Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

MetalMiller - Unfortunate Experience

Old 05-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
CascoYota has a spectacular aura aboutCascoYota has a spectacular aura aboutCascoYota has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
CascoYota's Tacoma Gallery
MetalMiller - Unfortunate Experience

I recently had a less than desirable experience with MetalMiller. Figured I would document it for anyone on the fence about purchasing from him.

First off, let me say that he's a pleasant guy to talk to. This is not a slight against him personally, simply his business tactics/customer service.

I ordered a custom emblem from him exactly two months ago today. I had contacted him via this forum. We figured out what it was that I wanted and he supplied me with his paypal info and the price. I've seen great reviews about him around the site so I immediately sent the payment. Adding my forum ID and info in the paypal comments. As well as sending him a message through the site. Just so there was no confusion.

I'm a pretty patient guy. A couple weeks go by, so I send him a message inquiring about the progress. Informs me he was away (vacation or business. not positive). Says it will be ready soon and will be shipped immediately afterwards. Sounds great. Unfortunately, that day has yet to come. Multiple interactions and excuses later and here I am. Disputed the charge through PayPal, but it said it didn't qualify. Took the next step and issued a chrageback via my CC company.

I wouldn't be annoyed if he had just been honest from the start. Instead it was a series of "Yea. It's almost ready. Shipping very soon.". I'm a small business owner myself, so I have even less tolerance for that. If I ever treated my customers as such, I'd be out of business.

Anyways, that's my review. I know lots of people here have had great experiences with him. Just thought I'd throw mine up here.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Was it an intricate custom design?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Here we go again.

Well this is yet again another example of how customer service and honesty will go a long way and avoid threads like this.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
How much are you out? I know that's not the point. Your doing what should be done. Call them out.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a hitch mount rear shackle not long ago and had no problems at all. I do remember reading a thread indicating that he was having some family stuff going on (maybe a sick relative?). I know that's not an excuse but sometimes things come up that you can't avoid.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
CascoYota has a spectacular aura aboutCascoYota has a spectacular aura aboutCascoYota has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
CascoYota's Tacoma Gallery
@Airun: It was the Toyota Truck Logo. Not sure if that's intricate for water-jet cutting.

@ChamYota: Basically. I would have greatly appreciated a direct "No. It's not ready. Might be months in fact.". I would still be patiently waiting.

@Mcdowell: Only $100. I'm lucky enough to have a good job so it's not a great loss. I have initiated a Chargeback, so we'll see what happens. I mulled this post over for quite awhile before posting it. Just to aware people who that $100 could be a little more important to. Granted, you probably shouldn't be buying accessories for your vehicle if that's the case haha.

@Joneill03: Yea. I've read nothing, but great things about his company. I'm obviously the exception. If that's the case, I wish the best for him and his family. I've experienced my fair share. Never fun to go through.

Just to drive a point home. I don't think he was ever trying to intentionally steal from me. Every conservation I had with him, portrayed him as a genuinely good guy. I think I just happened to be one of the few customers who slipped through the cracks. It does happen and it sucks. I decided to post this maybe just to vent. It's important to me that I do it in a respectful fashion though.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
I am having the exact same results with my skid, been well over a month, same stories, I'm at the point were I just want my skid and that will be my last transaction with him
Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Just gonna say that my expierence with him was a good one when i got my grille emblem. Sorry you guys are having trouble with yours but i walked away with the impression of having done business with a good guy. Hope it gets resolved for you both.