Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Parts geek F.U.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Parts geek F.U.

Ordered 2 grill's 2-9-012 no grills sent so after 2 weeks asked for money back. Still no $ so called the 800 #. They say now they cant find check or order from me to them. Have to go to CU and get copy of bank check for DA office. what a mess,,,,,,, DO NOT BUY FROM PARTS GEEK, THEY SUCK THE FOOT LONG...... Jim
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear jim, hope it all gets worked out!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Ordered 2 grill's 2-9-012 no grills sent so after 2 weeks asked for money back. Still no $ so called the 800 #. They say now they cant find check or order from me to them. Have to go to CU and get copy of bank check for DA office. what a mess,,,,,,, DO NOT BUY FROM PARTS GEEK, THEY SUCK THE FOOT LONG...... Jim
Had a similar incident with them. Report them to the BBB. I got a quick refund after I did that.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
wow, that's pretty irresponsible for an operation of that size. good luck jim.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You ordered online and paid with a check?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
You ordered online and paid with a check?
Cashier's check no less, Just like cash. They said they would send the grills when I told them to send the $ back. So much for they never got the check.......... Jim
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Onion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jason
Onion27's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I read this. I was about to buy a grille from them too.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion27 View Post
Glad I read this. I was about to buy a grille from them too.
Go to rock auto so far they have been EZ and good to deal with little more money but not rip off's like some online sites are.... Jim
Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Onion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the rough
Onion27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Go to rock auto so far they have been EZ and good to deal with little more money but not rip off's like some online sites are.... Jim
Thanks for this. I'll check them out.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Use a credit or debit card and you won't have issues. Checks through the mail seem awfully silly these days as you have no recourse if something gets lost or stolen.

If you're worried about identity theft, get a second card associated with the account and use that exclusively for online purchases.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
Onion27's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! Didn't realize RockAuto wants you to bend over when they charge you shipping!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say it, but you were kinda askin for it by paying with a check. I's still unprofessional of them, however.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #13

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WOW! Didn't realize RockAuto wants you to bend over when they charge you shipping!
That just started about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what the heck happened there but it's a recent thing.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
says 16.16 for a grill shipped
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
says 16.16 for a grill shipped
Yes but a least they ship them.. Update on the parts geeks they now say they will send me a check on Mon. Going to stand by the mail box and hope for the best. I think the E mail asking for the addy for the D.A.'s office had something to do with it but not sure. They will never get any of my $ after this bull... Jim
Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Hate to hear this, I had a fast, pleasant transaction with them. This was a year or more ago.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Got my check back on thurs, the same one I sent out on 2-9-012.. only the check was in there not a sorry or a fuck you are anything.. Hell of a way for someone as large as PG to do biz... Do not use them if you can find parts somewhere else.... Jim
Old 03-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Lesson learned. Don't order any parts using a check or money order. You always want to use a CC so you can dispute it if there's a problem.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #19
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i order from them and havent had any problems yet, but of course i pay with credit cards if that makes any difference.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Weird, I ordered a grill, headlights and some filler pieces and the shipping was great, fast and nicely packaged, Only thing was my grill had a tab snapped off, Kinda pissed but i just JBed it and called it good, Cant complain for the pricing. They arent the best place as they sent me a Mica silver grill when i just wanted an unpainted black one, No big deal because i found out its an OEM upgrade from what i ordered so only complaint is the tab and thats probably UPS throwing my big packages around the back of there trucks.