1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues's with "TRS" products and shipping department !

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by KJaikaran, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Apr 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    So, it seems like ever since I decided to do a retro I opened up a huge can of worms. I got tired of the cheap quality HID kits that were made in china that would die after a month or so, or having to deal with flickering lights. I decided to pull the trigger on one of the group buys from TRS earlier this year and went with the DS2 projectors.

Issues i ran into in chronological order:

1: Never received the ballast and o-rings. Contacted TRS and Matt took care of me. He got the ballast sent out, but never received the o-rings. Not a big deal i made my own. I had another major issue with my initial order that i will add later.

2: I broke one of the tabs on DS2 bulb. Contacted TRS they set me up with a discount. With the discount i upgraded to their 55watt bulbs and 55 watt ballast for the DS2 projector. Also ordered an extension amp connector for the fog light ballast and new 35watt bulbs for fogs.

3: Received the new ballast and bulbs, but they sent me the DS2 bulbs with a AMP ballast. They were not compatible without an adapter. Contacted TRS and they gave me discount on the adapter.

4: Installed the 55 watt bulbs and ballast once i got the adapter. With the brighter light output it made a big difference, but i started noticing how high and bright the light was aiming to the left. Tried adjusting it and nothing really helped. Did some research and found out I had RHD projectors when really i was supposed to have LHD projectors. Didn't have an option of choosing this through the group buy. Difference: RHD projectors are for vehicles that are over sea's that drive on the other side of the rd, LHD projectors are for vehicles in the U.S. Its so you don't blind oncoming traffic. I never knew about this before since this is my first retro, and who would really think they would send you projectors for over sea's. I though it had to do with the alignment of the lights, and i even have past post on headlight alignment, because that's what i thought it was. Contacted TRS and they are sending me out new cutoff shields. So i have to open up the headlights again and swap out the shields.

5: Now that i have the 55 watt bulbs/ballast i moved the 35 watt ballast to the fog lights and installed new bulbs. The ballast were working perfectly while they were up top, but now that i moved them to the fog light one has stopped working out of no where. I think i covered all the trouble shooting and i think its just the ballast has gone bad.
    1: Moved the ballast to the other side that was working and plugged it into the harness and bulb and still nothing.
    2: Took the good ballast and plugged it into the the side that was not working and it worked.
    3: Took both ballast hooked it up directly to battery to see if maybe it was not getting enough power through the harness and the same good one came on and the other didnt.
    4: Contacted TRS again.Officially sick of this shit. Maybe i will go back to the good old halogens.

I always hear such good things about TRS, but i think this is the worst experience i have ever had with a company. I used the excuse that mistakes happen the first time, but that excuse is no longer cutting it. They never left me hanging and they have always help me get the issue resolved, but you can only take so much of it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. Apr 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    What projectors did you order? D2S refers to the bulb type.

3. Apr 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI D2S 2.0 (taken straight off their website)

4. Apr 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    Zach took care of me at TRS. He is getting me another ballast sent out under warranty. They do have great customer service, but i really hope i don't have anymore issues.

5. May 6, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    TRSAndrew

TRSAndrew Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    22 T4R Sport 6V7
    You won't have any more issues. If you have any concerns, however, my email is andrew@theretrofitsource.com.

Sorry for any troubles in the first place!

To Top