Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Defined Engineering

Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #41
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
mike said he tried something different than he usually does with my set, but they were the only ones i had seen so i didnt know what he did?
I wouldn't worry about it, if you manage to break those things you have bigger problems.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #42
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Very true. However you have not proved in any way that the way the other fabricator built his design wrong. It does not conform to your logic but your logic is not the only answer to all applications. Nothing to date states that the other design WILL compromise the trucks performance or other aftermarket parts life span.

So far the design has worked perfect for my application and to date nothing adverse has been observed.
The guy who made it and sold it to you said it in the for sale thread. He openly admitted they were not strait. Even Kevin from ATO commented on it.

Simple geometry and physics tell you bushings cocked to one side will wear faster on that side then if the weight is evenly distributed like the bushing was designed for.

Even one of the guys who installed it said his springs were cocked and not strait.

I'm not making this shit up.

I'm glad your happy with your misaligned flip kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I liked what I heard from Mike in his feedback though.

Defined is probably the only other fab house I've seen that puts the attention to detail into their designs that ATO does. I've always been impressed with their work.
wut? I have not heard anything.

I agree with his detail and wish he would make them custom lengths. I'm simply stating this has the same geometry as stock and pairing it with a bolt on ATO shackle flip with whatever springs your running will be hit or miss concerning the proper geometry.

I know how the TW bandwagon rolls so I figured I would comment before everyone drank the cool aid and installed this item thinking it would be perfect.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #43
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If it matches the stock shackles and you are using it to replace the stock shackles ( no flip kit ) what's the problem ?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #44
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If it matches the stock shackles and you are using it to replace the stock shackles ( no flip kit ) what's the problem ?

You asking me Trollholeo?

If so read what I said in my previous posts.

No problem's here. I'm sure yours will work great for you if you ever get off your lazy ass and install them
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #46
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
You asking me Trollholeo?

If so read what I said in my previous posts.

No problem's here. I'm sure yours will work great for you if you ever get off your lazy ass and install them
That's round 2 install coming up soon
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #47
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's round 2 install coming up soon
Are you finally installing the relentless bumper?!?!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #48

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Are you finally installing the relentless bumper?!?!
That , 1/4" Toytec top plate spacers , refurbed LCA's , OME d29xl AAL , Defined greaseable shackles
Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #49
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That , 1/4" Toytec top plate spacers , refurbed LCA's , OME d29xl AAL , Defined greaseable shackles

I do not believe you! You told me you sold the bumper months ago you SOB.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #50

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do not believe you! You told me you sold the bumper months ago you SOB.
I lied
Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I lied

your dead to me
Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #52

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
your dead to me
*you're

*than
Old 08-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #53
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The guy who made it and sold it to you said it in the for sale thread. He openly admitted they were not strait. Even Kevin from ATO commented on it.

Simple geometry and physics tell you bushings cocked to one side will wear faster on that side then if the weight is evenly distributed like the bushing was designed for.

Even one of the guys who installed it said his springs were cocked and not strait.

I'm not making this shit up.

I'm glad your happy with your misaligned flip kit
For anyone interested in complete information regarding this banter refer to this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...p-05-taco.html

Opinions expressed about the bracket in the DE thread do not tell the complete story and may be misleading.

My apologizes for contributing to a bit of off topic responses in this thread.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^ That thread link was already posted , no ?
Yep, already posted.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #56
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #57
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
^^^^ That thread link was already posted , no ?
Might of been. Just closing the circle and trying to bring the thread back on topic.

Go build a house or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yep, already posted.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #58
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent to CoTacoTRD

Not trying to start a war. Just stating simple facts.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #59
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
PM sent to CoTacoTRD

Not trying to start a war. Just stating simple facts.
PM replied. But simple is not all of the facts.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #60
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I love how the PM argument still ends up in here