cowgirl) and thought we were getting a good discount on everything but after talking with a local shop owner he about spit his drink out after i told him what we paid. everything was said and done with so no use in getting upset over it all. her stuff didn't arrive for almost 3 months after ordering. 3 MONTHS! then once it did ship out they sent it freight after i had specified multiple times that it was a residential address. i ended up having to meet the semi truck driver off one of the highway exits and in 3 trips there and home transfer the stuff from his truck to mine. when i called them to complain he basically said i was SOL and nothing he could do about it.

now recently i needed new bilstein shocks as my current 7100's were blown out. after researching, 4wp seemed to be the only company with the exact ones i needed in stock. i have a big wheeling trip on the 16th in 8 days. i ordered the shocks 2 weeks ago with the expectation i'd get them in about 2 weeks max so i'd have time to install them.
a week goes by after placing the order and i got an email saying they were "ordered" and they apologized for the delay. i assumed they meant backordered but they didn't quite word it that way to save themselves so i called them and was told they were being dropshipped and were being picked up that day from bilstein and would be at the florida 4wp warehouse in 4 days. from there they will ship out and i would have them by the end of this(right now) week.
I called yesterday just to double check and was told they weren't picked up from bilstein until yesterday and they wouldn't be at the florida warehouse till next week which means i wouldn't get them until friday of next week(AFTER MY WHEELING TRIP) or the following monday. asked to speak to a sup. and got his voicemail. so today i called again and got a different voicemail to a different sup. he finally called me back and comfirmed they weren't going to get to the warehouse until next week and i wouldn't have them in time. i politely explained i've been a customer who has spent a good amount of money at their company and would like to see about getting discounted expedited shipping. i was told that i couldn't get discounted shipping because i already had free shipping. i explained a good 4 times i don't mind to pay for expedited shipping but i'd like for them to discount the expedited at least a little bit but all he offered was a gift card. i've had this much frustration so far, why the hell would i want a giftcard to spend at their store.
he referred me to another supervisor's extension. i tried for 6 hours to get ahold of this sup. which included leaving 2 voicemails. i tried again after the 6 hours and he answered. explained the situation yet again and he said he'd call bilstein and find out exactly where my shocks were and would check pricing for shipping.
after calling me back he said 2 day shipping would be $55 and it would get there the day i leave for my trip but he could make it an even $40 for that. he wouldn't budge any more.
so i had to pay an additional $40 to HOPE i get my shocks in time for the trip.
i'll post in a week when i'm supposed to have my new shocks if i get them.
WOW!!! Thats pretty bad.

i got a story .........

I bought some Nitro 4.88 gears, master install kits, and a rear PowerTrax locker in a gb on here. Obviously all i need is someone to do the install. So i got to talkin to my buddy that knows a guy that does the diff installs at 4WheelParts and he said that that guy might hook me up with a good price. So we head up to the shop to talk to this guy. I begin to tell him, and 2 other guys standing there, that i have all the parts and just want him to install them. He immediately cuts me off and says that they usually dont install parts that they dont sell and that he would have to check with his manager. I inquired why and he replied with " We warranty all our parts and wont warranty parts we dont sell so we usually dont install them." So i asked if he could ask the manager and see if it was ok. He comes back and said that the manager said if i was willing to sign a paper stating that if the parts failed, they would not be responsible for replacing them and i would have no warranty.

I told him that was fine because i have good parts and as long as they do a good install then i shouldnt have any "warranty" issues anyway. So he starts writing me up a quote for them while explaining how everything will work. Says they have a special on installs right now and it will only be $200 an axle. So in the middle of all this, he says "So what kinda gears you got?" I told him Nitro. He says "Uuuuuummmmmm ive never heard of Nitro." Me: " You,ve never heard of Nitro?" Him and the other 2 guys standing there swore up and down that they had never heard of Nitro before. I told them that thats what EGCS recommends and what most Toyotas run. 1 guy told me that he worked on Toyota's for 15+ years and had never heard of Nitro gears. I just laughed ......

He then goes on to explain that now hes not sure if his manager will want this done now because if they install shitty parts and stuff starts breaking, which it will, then it looks bad on them. I told him they were the best gears u could put in a toyota and were not shiity parts and his response was "Well maybe you should get online and do some research on those gears cause ive never heard of them and i guarantee you they are shitty." I laughed again .......

I then asked if he would re-ask his manager about the install. The manager comes out and he also explains all the same things the other guy said to me. I told him i understand and once again asked if they would install it. So he, clearly being a dick at this point, begins to write me a quote while still trying to explain to me that my parts are shitty and he doesnt understand why i would want to put them in knowing that i would just be back to buy their parts. At this point i was just ignoring him anyway. So keep in mind that he already told me that they had a special going on for $200 an axle on labor install. If i can add, thats $400 plus it was $30 for fluids, so $430.

He then hands me a quote for $1160. I said "What is this?" He said "This is our price for labor if you want us to install YOUR parts." I said "Go fuck yourself dude! Thanks for the help!" and i walked out.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i wont be going back there anymore
Old 05-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #51
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I've only seen one reference to the shop here in San Antonio. 4WP seems to be the only place in town that sells OME stuff and I want the full OME 3" lift kit w/ dakars. Anyone use the San Antonio shop? Good experience?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #52
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I've ordered & picked up stuff many times from the Charlotte, NC 4WP with no issues. As for installs, I trust myself more than them & their labor rates are crazy high.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #53
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I can do basic maintenance but no way I trust myself enough to put a lift on. I need professional help for that one. My luck, I'd get the old stuff off and get stuck!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
... his response was "Well maybe you should get online and do some research on those gears cause ive never heard of them and i guarantee you they are shitty."
Did you point out the fallacy in his logic? How can he guarantee the shittiness of a product that he's never had any experience with?

Good times!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #55
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty simple. I live in California and deal with the San Jose shop. Everything I have ever ordered has showed up the next day by 12:00. That may be because one of the main hubs is in Oakland but I have had no probs. As far as labor goes they are definitely not the cheapest. But I will say that if they offered me a price as what allmotorrex said I would jump on it right there. Even at $1,100.00 for a rear locker install and front and rear regear that is a good deal. I find it very hard to believe that any shop would charge $200 per "axle" I mean diff. Besides If it were per "axle" wouldn't that tally to $800 right there? Just saying... They quoted me $3,000 for providing the gears and installing owner provided ARB RD129 locker. No plumbing or wiring. I had it done a different shop for $1,600.00 which is quite the difference. Long and short of it IMO is they are good for parts but pricey for any type of labor.