Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Relentless Fab.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
TXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the rough
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless Fab.

I thought I would share my experience with Relentless Fab. In no way am I trying to discourage anyone from buying his products just trying to inform future or potential customers who are on the fence about his products.

02/23/2012-Ordered a front aluminum bumper with full top tubing and a rear plated bumper with recessed lights and a hidden hitch. I was quoted 4 months but after reading up on TW I expected it to be more like 6 due to most experiences.

07/2012-About five months after placing the order I called Eric and was told it would probably be another couple of weeks.

12/12/2012- Finally received a call from Eric saying that the bumpers were ready and would be shipped out on 12/15. He also collected the remaining amount of the bumpers.

01/10/2013-Well after almost a month no bumpers. I tried contacting Eric several times and even left him messages with no luck. I decided to call Fastenal in Sparks, NV which is the hub he ships from. I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who said the only bumpers shipped out on the 15th went to California. He said "Eric probably got confused and shipped them to the wrong location. I will contact Eric and try to get it sorted out".

01/14/2013-I receive a call from Eric saying that Fastenal screwed up and shipped them to the wrong hub. I ask him when are they to be delivered to which he says he does not know. So right after speaking to Eric I call Fastenal and speak to the same gentleman to try to get an ETA on delivery and track them. He says "Eric didn't tell you? He never dropped them off for shipping but he said he would drop them off this week." I then told the gentleman the BS Eric gave me, he seemed pretty upset about it.

01/19/2013-Call Eric and tell him that I was told the bumpers were never dropped off. He said that he dropped them off on then 18th.

02/02/2013-Finally receive a call from the local Fastenal that the bumpers were delivered.

Let me say I consider myself a pretty patient and easy going person but this whole situation had me very upset. I understand he is pretty backed up but that is no excuse when I was quoted 4 month lead time and ended up waiting almost a year. Also lying to customers and blaming it on someone else is no way to conduct business.

The end product was pretty good and for the most part I am happy with them. The rear bumper was spot on. The front bumper didn't line up so well on the drivers side. It sits pretty close to the fender not leaving much room for flex. It seems like others have the same problem with the aluminum bumpers. I haven't contacted Eric about the fitment issue nor do I plan to. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me considering how I feel about the whole situation at this point.

Attached Thumbnails
Relentless Fab.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361403786.156724.jpg   Relentless Fab.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361403796.751550.jpg   Relentless Fab.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361403808.546091.jpg   Relentless Fab.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361404541.996977.jpg   Relentless Fab.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361404564.071286.jpg  

Relentless Fab.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361404576.618568.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
That sounds like a shitty situation. It's a shame it went down that way. On the bright side your bumpers look awesome and you are lucky to have both of them. Many people had the same type of issues with the aluminum ones. Aluminum flexes and deforms way more than steel does when getting welded. I hate welding aluminum. But it looks like it fits great in the pictures.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
TXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the roughTXED is a jewel in the rough
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
That sounds like a shitty situation. It's a shame it went down that way. On the bright side your bumpers look awesome and you are lucky to have both of them. Many people had the same type of issues with the aluminum ones. Aluminum flexes and deforms way more than steel does when getting welded. I hate welding aluminum. But it looks like it fits great in the pictures.
Thanks. I need to take close ups of the ends where the bumper and the fenders meet.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the update, 1 year is a long wait. Your truck does look amazing tho
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The front looks like it could use a bit more clearance for flex , you may want to shim it down a bit
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
thanks for the update, 1 year is a long wait. Your truck does look amazing tho
No problem. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The front looks like it could use a bit more clearance for flex , you may want to shim it down a bit
Yeah, I tried bringing it down a bit when I originally put it on but was running out of time. On my next days off I'm going to try and adjust it a bit.

How many shims did you have to use on your just out of curiosity? IIRC I have four on each side.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
DARMS is on a distinguished road

Army: Ret
DARMS's Tacoma Gallery
Brother, I've got much empathy for you! On 11 January I ordered a simple light bar for my Taco from N-Fab. Didn't get it a week later 18 Jan and called and spoke with Lance. He told me it would "return from powder coating tomorrow and will ship it right away". 25 January called again and spoke with Lance again who said "It will return from powder coating tomorrow and I'll get it right out" on 1 February, I called and spoke with Lance who told me "it's scheduled to return from powder-coating today and I'll get it to you right away". On 7 February I called Lance at N-Fab who tole me "the light bar is scheduled to return from powder-coating today and I'll get it out in the morning". So on 15 February I called and spoke with Lance at N-Fab who said "the light bar is scheduled to return from powder coating today and I'll get it out this evening". On 18 February, I called to get a tracking number and low and behold, the light bar had not returned from powder coating. I send Lance an email to cancel the order.

This leads me to believe N-Fab sucks. There is simply NO EXCUSE for Lance to not tell me the truth and no reasonable person would ever believe the light bar would take 6 weeks to powder coat.

My intuition tells me N-Fab uses Chinese factories to make their products and they don't have a good idea about the delivery times.

I'm sick and tired of ordering something simple off a web-site that says "in stock" only to experience crap like this.

So WTF.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARMS View Post
Brother, I've got much empathy for you! On 11 January I ordered a simple light bar for my Taco from N-Fab. Didn't get it a week later 18 Jan and called and spoke with Lance. He told me it would "return from powder coating tomorrow and will ship it right away". 25 January called again and spoke with Lance again who said "It will return from powder coating tomorrow and I'll get it right out" on 1 February, I called and spoke with Lance who told me "it's scheduled to return from powder-coating today and I'll get it to you right away". On 7 February I called Lance at N-Fab who tole me "the light bar is scheduled to return from powder-coating today and I'll get it out in the morning". So on 15 February I called and spoke with Lance at N-Fab who said "the light bar is scheduled to return from powder coating today and I'll get it out this evening". On 18 February, I called to get a tracking number and low and behold, the light bar had not returned from powder coating. I send Lance an email to cancel the order.

This leads me to believe N-Fab sucks. There is simply NO EXCUSE for Lance to not tell me the truth and no reasonable person would ever believe the light bar would take 6 weeks to powder coat.

My intuition tells me N-Fab uses Chinese factories to make their products and they don't have a good idea about the delivery times.

I'm sick and tired of ordering something simple off a web-site that says "in stock" only to experience crap like this.

So WTF.
I hear you man! It really sucks to deal with companies/people who operate this way. Although there are still companies/people who are really upfront and about the customers need and concerns. For example I've been dealing with Mr. Marv about ordering some things from him and I must say he is really such a stand up guy. He really sets the bar very high for customer service.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the world of Fastenal..they should rename to Crapanal. Haha..
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Your a patient man! But... the bumper look awesome on your truck!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Welcome to the world of Fastenal..they should rename to Crapanal. Haha..
Well it wasn't really their fault other than the usual longer than normal shipping times. Eric had told me that they screwed up and shipped them to the wrong place when in fact he hadn't dropped them off for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drade View Post
Truck looks pretty good. I would of never waited a year for those two bumpers, ever, but I have little patience. Sorry to hear about your experience, I will keep this in mind when I get my front bumper made in the spring, I will pick and choose wisely!
Initially i didnt think i would of had to. I did try to cancel them mid way but he still wanted to charge me the the 20% cancelation fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Your a patient man! But... the bumper look awesome on your truck!
Thanks!!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #13
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have custom options added on your bumper? You wouldn't think there'd be cancelation fee considering how many are in line for bumpers.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXED View Post
No problem. Thanks!

Yeah, I tried bringing it down a bit when I originally put it on but was running out of time. On my next days off I'm going to try and adjust it a bit.

How many shims did you have to use on your just out of curiosity? IIRC I have four on each side.
lol Oz's bumper is still sitting in his garage
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
Quote:
sumbitches
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
Did you have custom options added on your bumper? You wouldn't think there'd be cancelation fee considering how many are in line for bumpers.
Not anything out of the ordinary. I'm pretty sure he hadn't even started on my bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
lol Oz's bumper is still sitting in his garage
Quote:
sumbitches
If I were closer I'd help you out! Good luck on getting them on.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
That is just inexcuseable. I would never treat one of my customers like that. Most of the time people are fine with a little longer of a wait if you just tell them the truth. I've had to extend a couple jobs due to complications with paint or film. Craziness if you ask me. Glad you finally got your stuff. The bumpers look awesome.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
TXED's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I had the same issues with my front not lining up and being to close to the fenders on the drivers side and I got the steel bumpers. I ended up shimming with a few washers on the mounts and pushed it forward a bit. Also I waited close to a year too. His build times are def but in the end they look badass
When I get a chance I'm going tot try and realign the bumper. Hopefully I can get it in a better position. I agree, I really like his products. To bad I won't be ordering from him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
That is just inexcuseable. I would never treat one of my customers like that. Most of the time people are fine with a little longer of a wait if you just tell them the truth. I've had to extend a couple jobs due to complications with paint or film. Craziness if you ask me. Glad you finally got your stuff. The bumpers look awesome.
Thanks!! I would of been completely fine with the wait if he would of been upfront with me from the beginning. I was in no rush. I get that its an estimated time and at times it may take a little longer. I just dont understand how 4 months turned into a year. By lying to me and telling me "a couple more weeks" or "I'll ship them out this weekend" really messed up my plans. . My time these days seems very limited.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
Still a NOOB, bear with me...
ctilander is on a distinguished road
Marines: MCIWEST
Name: Carl
ctilander's Tacoma Gallery
Has the bumper not lining up properly been addresses with the manufacturer?
If so, has it been rectified? I was seriously considering this bumper and now I need to really reconsider. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXED View Post
When I get a chance I'm going tot try and realign the bumper. Hopefully I can get it in a better position. I agree, I really like his products. To bad I won't be ordering from him again.

Thanks!! I would of been completely fine with the wait if he would of been upfront with me from the beginning. I was in no rush. I get that its an estimated time and at times it may take a little longer. I just dont understand how 4 months turned into a year. By lying to me and telling me "a couple more weeks" or "I'll ship them out this weekend" really messed up my plans. . My time these days seems very limited.