Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Shop Review:Tim @ DMZ Fab and Race Prep

Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Shop Review:Tim @ DMZ Fab and Race Prep

I live in Phx AZ and left my house at 2 in the morning to drop the truck off at 7 for Tim in Corona to get started on installing my Glassworks front and rear glass. Tim was great to talk to over the phone and via email, very quick to respond and just overall a great communication.

I will for future products and service drive back to Tim. Extremely happy with his fitment of the glass and things were very clean when I went to pick the truck up. He even went the little extra mile. My aluminum corners under the headlights were shot and he welded and ground it up for me and sprayed it white.

Thanks Tim!

Some pictures

Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks great man! Tim has the best customer service IMO. You can basically ask him anything, shoot the shit etc. He always take care of my truck
Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I completely agree I took my truck to him to have my front and rear glass put on when i lived in california and then moved out to Phoenix. I called him one day and said I needed a long travel kit so he overnighted me the tc long travel kit with fox shoxs and everything I needed. I have been told to go to other shops because they are closer and cheaper but I know if I go to any of them I will not get the customer service and attention to detail that Tim has.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Not 1 but 2 "monster" cans I see?

JK, the truck looks bad ass, what a difference!

The skid looks great painted black!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid05tacoma View Post
I completely agree I took my truck to him to have my front and rear glass put on when i lived in california and then moved out to Phoenix. I called him one day and said I needed a long travel kit so he overnighted me the tc long travel kit with fox shoxs and everything I needed. I have been told to go to other shops because they are closer and cheaper but I know if I go to any of them I will not get the customer service and attention to detail that Tim has.
I usually hear the same story from people Ive talked to about DMZ Tim

I know I'm a little biased but, even before I was a loyal patron I had a few friends who were going to DMZ Tim for work. I used to hang around the shop and ask Tim questions etc. He was always happy to help me out and shoot the shit with me even though I wasnt a customer of his.

All around nice guy and gives fair prices for custom fabrication. Even if his prices were double Id still go to him. Everytime I have a problem he gives me advice and sometimes tells me to bring the truck down and helps me out.

You can buy parts from anyone, but having a fabricator who is willing to talk and help you out with any of your problems is worth more than any discounted part.

His customer service is bar none.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Ollie

You going to be going with the DMZ SUA when you do the rear?!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Rookie
UncleOrmo is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
UncleOrmo's Tacoma Gallery
I live on the west coast of Canada and I'm considering making the drive to get fab work done by DMZ Tim. So far his customer service has been great and he seems really down to earth when we talked over the phone. Now I just need to save some $$$