1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dependable Offroad - STEER CLEAR!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by tamaletrokita, May 8, 2013.

1. May 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    tamaletrokita

tamaletrokita [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Late September 2012 after getting in an accident on the freeway I dropped off my tacoma at dependable offroad to have a one piece installed and a tie rod replaced. Steve seemed extremely nice and enthusiastic about taking on the project. Now i understand fiberglass is not easy to work with, but what I got back from dependable was a hackjob. I didnt expect the one piece to line up perfectly but Steve assured me he was going to slice up the engine bay and build a subframe to accommodate the one piece clip. Also he promised me the clip would come with louvers but no louvers were installed on my hood. his excuse was "Fiberwerx didnt feel like putting them on". The clip was bolted onto the stock locations and requires me to unscrew a few nuts and bolts before actually unlatching and removing the clip. Even before all this it took them 4 months to get my truck back. I never called more than twice a week just to check in on the progress and it was always the same story "ill call you back". But never got a call back. 4 months later i walked in and picked up my truck, I couldnt handle being a pedestrian anymore. a few weeks after i pick it up while on the freeway i feel a loud rattling on the drivers side tire so i pulled over. 2 of the studs had broken off, after they installed my tie rod no one seemed to have torqued down the lugs correctly. Now ive been trying to get ahold of them because steve had also said he was going to have my one piece painted but not i need to cough up 400 more dollars on top of the 500 left in our budget. I dont believe it costs 900 to paint a hood flat black. I gave up on the idea of having my hood painted and simply asked him if he could order me some louvers for the hood and the bedsides which only run around 200 for all of them combined, and if i can pick up my old hood and fenders from them and no response. Call after call, email after email, i feel swindled and robbed for a crappy job. I cant even call if a "Fabrication job" because my fucking hood is held on with what looks to be brake line extenders.

Does anyone have any advice on what i should do? Steve is a nice guy, its hard to be upset but this is ridiculous.

2. May 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    is your truck white?? i think i saw it at there shop a long time ago.

dont let them get away with this BS.

3. May 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    tamaletrokita

tamaletrokita [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    probably.

it sat there for 4 months.

Still no answer, Its time I just pay them a visit and get things straightened out. I honestly dont believe I am asking for much from them

4. May 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    Dude that sucks. I hate hearing about bad customer service from small business shops. I could help ya out with the paint if you still want that done. I would go to the shop and get it handled.

5. May 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
    Damn I hate hearing stuff like this.

6. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    1998tacoma4x4

1998tacoma4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma 4x4 3.4L Auto
    Deaver j59 pack 2.5 SAW coilovers, rear bilstein 5100's. Extened stainless rear brake line, deck plate mod, drop in K&N filter, Kenwood headunit & pioneer speakers, SnugTop Shell.
    Agreed on steering clear of this shop! I brought in my truck for an inner cv boot job and it took almost a week and cost an arm and a leg. Steve seemed nice enough in the beginning but that guy's a piece of work. No call backs, no updates on the status. Frustrating to say the least

To Top