Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

4wheelparts

Old 09-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
keisersoze is on a distinguished road
keisersoze's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts

I placed an order with 4 wheels parts online for 2200 dollars worth of rims and tires. After 4 weeks of waiting I noticed they had already charged my card so I called them and they assured me the rims and tires were going to their Texas outlet to be mounted and balanced and would be shipped out right away. I waited another 2 weeks and they said the same crap. Finally I waited a couple of days to phone again and I got Oh sorry it's going to be 45 to 60 days now. I promptly told them where to stick the rims and tires and cancelled the order. The crappy part is now I will be out a few bucks because I'm Canadian and when they cancel the order I will lose out on the exchange rate when they credit my card, so their lies will cost me about 50 bucks, which is no big deal but still they could have come clean with me right off the bat. After dealing with a lot of the vendors here on the forums and having an awesome experience these guys suck balls.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
While I have never had any first hand experience with 4 Wheel Parts, the majority of the posts about them that I have seen are usually negative. It is sorry what they did to you with all of their misinformation. Hopefully others will see this and just keep moving when they see the 4 Wheel Parts name.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
I placed an order with 4 wheels parts online for 2200 dollars worth of rims and tires. After 4 weeks of waiting I noticed they had already charged my card so I called them and they assured me the rims and tires were going to their Texas outlet to be mounted and balanced and would be shipped out right away. I waited another 2 weeks and they said the same crap. Finally I waited a couple of days to phone again and I got Oh sorry it's going to be 45 to 60 days now. I promptly told them where to stick the rims and tires and cancelled the order. The crappy part is now I will be out a few bucks because I'm Canadian and when they cancel the order I will lose out on the exchange rate when they credit my card, so their lies will cost me about 50 bucks, which is no big deal but still they could have come clean with me right off the bat. After dealing with a lot of the vendors here on the forums and having an awesome experience these guys suck balls.
Call your credit card company and fight it. They will make it right.

4wp is the worst vendor. google 4wp issues/problems and thousands of issues will pop up
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I've never really heard anything positive about 4 wheel parts. Even though they have a shop here I still tend to just order from venders that have recieved positive feedback from members on here. Sucks they gave you the run around like that, especially on a big purchase such as that.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
That's the usual from them.

They are known as the off road Walmart for a reason.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Customer service sucks. Although they do answer promptly.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping to get refunded for wheels that I bought, then returned to them. It's a long story, and I'm in the middle of the whole process, but somehow I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Tenax is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Tenax's Tacoma Gallery
To add another nail, I ordered rims, tires, nuts, caps from 4wp. I should have done more research on the company, agreed. Anyway, I got the order from Montana shipping outlet, was well packed but as I had to drive home, didn't take the shipping bag apart. I could see a cardboard box at the bottom so I figured caps and bolts were in there. When I got home I found:

Bolts were sitting loose in bag. Box was empty.
No caps
2 rims have small to metal scratches through powdercoat (black wheels)

I highly doubt worth my time to try to get any compensation for scratches. I'll just touch up and move on.

But I do want my caps at no charge. Was told last Monday they would ship that day. I called this morning and the order has just been printed to be filled this morning.

Customer service must put up with a lot of grief cause the sales person takes no after sales responsibility.

I plan to buy a Lift kit soon. Too bad it won't be from 4wp.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
Customer service sucks. Although they do answer promptly.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping to get refunded for wheels that I bought, then returned to them. It's a long story, and I'm in the middle of the whole process, but somehow I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed.

To follow up - they did refund me the full amount minus shipping for the wheels (shipping was 19.99 - promo price). So I'm pleased.

Their customer service could benefit from learning how to be more polite though. They acted annoyed that I wanted them to do their job.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
From my experience with them there ok for anything instore, anything ordered forget about it. They have given me wrong parts before requiring more then the one necessary trip to get/return.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
wudditdewidit is on a distinguished road
wudditdewidit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
From my experience with them there ok for anything instore, anything ordered forget about it. They have given me wrong parts before requiring more then the one necessary trip to get/return.
I have had the exact opposite experience. I am planning on ordering my wheels and tires online from them to pick up in the store. I'm a little nervous reading the bad reviews but its the best price. Still I went into 4wp thinking they'd have info and be able to help. Admittedly they did help in figuring out that a pro comp wheel I was looking at would hit the caliper. But I left with a quote for some black rock wheels. When I came home I whipped up on online order and it was 200 cheaper than if I had bought it in the store. They tacked on charges for valve stems, a $20 fuel surcharge?, and some other stuff I don't even know. Additionally I went into the store to buy a tonneuo cover last spring. I found a trifecta I ordered it, when it came it was a smittybuilt. Admittedly it was a decent cover, but I went into the store to specifically see and buy the guy ordered whatever the hell he felt like ordering for me. They also told me 100 to mount balance and install wheels and tires, but when I said I was gonna call my mechanic it dropped to 60. and if you order online the price to mount and balance is 50. wtf 4wp!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudditdewidit View Post
I have had the exact opposite experience. I am planning on ordering my wheels and tires online from them to pick up in the store. I'm a little nervous reading the bad reviews but its the best price. Still I went into 4wp thinking they'd have info and be able to help. Admittedly they did help in figuring out that a pro comp wheel I was looking at would hit the caliper. But I left with a quote for some black rock wheels. When I came home I whipped up on online order and it was 200 cheaper than if I had bought it in the store. They tacked on charges for valve stems, a $20 fuel surcharge?, and some other stuff I don't even know. Additionally I went into the store to buy a tonneuo cover last spring. I found a trifecta I ordered it, when it came it was a smittybuilt. Admittedly it was a decent cover, but I went into the store to specifically see and buy the guy ordered whatever the hell he felt like ordering for me. They also told me 100 to mount balance and install wheels and tires, but when I said I was gonna call my mechanic it dropped to 60. and if you order online the price to mount and balance is 50. wtf 4wp!!
I'm telling you man they can be ok but most times they go
Old 11-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I thought 4wheelparts was legit. Changes my mind about ordering from there ever. I'll let me father know to avoid them too. He was planning an order.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
wudditdewidit is on a distinguished road
wudditdewidit's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still going to try to buy wheels and tires online and pick em up at the store. We'll see. All the reviews online seem good so its odd that theres a sorta consensus here that they suck. I want for them to be sweet, they've got a huge inventory online thats for sure. If I can get my wheels and tires I'll be happy.