1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else have this experience with Wab Fab Off-Road LLC???

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by tx_shooter, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Oct 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter [OP] This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Well I ordered a 1" body lift for my 4Runner and was hoping to put it on this weekend. I shopped around and decided to get the kit from WabFab because it looked and appeared to be a more complete and assembled kit that would be available almost immediately. The other places I found had 2-3 week waiting periods for shipping while WabFab has 2-3 days till shipping on their website right beside the kit. So, I orderd the $120 kit instead of the $80 kit....
    Saturday, 10:19 PM: Ordered kit and received email confirming order. Received another email almost immediately confirming my order. At this point I'm expecting my kit to be in the mail no later than Wednesday.
    No other email updates received.
    Wednesday, 10:42 PM: Sent email to the address provided checking on the status of my order.
    Thursday, 7:23 AM: Email received back.
    I guess he is busy so I responed with my kit and city/state.
    His response.
    Since I did order it in plenty of time I responded with this:
    Not to aggressive; but let him know that I didn't care to do business with him now.
    His response:
    I responded with :
    At this point I did receive my refund within ten minutes and responded with this.
    So... if you decide to order anything from them you have been warned about their idea of "customer service" lol

2. Oct 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Hold up - I just saw that my "refund" was for $114 while I was charged $127! That sorry sack of rabbit crap is trying to keep the shipping and handling fee for something he didn't even ship or handle!

3. Oct 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    Poke Tako

Poke Tako Mall CRAWLer.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad 4x4
    What?!? They said "Fuck off" to you?!? IMHO, that is just plain crazy and stupid on behalf of their company.

I ordered my Hi-lift adapter from Wabfab as well. I ordered it early August and gave them a month or so to receive it. Until this day I still haven't received it. I sent an email and text to them regarding my order and they claim that they are backed up. I'll give them at least another month or so. If I don't receive my order by then, I'll cancel it and ask for a refund.

4. Oct 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    Wait a second?!?! You orderd a part in early August? It is almost November!! It didnt take that long for my bumper to be built and shipped to me. That is just piss poor that a simple part has not even shipped yet.
    You are way more easy going about that than I would be.

5. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:

Wow - you're getting fucked! Hope he bought you lunch first.

6. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Try to resolve it with WabFab. If unsuccessful, dispute it through your credit card company.

7. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I would contact my local consumer TV host, "dear Abby" "click and clack" in the newspaper and anyone else I could think of. I would contact the BBB also, unless you are leaving something out they are way way out of line. Telling a cutomer to FO, wow. That would be part of my sig on every forum I was on. I would also write every off road magazine at the market.

8. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Just trying to pass the word about an asshole taking your money.

9. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    I hope he goes out of buisness

10. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    XXXtremeasspirate, going to lurk or say something bitch?

11. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    KenLyns

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
  12. Oct 28, 2011 at 4:37 AM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    After an exchange on another website of narrowminded peoples I discovered these things:
    1) WabFab is months behind on a lot of orders and owes nobody a fucking apology or explination.

2) The tornado that hit Tuscaloosa must have done him damage because anything that has to be made in shop has a waiting period of at least a couple months.

3) WabFab does not update customers on the status of orders; you are just going to get it in the mail some day and most of his followers are ok with that. If you are a consumer who has come to expect a certain level of feedback from the people you spend your money with you are not the type of customer that WabFab wants.

4) You get it when WabFab gets around to getting it to you; plain and simple. Any problems with that and you will be told to "fuck off".

5) While we can all understand a 10% restocking fee if we return an item; he also charges a 10% fee on cancelled orders even if he has not done shit to begin processing your order, doens't know of your order, or just doens't like being called out on shitty service.

13. Oct 28, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    KenLyns

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    ^ Damn. Thankfully there are better alternatives for off road fab work. The "rabbit foot" clawed hi-lift base looks interesting.

14. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    Mojav

Mojav New Member

Member:
    Hmm. Similiar experience.

I ordered in late Feb 2012, the clawfoot hi lift base, thinking that at least 1 month or more I could wait for delivery. So after checking in, it was even longer... so on April 6th 2012 I needed to regretfully cancel, due to a trip leave date. I sent the email cancellation, and checked in also in May to no avail. Haven't heard from anyone on my cancelled order refund ?

Again checked this April 2013 and no replies to any emails. Tried a few different emails for Wab** and even called their Tuskaloosa office , no calls back..

I prefer to just be refunded for no delivery, and not dispute with Paypal or my bank.

Ugh.

Mojav

15. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Sorry to hear it; but per his practice you are going to be docked the 15% restocking on a part he does not have in stock. If I was in your situation I would get your documentation together and challenge the transaction with your card company or bank. They will do an ACH reversal and get the full amount back.

16. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    You have to love those local shops that support their local customers. Thankfully at least my local motorcycle shop knows that without the local riders he would be closed.

Also, Mojav it sucks you had to pop your chair posting about WabCrap.

17. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    There's more then one topic at pirate4x4 about the wabfab doucebaggery. One of my buddies had a huge heated thread with wabfab at pirate trying to redeem a donated raffle prize that he didn't want to honor :rolleyes:

18. Apr 14, 2013 at 4:58 AM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    I have a thread on Pirate where I called him for this failed transaction and that is where I met the brigade of rabbit followers. They do not care how long it takes or what it costs; WabCrap is the best in their opinion. I found a couple of stories where he donated some stuff at a local wheeling meet; some of the same stuff people over here and other places were complaining about never receiving. It seems he is more than happy to take your money and never send the product. One of these days someone is going to knock on his door and knock his lights out for this crap.

19. Apr 14, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    lol I remember reading your pirate thread on this

man, those guys have tight assholes

20. Apr 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Wow, I almost bought sliders from them. Glad I didn't!

To Top