Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Eddie209 - Soft Toppers - DO NOT BUY!!!!

Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #41
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldBEasy View Post
He's smart enough to wait 45 days after receiving initial payment to then request payment 2.

Unfortunately, after 45 days, Visa can't do anything and neither can Paypal. I am not hoping to get back my second payment (not quite half) but this is still a scam at best.
IIRC visa can do something within 90 days of payment and ive called in before with like 180 days after payment and they still worked it out for me.

We had a similar problem with Treklights group buy, hope it all works out for you guys
Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #42
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

ShouldBEasy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
IIRC visa can do something within 90 days of payment and ive called in before with like 180 days after payment and they still worked it out for me.

We had a similar problem with Treklights group buy, hope it all works out for you guys
I'll be looking in to that today.

Paypal came through regarding the second payment - I received notification that I'll be getting it back at least.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #43
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
My question is...why would you buy from this guy vs. Direct from softopper?
Sucks what happened op... hope you get your shit.
Probably because some liked the idea of having something that doubles as a bed rack or has the ability to mount things on the inside of frame with the top on. Something not possible with the Besttop and softtoppers folding probably aluminum frame.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #44
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
That is exactly why I considered it. I would even overlook the fitment on a gen2 but the issues people have had with the canvas is inexcusable and unacceptable
Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #45
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm one of the few who got the better canvas.

And didn't get ripped off
Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #46
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
I know that I'm a strange face in here; just wanted to chime in with my .02..

I was watching this Group Buy from the beginning - I found it pretty impressive that another young guy had the ability and design skills to pump out a relatively innovative and unique product for our trucks.

Would I have bought one, no.. While I think that they are a good concept, I'm not really a fan of camper toppers in general. But, that's irrelevant.

Back to what I was originally saying - from his online persona, I gathered Eddie209 to be a stand up guy. Seemed like he was honest, produced a good product and was planning on providing a product to members of TW for long time.

Guess I was wrong. Maybe.

I'm not in any way picking sides here - and don't want to receive any PMs or start an argument, but perhaps something went majorly wrong for him? Although, that doesn't seem to explain the frequent log ins, with no posts. Definitely doesn't explain the lack of any phone communication. I call BS.

Furthermore that part about requesting payment 45 days apart. Wow. That's devious.

Through TW I've met pretty awesome people in 3 different states, from Alaska to Washington and Oregon - all of them have been great examples of good humans. With a community this awesome, I think karma will eventually catch up with him if need be.

I work pretty damn hard for my money, and I'm fortunate to be able to spend a sizable portion of it on something that I enjoy, like my truck. I know I'd be mad as hell if I was to experience anything even remotely resembling the con that Eddie209 MAY be attempting to pull off.

Good luck guys..

I'm out.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #48
TRD Overland
gathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to behold

Army:
gathaway's Tacoma Gallery
For all of you who believe that something happened to Eddie giving him a reason not to respond or return payments here are links to his facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/eddie.martens

https://www.facebook.com/SevensixFabrication

You can see he probably took the money and used it to open up his new shop. I was able to get the majority of my money back when I filed a complaint with the BBB against SevenSix Fabrication.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #49
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Wow just wow speechless. WTF is wrong with people?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #50
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I think its time to blow up his facebook with some negative advertising.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
TRD Overland
gathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to beholdgathaway is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I think its time to blow up his facebook with some negative advertising.
I have wanted to do that for a week now, but I am trying to be the better man. But he owes me money.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #52
TRD Overland

Army:
UPDATE: just received an email from eddie. He said he tore his rotator cuff and has been laid up in bed for a couple weeks. I will take that with a grain of salt for now till I have total reimbursement. But he has contacted me and I will let you all know how it plays out.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #54
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're back Eddie
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #55
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie209 View Post
Jeeze you guys are harsh, been on TW for years now with hundreds of happy customers. I tore my rotator cuff and was out for 3 weeks and now I'm a bad guy.

Money was refunded as soon as I realized I wouldn't be able to complete the orders in a reasonable time because of my injury

Edit: money was refunded to the guys who screamed and yelled and talked my business down. Don't want customers like that, especially when I'm building them something for no profit at all.
Ok, my thing is... you logged in to TW, yet NOT a single pm or anything to your customers. You could have typed with your other hand a simple I'm down for the count post and I'm sure everyone would have been ok with that. Or had someone make a post for you. What gets MOST folks is the lack of communication. If you want to stay in business a long time, you'll realize that communication is a key to being successful.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #56
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
did it ever occur to you that maybe a short email to your customers regarding the reason for the delay would have helped??? I have had four shoulder separations (two were severe, two minor, the last one two weeks ago while indoor speedskating) and still have a tricky rotator cuff on the other shoulder, never prevented me from accessing a computer to take care of business...if it had only been 5 days you were out of circulation this would not be an issue, you were gone a long time....

you just disappeared, didn't respond to inquiries and only showed up here after a maelstrom of krap started descending on you...as noted, you were checking in here at TW on occasion without postings so you obviously could still operate a computer....

bummer on your order cancelations...hopefully you will be able to rebuild your rep as time goes on....
Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #57
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Ok, my thing is... you logged in to TW, yet NOT a single pm or anything to your customers. You could have typed with your other hand a simple I'm down for the count post and I'm sure everyone would have been ok with that. Or had someone make a post for you. What gets MOST folks is the lack of communication. If you want to stay in business a long time, you'll realize that communication is a key to being successful.
Good point, if I was out that much money and couldn't get ahold of the seller for that long, I'd be going nuts also.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
'Lastly I will not be taking many orders from TW anymore. I've had two people screw me for the final payment after trusting them by shipping it before receiving the payment.'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so, post up their handles so all can be informed of the rats they are, their non payment habits should be exposed don't you think???
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #59
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
'Lastly I will not be taking many orders from TW anymore. I've had two people screw me for the final payment after trusting them by shipping it before receiving the payment.'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so, post up their handles so all can be informed of the rats they are, their non payment habits should be exposed don't you think???
This. Noone should be screwing anyone on TW. If a vendor gets screwed then out these assholes.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #60
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Communication is the key to good customer service for any business. You can be pissed at everyone and say you won't take any more orders here and that's your right but put yourself in the shoes of those with outstanding orders. You have something that already had a long lead time for some orders (and is to be expected with a small custom fab shop)and then add several weeks on top of that with zero communication and I don't know that you should be turning it around and playing victim. People work hard for their money spending 600 bucks and then having someone fall off the face of the earth is enough to make most assume the same. Put yourself In their shoes.

It certainly sucks that you had a death in the family I'm sure we are all sorry to hear that and adding in an injury certainly compounds things. But if I just stopped showing up at my job for a month with no word from me or someone else explaining what happened I'd likely be fired. If you're going to run a business life goes on. People are forgiving and can usually accept some delays if you're actually up front about it. If you apparently had other guys at the shop I don't think it would have been too much to have them pop in or return other emails letting them know the situation. It's not like TW was the only way people were trying to contact you. There were a couple delays when I bought from you and I was fine with that since you kept me in the loop.