Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Relentless Fab.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
TXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the rough
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctilander View Post
Has the bumper not lining up properly been addresses with the manufacturer?
If so, has it been rectified? I was seriously considering this bumper and now I need to really reconsider. Thank you
No, I don't think it's a good idea considering how everything panned out. I don't find any sense in attempting to argue or get any more worked up about the situation. Hopefully on my next days off I'll mess with it a bit more. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I waited a LOONG time for my rear high clearance and was told it was shipped, didnt come for another month I called Fasental and they couldnt find anything then after I figured everything out I got the bumper and saw the date it was shipped, and it was 2 weeks after the day I was told

Part 2 I get the bumper it is solid and what I asked but its too wide, it sticks out about 3/4 of an inch wider than the bed rather than being flush. Like the pictures of everyone else's. had a fitment issue with a bed bar I got from him aswell, and had to get longer bolts because the ones he gave didn't even reach the T bolts. the bar didnt come close to touching the rails I have moved on from this builder and hopefully he is able to correct the problems so others dont have the same issues I did.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #23
TXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the rough
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
I waited a LOONG time for my rear high clearance and was told it was shipped, didnt come for another month I called Fasental and they couldnt find anything then after I figured everything out I got the bumper and saw the date it was shipped, and it was 2 weeks after the day I was told

Part 2 I get the bumper it is solid and what I asked but its too wide, it sticks out about 3/4 of an inch wider than the bed rather than being flush. Like the pictures of everyone else's. had a fitment issue with a bed bar I got from him aswell, and had to get longer bolts because the ones he gave didn't even reach the T bolts. the bar didnt come close to touching the rails I have moved on from this builder and hopefully he is able to correct the problems so others dont have the same issues I did.
It sucks that you had that experience with Relentless. For his own sake I would of thought he would of addressed his customer service issues or lack of. I guess he still lying to customers though and for that reason I will not order from him again.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #24
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Geez.... you'd think after that they'd give you a full refund and let you keep the bumpers. That's definitely what they SHOULD do after what they put you through...
Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #25
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why don't you contact Eric, the bed bars are built to a certain measurement. He's built a lot of them and to my knowledge never had any issues. He built a few off my truck early on.

Measure them and check against what he has on file, after you give him a call. I'm sure he'll help you out -- if you call...

As per the bumper, I don't know what you're even saying... 3/4" too wide? On both sides? Bumpers are made around CNC cut plates and then made to specific measurements, theres a little room for error but not too much.

Sucks about the fastenal BS.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #26
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

My front bumper and sliders will be Pelfreybilt.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Why don't you contact Eric, the bed bars are built to a certain measurement. He's built a lot of them and to my knowledge never had any issues. He built a few off my truck early on.

Measure them and check against what he has on file, after you give him a call. I'm sure he'll help you out -- if you call...

As per the bumper, I don't know what you're even saying... 3/4" too wide? On both sides? Bumpers are made around CNC cut plates and then made to specific measurements, theres a little room for error but not too much.

Sucks about the fastenal BS.
I actually did Contact him about the bed bar which was ordered a few months before the bumper. He said he hasnt had that problem ever and for ME to BUY LONGER BOLTS and see if it would work that way. I didnt even contact him for the bumper because I knew nothing would come of it.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #28
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sucks it's not spot on but could be your bed... like I said they're built to a certain length to give a little wiggle room, but if they fit in between the rails and there isn't a huge gap and the top sits on the rails, meh. The bolts he ships it with are pretty damn short anyway IIRC.

You didn't really answer my bumper questions but okay.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #29

My bad if the 3/4 threw anyone off but here is what im talking bout.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't that supposed to look that way?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #31

Forgot my exhaust vibrates against my exhaust skid plate so ill have to get that rerouted DAMMIT.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #32

drop the skid plate down farther, and then space it with washers at the legs if you have to...
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #33

Already done kind sir damn thing vibrates more than I thought.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #34

fair enough
Old 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #35

HAHA Im open to any ideas other than reroute but I think thats my only option for the fix so any ideas are much appreciated.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #36

Slot out the holes a little more if need be.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #37

Ill look at it again its not a bad idea, I think it might be more of the front to back movement rather than up and down.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #38
jc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Veteran Submariner MM2(SS) (Nuclear Machinist's Mate/Engineering Laboratory Technician)
Name: Jason
jc1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't don't care enough about it to elaborate on my situation, but I just wanted a product that fit properly and was just given some b.s. that it is not supposed to fit properly.

I have moved on from this vendor as well. I wish I stumbled upon this thread and read the posts before ordering.

Money wasted and lesson learned.