Notices

4Wheel Parts - TW Worthy??

View Poll Results: Should 4 Wheel Parts be on TW
Yes, they aren't all bad. 8 27.59%
No, nothing but crooks and liars over there. 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
4Wheel Parts - TW Worthy??

There has always been a lot of venting threads on here regarding TW members being unsatisfied with their experiences with 4 Wheel Parts. This one being the most recent:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...heelparts.html

In this most recent thread there were a number of people that voiced their opinion that 4 wheel parts should no longer be featured on TW's "shop online" drop down list. I figured I would start a poll so that the members of TW can vote and make their case for whether 4 wheel parts should stay or go.

I don't know if this poll would be considered by Bob and the Mods in whether or not TW will continue to support 4 wheel parts but figured it could be a more official "voice" of the minions...too bad TW isn't a democracy!!

Anyway... vote, make your case, and we'll see if there really is enough disgruntled TW members to make a difference or if its just the occasional bad experience that seems to stick out.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
TW timed out halfway through posting the poll so i guess it didn't go through...

edit: poll added.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
I'm buying wheels and tires there tomorrow! 150 dollar gift certificate for spending 1000+ dollars on black Friday.

4wp is good for one thing: off road items at a cheap price and free shipping (with the in store pick up option).

Just don't get your stuff installed there and do your own research before you buy something, don't trust there "experts".
Old 11-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
I'm buying wheels and tires there tomorrow! 150 dollar gift certificate for spending 1000+ dollars on black Friday.

4wp is good for one thing: off road items at a cheap price and free shipping (with the in store pick up option).

Just don't get your stuff installed there and do your own research before you buy something, don't trust there "experts".

well it seems like most people have a problem with their customer service and communication through online purchases... getting the wrong parts, not being told when things aren't in stock, poor resolution of issues if any....etc.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They are shit and they need to go out of business our a serious overhaul needs to be done. Fire all the bros and hire good people with actual knowledge but we know that won't happen.

I have used them twice and tried a 3rd. The first time was for am intake. Everything went well but probably because the intake was drop shipped from K&N. The second time I went in the store and ordered shocks for my Ranger. They came in and I could already tell they weren't going to fit when I picked them up. The dude at the counter assured me they would fit. I went home and sure thought they didn't fit. I went back and the same guy gave me shit installing the shocks. I got my money back though. The third and final time I tried to get something no one was around to help. There was one guy on the phone for a good 15 minutes but that's it. I just walked out.

live via
Old 11-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I've found that its a good rule of thumb to believe the exact opposite of anything 4wp tells you, about anything.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
im 50/50 with them
Old 11-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you vote as well!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
you want good parts, with knowledgeable people, go to wheelers. Ive ordered a bunch of stuff from them.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a good tow strap yesterday, I avoided this company from all the bad posts I have read about them here on TW. Not going to ever test the waters with them.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
TRDTRUCK11 has a spectacular aura aboutTRDTRUCK11 has a spectacular aura aboutTRDTRUCK11 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
TRDTRUCK11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They are shit and they need to go out of business our a serious overhaul needs to be done.
X2
Old 11-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't trust 4WP doing work on my vehicle.

I would buy parts from them though if the price was right.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #14
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I wouldn't trust 4WP doing work on my vehicle.

I would buy parts from them though if the price was right.
X2 My thoughts exactly. They have good prices and I buy online and pick up in store all the time, I live 3 blocks from a store. But they will never touch my vehicles.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
......The third and final time I tried to get something no one was around to help. There was one guy on the phone for a good 15 minutes but that's it. I just walked out.

live via
thats so funny, this happened to me recently at the one in Azusa. the tall fat guy was on the phone behind the counter and made no acknowledgment to me or the other 2 dudes behind me. this went on for a good 10 minutes. then left and walked off the showroom to the back and was gone for about 5 minutes and came out with a half eating burrito wrapped in foil and a drink. WTF is that shit. and this is the same dude a few years prior that said he couldnt sell me anything without me entering my info to include phone number and home address into their data base..store policy. i refused and left. all i wanted was a freaken DVD at the time
Old 11-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
if they have the right price on what you want walk in with a part number and you will get what you want...

anywhere you go you get asshats. some jeeper behind the counter that cant wait to tell you your taco is a POS you shoulda bought a jeep... yada yada

oh and they pricematch, so bring your smartphone and show a cheaper price and theyll match it... ive bought small items like straps etc, my highlift, etc... know what you want, bring an add, and plug your ears...

Funny story i was buying a hilift and the guy was going to show me how to use it and how "different" it was from older hilifts (which they arent). Anyway halfway through the demo he pinched himself so bad he dropped the jack and ran to the bathroom leaving a trail of blood...

i went and picked out another jack (without blood all over it) and proceeded to check out, laughing all the way through the parking lot
Old 11-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
R o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
R o C C o 5 7's Tacoma Gallery
From personal experience.4wheelParts Shaaaaaaady.What do you guys think about Outlaw Offroad? I visited them recently and they seemed to be very straight.What do you guys think about them?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
4WP is not worthy of anyone's business. I don't feel bad that hundreds of Jeep owners get suckered into that place. This is why we as Toyota members need to set the standard for smart decisions, classy off road/on road behavior, and just being awesome.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #19
Spartacus!
XBrown is on a distinguished road

Name: Xavier
XBrown's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a set of shocks from 4wp last week, and I've found they never send any tracking numbers. That, combined with inconsistent shipping times makes me nervous.

I once ordered some stuff from their Jeep counterpart, 4WD (basically the same company), and was sent both halves of a Jeep CJ8, in addition to my stuff. Try getting someone there to pay for the shipping on those. . .
Old 11-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
The way I see it you have a choice. You have 4wp, orw, or the small shops with a small inventory and huge markups. If you know what you want 4wp has decent prices, and they've never tried to sell me anything I didn't want. They will never touch my truck though.