Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

TRS - What's the deal? - Electrical Fire

Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
TRS - What's the deal? - Electrical Fire

TRS has a pretty high recommendation among the community, and I would still recommend TRS to any of my friends, however I wanted to put this out there. I have PMed Andrew at TRS and he has chosen to ignore my PM so that sort of frustrates me.

The power supplies that TRS uses with their CCFL halo kits is a big weak point. I've had two fail on me and the most recent one caused a small electrical fire. If I hadn't pulled over when I did, well, I won't speculate, I'll just say I'm glad I pulled over when I did.

To TRS: I'm looking for you guys to take some accountability here and do right by your customer.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Call them. PM's usually took Andrew at least a few days to respond to (he even put in his signature to either e-mail him or call because he doesn't check his PM's).
Old 03-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Call them. PM's usually took Andrew at least a few days to respond to (he even put in his signature to either e-mail him or call because he doesn't check his PM's).
His last activity was on the 27th. I sent my PM on the 22nd. He's had plenty of time to respond. I can call, but it's not like he didn't know he got a PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
TRS is all over the internet, not just in these forums. ad Pugga said, call them. their customer service is incredible, i've been shopping with them almost since they opened.
as for your electrical fire issue.. that point you showed a pic of isn't a design flaw in their end from what i can tell. those connectors got water in them - looks like they weren't properly sealed.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
His last activity was on the 27th. I sent my PM on the 22nd. He's had plenty of time to respond. I can call, but it's not like he didn't know he got a PM.
I don't disagree with you but I had an issue with my kit and tried the same route, PMs. He never responded but I called and had new parts shipped out immediately.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
TRS is all over the internet, not just in these forums. ad Pugga said, call them. their customer service is incredible, i've been shopping with them almost since they opened.
as for your electrical fire issue.. that point you showed a pic of isn't a design flaw in their end from what i can tell. those connectors got water in them - looks like they weren't properly sealed.
I did not heat shrink or put any electrical tape around the connection. However, I haven't gone through any water in a long time, and even when I did it hasn't been to the headlights. If that's the reason why they failed then I'm happy to take responsibility, but this is the second power supply that has failed on me. When this one failed it scared me a little bit when I saw smoke coming from my engine bay.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I don't disagree with you but I had an issue with my kit and tried the same route, PMs. He never responded but I called and had new parts shipped out immediately.
Sweet will do. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man thats what it looks like. I did a retro for a customer and he wanted to installed his angel eyes himself and thy did the same exact thing after a few months. Water from rain and puddles just sit in it. After a while corrosion takes place and then it all fail. Glad nothing else happened though, sure would have scared the piss out of me lol
Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I have PMed Andrew at TRS and he has chosen to ignore my PM so that sort of frustrates me.
Andrew has stated a number of times that they do not check PMs due to the high volume.

Send them an email from their site, or call them and they will handle the situation.

I PM'd Andrew with photos of my retrofit and they were not responded to.
I emailed the same thing and they responded within 6 hours.