Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Any new Taco Tunes Customers ?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
Haskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
Haskett039's Tacoma Gallery
Any new Taco Tunes Customers ?

Hey all i am looking for any new Taco Tunes customer reviews. After being in contact with them for parts i read the reviews on this forum that really dont give them a good rating. I mentioned that to the guy i was emailing back and forth with and he swore to me that all of the complaints were old ( 2009 ) and that they have gotten Soooo much better since then.

Any recent customers willing to chime in ???
Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would still buy from them.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
Fabrizio is on a distinguished road
Name: Fabrizio
Fabrizio's Tacoma Gallery
I just had a really bad expererience with them. He was really nice to me and very quick to responde to my emails B E F O R E me buying anything!!! After that, NOOO response at all!!!

I purchased a dash kit for my new unit and the wrong part was sent. After 3 emails and 2 calls (with messages) still no response (it's been almost a week)...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Nerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Nerodivla's Tacoma Gallery
A little old but I'm in the process of trying to get my money back after my item not being shipped a week after receiving my money. Took a week to even get a reply, he said he was refunding me. I've yet to see my money back.

See mr marv or DIY. Taco tunes is not worth the headache
Old 09-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Fabrizio is on a distinguished road
Name: Fabrizio
Fabrizio's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck.... at least you got a reply (I didn't even get that after he had my money)
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Nerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've been arguing with this tool for the better half of the evening. Seems if you get under his skin a little you'll have no problems getting a reply. He sent a complaint about me to the bbb trying to head off my complaint. Stating I sent 1000 emails to him with profanity and threats. Instead of refunding my purchase price like he said he would. He asked that I contact PayPal and get it that way.

He also wants to bet me that I can't find 20 people that are dissatisfied with his customer service. I think this forum alone proves I'd win that bet. Don't spend your money here, unless you like headaches.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #7

Hey fabrizio,

Try

Tacotunes@onlineaudiosolutions.com
Robsatx@gmail.com
Sales@tacotunes.com
1-210-374-8873
1-210-374-8874

I had to fill his inbox to get a response, but it worked.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Bought speaker adapters from them back in 06'. No complaints, yet. They were kinda pricey, though.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #9

Just had to file a dispute and get it escalated through PayPal as rob had asked me. Not sure why he'd rather I do it that way then just return my money, but he did. He actually thinks that me complaining about him will get him more customers! So I assume he thinks he also has great customer service as well. Go figure. I took my chances and now I'm dealing with it... Don't waste your time or money.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Haskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud ofHaskett039 has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
Haskett039's Tacoma Gallery
Its too bad you have to put up with that Shite, not sure how the guy thinks getting negative reviews on ALL of the forums out there would help his business in anyway.
He was really quick to respond to all of my emails and try to re-assure me that he had his shit together, got a friend request from him through Facebook 5 minutes after our first email. Even volunteered to lower the price and help me out with shipping prices. In the end after reading all of the warnings I opted not to go through with the order through him and went DIY for my mounts. Lucky me i guess, but i think EVERYONE who has had a bad experience with him needs to hit the forums and spread the word!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
same, after reading all this.... I won't recommend him for myself haha

FAIL
Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskett039 View Post
Its too bad you have to put up with that Shite, not sure how the guy thinks getting negative reviews on ALL of the forums out there would help his business in anyway.
He was really quick to respond to all of my emails and try to re-assure me that he had his shit together, got a friend request from him through Facebook 5 minutes after our first email. Even volunteered to lower the price and help me out with shipping prices. In the end after reading all of the warnings I opted not to go through with the order through him and went DIY for my mounts. Lucky me i guess, but i think EVERYONE who has had a bad experience with him needs to hit the forums and spread the word!

You need to tell him you opted out due to bad reviews.

Maybe he will get the picture
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
Tacopig is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Uniform Patrol
Tacopig's Tacoma Gallery
Avoid Tacotunes at ALL costs!!!

I am a super easy going guy, I ordered about $350.00 worth of stuff from Tacotunes on 9/17/12. I never received any emails after that short of the one from paypal stating that Rob got my $$$ (and no longer gives a hoot about me). I repeatedly emailed and called the company to no avail. All the other gear I ordered from around the country had already arrived at my house, even though I ordered all of that stuff after my TT order. After many many email attempts I finally got one from Rob, he said the order got messed up and he was putting on the truck that same day to ship. Guess what? No email, no tracking number, and two days later I started the whole email war again. When he finally responded he asked if I minded the dual amp kit that I ordered be mix and match parts with two different companies gear. No I didnt mind, but he said HE SHIPPED IT TWO DAYS EARLIER. Then another couple of days go by and I again am asking for a shipping/tracking number, he responded saying that "He thought he replied to me already". NOPE!? So today I am starting what I assume will be a very long process of getting a refund. The sad thing is, I need what I ordered to install my stereo...I guess I'll order the harness/face plate from somewhere else, and go get the amp kits from a local store.
Side note, I am going to be thrilled to stop by and see "Rob" when I am in San Antonio next month...
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #14
Tacopig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerodivla View Post
Hey fabrizio,

Try

Tacotunes@onlineaudiosolutions.com
Robsatx@gmail.com
Sales@tacotunes.com
1-210-374-8873
1-210-374-8874

I had to fill his inbox to get a response, but it worked.
This method seems to work a little faster...thx
Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacopig View Post
This method seems to work a little faster...thx
Glad I could help! I hope this thread stops anyone else from wasting their time and money here too... When you file a dispute for your money back make sure you mention he rarely replys to emails and try to get it escalated right away. It will make the deadline 10 days instead of 45 plus 10.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #16
Tacopig's Tacoma Gallery
Update: after many, MANY emails back and forth, the package should arrive at my house sometime today. Rob from TT gave me a %50 discount that has already been refunded. I would probably order again, but I would go into the order knowing it will be a fight to get it delivered...
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
luckyheights is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
luckyheights's Tacoma Gallery
TACOTUNES = BAD DEAL

I am going through this right now.

Ordered speaker adapter plates for 2010 tacoma over 2 weeks ago. Item still hasn't shipped, no response to numerous phone calls, no response to emails. I installed my new speakers using my own adapters and now in the process of trying to get a refund.

UPDATE: Item arrived today, over two weeks after order, and 3 days after I had given up and installed myself. I closed out paypal claim and am now stuck with $40 worth of stuff I don't even need. If they would just have said its coming, I would have waited. They do not answer the phone, they do not return emails, and the USPS tracking number has said the same thing since day one, item "electronically received" to ship, which when you look it up on USPS website, basically mean the shipper intends to ship but item not physically received by USPS for shipping. FRUSTRATING!!

Do not order unless you have plenty of time to wait and want to feel like your $ went in a black hole. I have not seen such poor customer support in a while, would expect this from a foreign company, not a US one.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
BTSTACO is on a distinguished road
BTSTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I too am going through the samething with these guys.... I ordered speaker adapters and those arrived fast. But then need to order different ones for the tweeters and it has showed shipped for the last two weeks, but nothing has arrived and they don't answer the phone. I got one reply via email that was a copy and past of the tracking i already had.....
Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
johnny1019 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
johnny1019's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the Alpine amp harness kit from them and didn't have any issues with them. However, the kit itself didn't have everything it said it would. Not really an issue since I was able to fab up some of my own stuff, but it really ought to have been as advertised.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
My order shipped and was received quickly (couple of days), however, an email inquiring as to how to make the speaker connections to the stock harness went unanswered.