Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Leeper Coilover Resurrection by Marco at Down South MS

Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Leeper Coilover Resurrection by Marco at Down South MS

If anyone needs there coilovers rebuilt here in Hawaii I recommend contacting Marco at Down South Motorsports. His communication was awesome and they did an excellent job with the rebuild. The shipping from hawaii to them and back was not as bad as i expected, about $195 total. Here's how awesome the truck rides now:

I put them back on this morning and what an unbelievable awesome smooth ride. I have a feeling the shocks were bad from when i first got them because they were nowhere this smooth and responsive when I first put them on. I had them cranked to almost three inches of lift - center of wheel hub to bottom of fender flare was 24.5" on both sides.
Since they were re-built with Icon parts I assume Icons ride like this and if so I highly recommend buying Icons's. The digressive ride on the highway is so dam smooth, and the stopping and cornering is very responsive. The truck is very confident now with it's supercharger =-)

For anyone who has a chance to buy blown Leepers for a decent price I say it's worth the rebuild. Also, when I took my coilovers off for rebuild I put my top plate spacer 3inch lift with my stock coilovers back on. Man that ride was so bouncy and it would roll pretty bad in the turns - pretty crappy ride compared to these rebuilt coilovers. So everyone - get coilovers they Rock!
Thanks again Down South for your awesome service!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
i have a set of leepers that are needing a rebuild talked to DSM last august. i am now going to send mine off as soon as i get a response from them. now my ride will be smooth too i hope
Old 03-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo-cat3 View Post
They will be nice and smooth after rebuild. DSM will be fast and do good service. Are you cranking them out to 3" of lift?

im thinking yes that I will crank them to 3". havent had them on the 4runner yet. bought them used just sending them off for a rebuild
Old 03-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
Bangers Runner

adjustable billys 5100 set at 2.5 and top plate spacer that lifts another 2.5"..
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
Bangers Runner

a lot of people dont recommend stacking lifts... no problems from it for me. just going to replace my lower ball joints as a precaution when the coilovers come back
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
a lot of people dont recommend stacking lifts... no problems from it for me. just going to replace my lower ball joints as a precaution when the coilovers come back
Problems with bigger top plate spacers is that it makes the overall length of your shock longer, so when you bottom out in front the shock gets fully compressed before the bump stops touch. No bueno.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
Bangers Runner

hmm... i got an idea..
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #12
Bangers Runner

no spacer lift anymore. i went to a 395/75/16 I think. 33.5 tire. took the spacer lift away. just have the leepers and New LCA. cranked the leapers up a little. clears the tires just fine.