1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ELUSIVE Hardware

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Nick54, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I got in on an ELUSIVE ELEMENTS Light Bar behind grill GROUP BUY. shipping was timely, however when I arrived home from work and found the package on my front porch - well let's just say I'm glad Fed-wreckx doesn't deliver baby's. The box was beat up pretty good so I unboxed the bar right away. Overall the bar was in real good shape considering how bad the box was. Upon closer inspection I noticed that there wasn't any hardware in the package so on 3-9-12 I sent timsrx this PM

"Got the light bar today and I must say - beautifully crafted, and now the however, the box arrived beat to crap no doubt allowing the hardware to vanish into the FedEx abyss. I don't know if the hardware was originally packaged and stuffed in the plastic bag the light bar came in but it to was unsealed and would have allowed the contents to escape. Had that bag been sealed it's likely the nuts and bolts would have survived the trip. I know you will do what you can to make it right, just saying all this so maybe the next guy won't have the same experience."

His reply on 3-9-12
    "Hmm that's odd I have shipped almost 200 of them never one issue? The bolts are in a plastic bag then taped to the plastic bag the bar was in you should have refused it do we can claim insurance I'm glad the bar made it?? I can ship you hardware but it is on order and will not be in for a week the best thing to do is hit your local hardware store m6 is the bolt thread".

My reply on 3-9-12
    "Unfortunately no one was at home when the delivery was made. I looked at the bag again and the tape is there but no bolts. Well I guess 1 in 200 is pretty good odds if that's the worst it gets."

My pm on 3-9-12
    "Its 31 degrees here so I'm in no big hurry to install the bar, I don't mind waiting for the hardware to come in. I wasn't raggin on you man, It's more an issue of Fed-wrecks treating peoples stuff like firewood. The bar is in fine shape just a little scuff on one of the vertical brackets, nothing I cant touch up."

My PM on 3-20-12
    "Tim, I'm willing to cover the shipping on the bolts. I realize it's FedEx that lost them, however I'm sure the cost of hardware was figured into my purchase of the light bar and I shouldn't have to purchase them again. I hope your see this as a reasonable resolution.
    Nick"

Well here it is 3-27-12 and not a word from timsrx. It's not like having to buy the nuts and bolts will take food from my kids mouths but that's not the point. When I spent $135.00 for the bar it was clear the price included hardware. Since this was 1 time out of 200 where the hardware came up missing, I would assume Elusive could afford to send the hardware without experiencing great hardship - it's called good customer service and great word of mouth advertising. As it turns out this is the review they get.

Before writing this I talked with Chris4x4 just to get his perspective and opinion concerning whether to make this post or not. To be honest I was leaning against it, however I concluded that on behalf of all the other TW members I should share this experience.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your input.

2. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I personally feel like he should have been in better touch, but you should also have told FX to get blown right when you got home to see that the package was in less than stellar condition. Give Tim a call 1 503.314.1666

3. Apr 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    timsxr

timsxr Well-Known Member

Member:
    portland
    Wow thanks for the great review Im glad this is the first one out of 200 bars!! In all honesty I really did forget to send that hardware out, I guess I take too much on sometimes and get a little overwelmed with pms thats why I limit how many bars I build and ship. Let me know if I can send you out $5 or hardware?

To Top