Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

My toyotaoempartsworld.com experience Sucked, to put it mildly.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
FLYNN LIVES!
7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter Armament Mechanic
7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
Angry My toyotaoempartsworld.com experience Sucked, to put it mildly.

Just got off the phone with toyota oem parts world for the second time. This makes the second time they've sent me the wrong color grille to match my Radiant Red Tacoma.

I highly recommend dealing with this place on the phone if you have to use them at all. Because apparently they either can't read their email responses or they just don't care.

I originally ordered a color matched Red grille for my specific VIN number truck through the color matched grille thread, that was nicely provided on this site. Very efficient, very thorough, only there was no place to select a color code or anything other than "Red". I had to assume they would get the appropriate Red from the VIN, since most other colors only have one version.

Glitch 1: I get an email that says the part I ordered doesn't match my VIN, but they have a part number that does, should they continue on with my order?

I google their part number, find their website, look it up, look at the diagram and it looks exactly the same as the one I ordered only this one fits all the way up to 2011 instead of 2010.

So I respond with: This looks like the right part, as long as you have it in Radiant Red, please go ahead with my order.

Glitch 2: The grille comes in and I only open it to find a Chrome Factory grille, just like the one I've got.

I call them and explain the situation and how I needed a color matched grille to my Radiant Red Tacoma and they said they saw what the problem was and will be mailing me a UPS ticket to ship the chrome one back and then they will ship me the right grille.

A few days later I get the ticket and send the chrome one back.

Glitch 3: A week later there's a new box on my porch. I open it to find a Red Grille, but it looks darker red than mine. And it has the factory "satoshi" mock up with one center bar. I love the look of the grille, but it is clearly a darker red. A little surfin on here, and it appears to be a Barcelona Red, which might explain why it didnt quite look like Impulse but was definitely darker than my Radiant. Alas, I have to call them back, and my grillle will remain chromed for a couple more weeks.

I call them and try to straighten this whole thing out, don't get me wrong, the guy was nice and as helpful as he could be, but honestly, he knew nothing about my model year truck and asked if I had a Tundra, even after reviewing the order.

I had to tell the guy the color code for Radiant Red myself, he didn't even know! They call themselves an OEM parts store, and THEY don't know the color codes????

So even though they had my VIN from the very start, and even though I specifically told them I needed Radiant Red Twice, I had to order a color matched grille today, as if I've never dealt with them before AND, this is the kicker, I have to pay shipping this time, because quote: "Any time they get out of the VIN number range, they can't be held accountable".

So don't worry toyotaoempartsworld.com, you won't have to worry about me holding you accountable to be able to read an email or understand why a order got screwed up the First time, cause I won't ever order anything from you again.

Worst online ordering experience EVER.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Alright
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Are your trying to get a 2005-2010 grill or a 2011 grill.

If you are trying to get a 2011 grill they do not offer it is radiant red from what I remember off the top of my head.

Either way they do not know what they are doing.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
That's some bad service. The real sad part is it's a Scion dealership parts department. Check out their number under contact on the Toyota OEM Parts World site. It's the same.

Frank
Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
They don't care.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
That is ridiculous!

Yeah Rad Red 05-08 color matched black center.
2009+ is Barcelona Red only color match.
2009-10 Grills have an anthracite (grey) center
2011 the black honeycomb
2012 whole new look front end will not fit.
Impulse never had a color match totally a DIY project or body shop.

And like Steve said, unfortunately too many places employ folks that do not care or want to make the extra effort.

Hope your someday you finally get your rad red color match grill OP!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #9
FLYNN LIVES!
7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
Red face ...

I'm wanting an 05 Radiant Red grille. They didnt have any in their warehouse and had to order one to come in, so I think they finally understand what I wanted and I gave him the color code to go off of this time.

Yeah Simones Mom, thats what I was explaining to the sales rep, how the black mesh grille didnt even come in my color.

It would be easier for everybody if the part itself had some sort of part number and color description on it. And/Or if oem parts world would put the color on the receipt or something, but there aint nothing. Nada. Zip. Just a cardboard box with a bubble wrapped grille and a bill of sale that reads:

"GRILLE ASSY, RADI"

I guess they didn't see the sign outside of the Mill that reads: "Post No Bills!"

LOL -RATM

"And I thank you, for your support."
Old 05-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you were finally able to talk them through!

Your truck will look awesome with the new grill I love the color match look & even had one done in Impulse Red for my tacoma.
Post up pics when you finally get it in & its good to let others know in the future for ordering a grill.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
FLYNN LIVES!

7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Toyota Tacoma Color Codes

If you order a color matched Grille, know your color code, but more importantly, make sure they do:

Taken from: http://www.toyotareference.com/tacoma
Old 05-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #12
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7A7ER View Post
Nice link.

Frank
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
FLYNN LIVES!

7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
The Grille that almost never was!

I apologize for the long delay. I did finally get my color matched grille and it installed a lot simpler than I thought it would. I posted pics online but after reviewing this thread I realize it must have been to my seperate build page on car domain, or I really am getting old, lol.

The right Grill finally arrived around the beginning of August last year:

Picture Positive:

Original Chrome

New Radiant Red!

Old

New!