Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Eddie209 Soft top/bed rack - BIG THUMBS UP!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
bmrboz is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
Then wouldn't a wider rail (flat bar) work? I can think of a few ways to do it. A couple of small "tabs" to clamp onto would work too i think.
X2
Old 06-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #22
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
Keep us posted

Do you have any finished pictures of it installed on your truck?

I do, I'll post some.

The alignment flat rails messed with me a bit too, but I got over it. How picky can you be with the understanding this isnt from a muti-million dollar shop/R&D?
Not bad at all for a first run of a product, after many versions (I know guys that bought the first AllPOO) and have switched to other products, for the price and double feature, hands down one of the better ones I've seen for the price.
I just need some tweaks on my fabric but nothing much.

Not bad for a guy in a small garage still in school! hell I was still goofing off at his age...

I just had some Rotopax mounted today to the rack and working on some custom addons.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

These I took right as it was pouring, so I'll get some pro quality photos and review once I have some time.
This height is the only one made at 17 & 1/2.
All Pro does 17" from what I remember.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #24
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbraunphoto View Post
I do, I'll post some.

The alignment flat rails messed with me a bit too, but I got over it. How picky can you be with the understanding this isnt from a muti-million dollar shop/R&D?
Not bad at all for a first run of a product, after many versions (I know guys that bought the first AllPOO) and have switched to other products, for the price and double feature, hands down one of the better ones I've seen for the price.

Not bad for a guy in a small garage still in school! hell I was still goofing off at his age...

I just had some Rotopax mounted today to the rack and working on some custom addons.
Exactly.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #25
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
Large successful operations did not get to where they are at without feedback from customers. I do however agree that he is making a extremely well built product and that at his age is pretty amazing.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #26
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbraunphoto View Post
I do, I'll post some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrboz View Post
Large successful operations did not get to where they are at without feedback from customers. I do however agree that he is making a extremely well built product and that at his age is pretty amazing.

Very well said guys!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #27
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Notice the difference?
Guess nobody noticed:/ THERE'S NO HOLES!! Mine doesn't use the cord. It has been replaced with L shape sides at the bed rail and Velcro. Different from the rest, works great and Clean Looking.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #28
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Guess nobody noticed:/ THERE'S NO HOLES!! Mine doesn't use the cord. It has been replaced with L shape sides at the bed rail and Velcro. Different from the rest, works great and Clean Looking.
I didn't notice at all. But it looks really clean! Are you happy with it so far? Can you post a picture showing the L brackets with velcro.

Don't forget to keep your windows rolled up after you first take off after the truck sitting in the rain.

Water can pool up on the top and when you stop, it all rolls forward! Totally soaked my arm and leg. Haha
Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #29
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
So far I like it with a few exceptions. For some reason the velcro at the cab that prevents the frantic tapping on the window has had some issues. It has come loose pulling the adhesive side off the truck more than once at highway speeds. I replaced the adhesive side yesterday. Time will tell. I think that velcro needs to go along that whole strip not one small piece in the middle. I also think that the same thing needs to happen on the rear window. Velcro is your friend with this soft top. The rear flaps too. Even though I can't hear it, flapping against the tailgate will eventually wear out or through the fabric. Worse than that I am worried about the paint after being beaten by the canvas over time. My only other thing I addressed in the earlier post about not following the bed lines. It works great though and is well made. It doesn't leak even in HEAVY rains. I found this amazing for a canvas material. I have had nothing but rain for days and have found that you are spot on with the double swimming pool created on top...LOL. I wondered about that so after the first rain I looked so I knew what would happen and took off fast and sharp out of the driveway. Most came out. The rest came off during the first stop. WARNING!!I didn't do it, but if you should have the rear cab window open, that pool of water is coming inside because it is directly lined up with the window.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #30
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
I too am amazed how water resilient the canvas is. But I have to say mine never flaps. That was my only fear when I 1st ordered it. But flapping here!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #31
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
The ones he makes for 1st gens are a tighter fit it appears. He has that truck so he had one to test on. Mine has a bigger gap between the cab than you do it looks like in pics anyhow.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #32

Mine doesn't flap at all either. some alignment issues, but Eddie will be taking care of those once I send it to him

I too had the pool effect, looked kinda cool when I come bouncing out of the driveway and water went flying everywhere; and immediately logged that into memory for the future.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
Quote:
Any additional pictures of how your canvas is mounted?

Mine has been holding up good so far...other than canvas fading, been in contact with Eddie already on getting a replacement though .
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #34
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

ShouldBEasy's Tacoma Gallery
Has this guy just disappeared off the map? Anyone been in contact with him lately?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #35
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys. Been busy at work and was out of town. I will try to get some more photos for you.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #36
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I have some questions but:

1.) What exactly is the functional purpose of these? Is it just to protect items in the best from getting wet?

2.) What are the cons and benefits of a canvas top versus a Fiberglass camper top like an ARE? I would think more would lean towards a fiberglass top for security reasons.

Anyways I think they look great, if I was more into camping I would definitely look into one of these. And as everyone else said, very admirable to be doing these kinds of things at his age I wish I used my time more wisely when I was younger lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #37
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
See my answers in red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Ok I have some questions but:

1.) What exactly is the functional purpose of these? Is it just to protect items in the best from getting wet?

My primary reason was to have a cover over to protect things from the weather/elements. I do often keep things in there that I wouldn't want stolen. Of course a soft topper Isn't the most secure, but I feel it is a deterent.

I almost always have 1-2 fold up "Tommy Bahama" chairs for when we go fishing or need a place to sit.

I also keep a couple of blocks of 8"x8" dunnage. I plan on mounting a pelican box up against the back of my cab that I can lock and keep valuables in.

2.) What are the cons and benefits of a canvas top versus a Fiberglass camper top like an ARE? I would think more would lean towards a fiberglass top for security reasons.

I personally love hard toppers and if I had more property, I would of probably opted for a hard top. There have been 3 separate occasions since installing the soft topper where I needed to remove it. It only weights about 75# and I was easily able to remove it my self. And if I needed to keep it off for a while, I could of easily broke it down to store it.
The hard top,if no on my truck, would probably take up a spot in my drive way and that would irritate me

Anyways I think they look great, if I was more into camping I would definitely look into one of these. And as everyone else said, very admirable to be doing these kinds of things at his age I wish I used my time more wisely when I was younger lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #38
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

ShouldBEasy's Tacoma Gallery
Where the fuck did this guy go? I've emailed him, pm'd him, phoned him - nothing.

WTF.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #39
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could tell me what canvas was used for the topper? I can't find the group buy thread anymore that had that information. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Edit: I think it was this Duck Canvas?

http://www.bigduckcanvas.com/categor...of-canvas.html
Old 07-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #40
telejojo is on a distinguished road

Name: Skip
telejojo's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you buy it ? What's the web address?