1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brute Force Fabrications

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Oury, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    Oury

Oury [OP] Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    If you have every dealt with one of the nicest men in the world, it was probably Billy Simmons from Brute Force Fab out in California. If you had a great experience doing business with him. Leave some feed back here so everyone else can see how awesome he is.

My experience:

I contacted Billy after finding his company randomly through google, not on Tacoma World. I found a high interest in his product due to how similar in quality and how fair his prices were. I sent him a few emails about idea's and he was extremely helpful in every way too keep me a loyal customer. I finally called Billy and ordered my first steel plate front bumper. Took him 1 week after calling and it shipped out. It arrived at my house no later than 3 1/2 weeks after I ordered. WOW! now that's some awesome service. Everything was great about my experience with Billy and Brute Force. I am patiently waiting for a rear bumper fund/ everything else fund to spend it all at Billy's new shop. If anyone has any questions or experiences to share about Brute Force Fabrications. Please don't hold back!

Day I installed my bumper:

[​IMG]

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    I have had the pleasure of powder coating a few of his bumpers and they are top notch. And it sounds like his customer service is as well :cool:

3. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    i too have had a great experience with billy...just installed his front bumper last night and soon to do the hc rear.......
    front bumper went on with such ease.....everything lined up just fine..... woot
    bump for a great guy.....

4. Sep 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    Lateralus

Lateralus Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Off Road
    Too many to list..
    I had a GREAT experience dealing with Billy @ Brute Force Fab.

He took the time to answer all my question and concerns. Had him do some special Fab on my bumper and it came out perfect. I would recommend him too anyone looking for any fab work.

The quality and craftsmanship are top notch.

I am saving $$ now for a rear bumper.

Thanks Billy!

5. Sep 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    A+ So far! Got bumper on time.(fastenal gets a C..didn't call when they received it and they had undone the straps and possibly taken it off the pallet billy had it strapped to)

The quality of the bumper...well :p My friend who does welding a bit himself and been a mechanic for 20+ years...says it is machine quality welding! Yet billy did it all himself by hand..it was very impressed!(and wishes he could get one for his tahoe of the same quality :D ) Called billy when I was about to test mount it..gave me some very good tips and info. Overall..Billy is just as awesome as the beautiful bumpers he welds.

:thumbsup:

6. Sep 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Agreed with everyone. Only thing I could possibly say negative was about fastenal. Billy is a stand up vendor.

7. Sep 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    I haven't purchased anything....yet. But BIlly and I have spent a lot of hours planning my order. Stand up guy, nothing but good things to say about him. He is overdue to become an official vendor on here.

8. Sep 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Billy is the real deal. My rear bumper practically went on the truck with a better fit than the stock bumper. He's responsive and had been a man of his word from my experiences.

9. Sep 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    i was one of his first customers before he had even started his website...i have been pounding on his rear bumper and sliders for over 1.5yrs now and they still look new (after a fresh coat of bedliner ).....ive pivoted off,around,up and down on them on some very rocky trails mostly at the famous raush creek offroad park ...im still 100% satisfied with his quility of work and how outstanding he is to deal with...if he says itll be there in a week it is...he is also willing to build,modify,adjust his products to your needs,liking...cant ask for better service then billy...next year he will be building me a HC rear and custom hybrid front :)

10. Sep 18, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    Just bought his hybrid bumper and it looks amazing! Billy is a stand up guy, can't wait to order more stuff from him!

11. Mar 4, 2013 at 2:33 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Brute Force Bump!

WHY U NO MAKE THIS FELLA A VENDOR BOB????!!!!!!!

Had Billy start on one of his Rear Plate Bumpers for me last week. Deposit was made last monday night.

Been great so far. Called me the day after I contacted him through his website to discuss bumper options/pricing/shipping. He was also prompt in returning my call letting him know I had gotten the deposit taken care of.

Looking forward to a sweet bumper!!!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. Mar 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Just saw this thread. I just finished installing both front and rear bumpers from Billy. They installed easily.
    Took about a week shipping thru Fastenal. For me this was the cheapest shipping out of other fabricators.
    I don't know why he's not an official vendor.
    I would do business with him again.

13. Mar 4, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    i would love a hybrid bumper :drool:

14. Apr 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    423 TACO

423 TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Knox-ish, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM Sport 6sp AC
    Billy set up a group buy on his sliders for our crew up here in AK, and they turned out awesome! I haven't dealt with him a whole lot as another member set most of it up, but the few pm's I have exchanged with him were responded to promptly. Patiently awaiting him to come out with a 1st gen rear and he will be getting more of my money for sure!

15. Apr 3, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    I ordered a hybrid bumper from Billy a few weeks ago. Literally two days later I had an email telling me it was finished and ready to ship. Unfortunately I'm stuck overseas for another week so I couldn't have him ship it quite yet, but he has been helpful with all my questions and had no problem taking up storage space for the bumper until I'm ready to ship. Can't really argue with the prices either, it was a couple hundred cheaper than I was expecting.

Just so you guys don't start asking why you can't have a two day turn around on an order, the reason why I had mine ready in two days was because Billy accidentally made one too many bumpers for another order so he hooked me up with it.

So I don't have my bumper yet, but every experience so far has been top notch.

16. Apr 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    What a bumper!!

[​IMG]

Fit and finish are amazing. Took less than 5 minutes to install the bumper with help from a buddy.

Billy seriously needs to be added to the vendor section.

17. Apr 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    billy is a great guy ive been smashing his rear bumper and rock sliders for almost 2yrs with ZERO problems !!!!! he delivers on time and is very honest and upfront....and he likes custom stuff so if you have some ideas or changes shoot him a message ......top notch service and parts from a stand up guy ;)

18. Apr 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    Oury

Oury [OP] Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    Billy is the shit!!!!!!

19. Apr 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM