1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trdparts4u.com and toyotaofdallas.com

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Brentmeister, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Mar 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    Brentmeister

Brentmeister [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Dallas
    So this is a good and bad review...

First the good; trdparts4u.com has some great prices of official toyota parts and accessories. The prices are roughly 20% less than what I get at the dealership where my buddy is the GM. They are located here in Dallas (West Side) based at a dealership. When I have a few things on my shopping list and happen to be in the area, I will swing by and pick up the items to save on shipping. It's been good until today.

I went to the parts counter at Toyota of Dallas-[ toyotaofdallas.com ]. I waited at least 10 minutes for the one guy working to get off the phone (part business/part social) - which is no big deal. Then he looks at me and asks "What do you need?"- Usually I get the "can I help you" or "what can I do for you bud"- but this guy just didn't seem happy to see me and it went down hill from there. I politely showed him a printout from trdparts4u.com in which the product was $84 and he said "the price here is $109 pal, that's an internet deal your looking at"- I pulled the paper back and looked at it and he said "if your looking for internet only, it doesn't say it - so I guess I'll give it to ya for $84" - I was polite and ultimately got what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay - but this guy was a real tool.

Afterwards I went over and talked to the internet sales people/trdparts4u people and they were very nice. They apologized over and over and told me if I ever wanted anything to just call them and they would arrange it for local pick-up to avoid the grumpster at the parts counter.

Bottom line: trdparts4U.com are good people who have great prices and are very nice. Toyota of Dallas parts counter - very poor customer service and choppy attitude. I understand the arrangement now - had now idea the two units were totally seperate as it isn't stated anywhere on the website. Handled poorly and has left a bad taste in my mouth about this dealership. I've bought parts on several occasions from this establishment and it didn't become a problem until today...:crazy:

2. Jan 29, 2019 at 8:25 PM
    steve2267

steve2267 Small Mammal Fire Support Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab Tacoma 3.4L 4WD/TRD
  3. Aug 4, 2019 at 12:04 PM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    Thread revival . . . their current site is now https://www.trdparts.com. It appears that they offer free shipping on orders over $100.

BeLance89 likes this.
To Top