1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Piaa

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by jackhart, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dec 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    jackhart

jackhart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    had a set of 525 driving lights on my jeep, long story short my wife drove into a barrier of some kind at the train station and broke the glass on the lights.

i ordered front replacement lenses from Piaa, cheaper than replacing the entire light. well at some point Piaa must have redesigned the lights, because the lenses would not fit on my light housings.

called Piaa up, spoke to this guy Alan, and they said yes, we did redesign them. send back the lenses and we will send you brand new lights. i was like YES!! what great customer service.

so i sent the lenses back to them end of september. a month goes by, and no response. i call Alan up, he can't find the lenses. luckily i saved the ups receipt and sent him the tracking number and a POD. i email the receipt with the tracking number, along with a nice note about what a great company piaa is...

fast forward to yesterday. i've heard nothing from Alan. i send another note, re-copying the initial email i sent, plus the proof of delivery. i tell them i am not so excited about their customer service anymore.

i get a response last night from Alan, saying "This is the first time I have gotten the proof of delivery. Your warranty number is 193XXX and they will be shipped out tomorrow."

so, while i'm a little disappointed that it took about 3 months to get my replacment lights, i am happy Piaa (and Alan) are standing by their word to replace them. i think they need to work on their organizational skills a little bit - i mean come one, you lose the box which i have a receipt for, and you "claim" you never saw my email sending you the POD?

i should mention that Piaa also agreed - at my request - to send 510 atp's instead of the 525s, since i've sold the jeep and want something that will better fit the Tacoma.

Happy Holidays.

2. Dec 22, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  3. Dec 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I had a good experience with Piaa many years ago when I needed some parts replaced. I called up and they sent them right out free of charge.

4. Dec 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    jackhart

jackhart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    well our friend "Alan" sent me the 525's, not the 510's which i requested...:mad:

pugga i would have to agree with your assessment of Alan...i mean come on man. i have NO use for these oversized monster lights anymore. the 510's would have been perfect...i guess off to ebay i go.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
To Top