Notices

TireChainDealer.com Review

Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Pacman86m is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Battalion 3
Name: Thomas
Pacman86m's Tacoma Gallery
TireChainDealer.com Review

Back Story: I have a 2011 DCSB SR5. I recently upgraded my tires for the winter from stock 245/75's to 265/75 BFG K/O's. After the upgrade I also wanted to get a pair of snow chains. I work as a Firefighter and will be moved to a mountain station that the roads to and from get shut down due to snow/ice. Needing to get through those 'closed' roads, I need to be prepared for the worst.

I purchased the Grip 4x4 from RUD chain. The company I purchased them through was Tirechaindealer.com. The site was very useful in researching the brand and after checking with BBB about them, I went ahead with the order.

I was able to track the order to the mailbox and knew it was waiting for me at home. Tirechaindealer.com was great with communication from invoice to after delivery. I have put the chains on for test fit and look great. Exactly as advertised. Hope to hit some snow soon to really give these a test. Between the snow rated tires and the chains I'm confident if anyone will be able to get through, itís going to be me.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Pacman86m is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Battalion 3
Name: Thomas
Pacman86m's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
how long did it take and who was it ship through???
From order date to arrival was approx 7 business days. Shipped in a USPS flat rate box. (USPS wrote on the box 'VERY HEAVY' haha.)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman86m View Post
From order date to arrival was approx 7 business days. Shipped in a USPS flat rate box. (USPS wrote on the box 'VERY HEAVY' haha.)
okk cool i need chain Accessories
Old 11-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a set of Rud Grip 4x4 chains last Thursady and they came in on Monday. Three days from the time of order, and actually they sat in one spot for the weekend as I had them delivered to my work location.

I have always had chains for my 4x4 rigs as am a firm believer in rugged areas with heavy snow and ice, to be properly equipped. With my new Tacoma, my old chains wouldn't fit and besides I needed something that provided lateral protection and easier to put on. Watched plenty of videos, read a bunch of reviews and decided to give this type a try.

Buying something over the internet for me is risky in terms of what a picture shows, and what you actually receive. So decided to give them a call. Brian assured me these were a good solid product, and not to worry about the quality.

Based on his size charts ordered the 0141 item. When they arrived (weight 23 pounds), opened the box, and there they were. Extremely well built, solid and just as the video showed. The links, cable and parts are very substantial. However noticed my tire size was not mentioned on the package. Started looking on the net, and most everyone else had a different part number. Called back, Brian said they would fit, as the size called out in other sites were actually too big, but go ahead and try them on, if not will replace.

So after watching the video on his site about 5 times, went out to give it a go. 20 min later, could not get them to go on right. Went back and watched the video again, went back out and had them on in 1 min 45 seconds.

They fit fine and am very very happy with both my choice of chains and dealer.

I will be picking up another set before long, as this should be a good snow winter in the Sierras and Siskiyou mountians which are my usual winter drive spots

Thank Brian and http://tirechaindealer.com/