Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Eddie209 - Soft Toppers - DO NOT BUY!!!!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie209 View Post
Meh I'd rather not, I made the mistake of trusting them. After all this time on tw I didn't really see anybody as a "customer" kinda treated every one like a buddy who i was doing some work for ya know? but oh well lesson learned.
I get that. But most people on TW would feel similarly and would end up getting screwed also. So save others and out them. You lost money but that doesn't mean anybody else should too.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #62
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
oh how the tables are turning now, I call you on that, it doesn't make any sense not to post their handles, why should fellow TW's be subject to the possibility they may get stiffed...

sorry, I am not buying it...try again....
Old 07-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #63
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
good on ya eddie for refunding them, lack of communication on your part but hey you're making things right, just a misunderstanding from my point of view, good luck man
Old 07-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #64
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

ShouldBEasy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jeeze you guys are harsh, been on TW for years now with hundreds of happy customers. I tore my rotator cuff and was out for 3 weeks and now I'm a bad guy.

Money was refunded as soon as I realized I wouldn't be able to complete the orders in a reasonable time because of my injury

Edit: money was refunded to the guys who screamed and yelled and talked my business down. Don't want customers like that, especially when I'm building them something for no profit at all.
I am sure you could have still worked a phone or a keyboard with one arm.

If you care to refund the remainder of my order I would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Ok, my thing is... you logged in to TW, yet NOT a single pm or anything to your customers. You could have typed with your other hand a simple I'm down for the count post and I'm sure everyone would have been ok with that. Or had someone make a post for you. What gets MOST folks is the lack of communication. If you want to stay in business a long time, you'll realize that communication is a key to being successful.
Bingo. The lackadaisical attitude and apparent disinterest / disappearance is what really gets me. Screams immaturity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
did it ever occur to you that maybe a short email to your customers regarding the reason for the delay would have helped??? I have had four shoulder separations (two were severe, two minor, the last one two weeks ago while indoor speedskating) and still have a tricky rotator cuff on the other shoulder, never prevented me from accessing a computer to take care of business...if it had only been 5 days you were out of circulation this would not be an issue, you were gone a long time....

you just disappeared, didn't respond to inquiries and only showed up here after a maelstrom of krap started descending on you...as noted, you were checking in here at TW on occasion without postings so you obviously could still operate a computer....

bummer on your order cancelations...hopefully you will be able to rebuild your rep as time goes on....
All very valid points. As mentioned, it seems Eddie mentally checked out for a month.

Quote:
Yea I know that was my bad, but I honestly haven't been on TW for over 3 weeks until today. Probably one of my guys on the shop computer (tw is the homepage).

I guess I was so bummed/mad at myself I just needed some time. Didn't even realize how long it has been. Thought I could just rest a few days and be ready to go.
The biggest part of being a business owner is knowing that you're on the clock 24/7, 365 regardless of the shitstorm going on around you. You need to realize that no one is going to do it for you regarding customer service and you need to make the mental switch to work first, rest second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Good point, if I was out that much money and couldn't get ahold of the seller for that long, I'd be going nuts also.
Quite true. It was not a small chunk of change and the fact it has been delayed and also the disappearance has dictated my decision making multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Communication is the key to good customer service for any business. You can be pissed at everyone and say you won't take any more orders here and that's your right but put yourself in the shoes of those with outstanding orders. You have something that already had a long lead time for some orders (and is to be expected with a small custom fab shop)and then add several weeks on top of that with zero communication and I don't know that you should be turning it around and playing victim. People work hard for their money spending 600 bucks and then having someone fall off the face of the earth is enough to make most assume the same. Put yourself In their shoes.

It certainly sucks that you had a death in the family I'm sure we are all sorry to hear that and adding in an injury certainly compounds things. But if I just stopped showing up at my job for a month with no word from me or someone else explaining what happened I'd likely be fired. If you're going to run a business life goes on. People are forgiving and can usually accept some delays if you're actually up front about it. If you apparently had other guys at the shop I don't think it would have been too much to have them pop in or return other emails letting them know the situation. It's not like TW was the only way people were trying to contact you. There were a couple delays when I bought from you and I was fine with that since you kept me in the loop.
Once again, nail on the head. Our condolences regarding your family situation. No one likes having to go through that when it happens. That being said, your approach to the situation has certainly negatively impacted your reputation on TW and how others portray you and your business.

Quote:
Meh I'd rather not, I made the mistake of trusting them. After all this time on tw I didn't really see anybody as a "customer" kinda treated every one like a buddy who i was doing some work for ya know? but oh well lesson learned.
You should be up front and straight with people and don't mix business and pleasure (ie friends). Deal with in wearing two hats - one for business, one for being friends. You have to. Otherwise shit like this happens and things go from bad to worse. Hell, I trusted you regarding the payment (you said it would be a couple days to fix it so I paid anyways and hoped it would ship) and look where it got me.

I acknowledge that it was my mistake regarding the measurements and as it was due to the fact I had limited access to my truck, I apologized for it. To be honest, had you been upfront about the cost that incurred because of it, I probably would have forked it up. It's not about the money for me, I'd rather have a smooth transaction and get the product I thought I was paying for. This is no longer my intention. I just wish to get my money back (because I can't get my time back) as I need to spend it elsewhere on a soft topper from a more reputable seller.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #65
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
If you are a business the motto the customer is always right has to be important plus you could have just messaged him or started a thread to explain why you were busy I mean at least keep your customers in the loop and seriously if you ate busy then just say that up front
Old 07-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #66
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ShouldBEasy

so you have your PayPal reimbursement for the second payment, but the rest of the funds have not been returned yet?

seems there is more to be refunded, I guess you didn't scream hard enough, as alluded to in his postage above...
Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #67
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
ShouldBEasy

so you have your PayPal reimbursement for the second payment, but the rest of the funds have not been returned yet?

seems there is more to be refunded, I guess you didn't scream hard enough, as alluded to in his postage above...
Correct. The previous / first payment was beyond the 45 day Paypal limit and so I could not dispute it through Paypal.

I have plans to phone Visa in the next day or two but hopefully Eddie steps up so I don't have to.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #68
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
I had a good experience purchasing from Eddie. It did take slightly longer for me to receive everything, but he kept me informed as far as what he was still working on and such. I had purchased through his first group buy, so I'm sure he had less people and less orders to deal with (not including his recent life events), so communication was less of an issue before.

All in all, I personally had a good purchasing experience, and the quality of his work is good. Eddie seems to be in a little over his head at the moment with all the jobs/orders he has taken on. And should try as best as he can to rectify the situation and make everyone happy.

Goodluck everyone
Old 07-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #69
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
. Not sure that everyone appreciates that after switching to the seakmark I literally make ZERO money on these.

Thank you to everyone who has ordered though..And yes there are plenty of happy customers (I've sold over 40) if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have my dream shop

So you make absolutely ZERO profit off these and yet if it wasnt for the over 40 Non Profitable orders, you wouldnt have money to build your dream shop?

Makes complete sense.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #70
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
So you make absolutely ZERO profit off these and yet if it wasnt for the over 40 Non Profitable orders, you wouldnt have money to build your dream shop?

Makes complete sense.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #71
OldPhart

of course it does, excuse me while I get my brain cells rearranged so I can understand what he said
Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #72
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm somewhat impressed the vendor is posting in this tampon-a-thon
Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #73
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So i make a sweet soft top with minimal tools in my garage, put it up for sale in group buy form and get $10,000 in one week (again using even numbers). Now I use $5000 to order the steel needed to complete these orders, and $5,000 in new machinery to build the soft tops better and more efficiently.

So we start gb #2 this time its $20,000 all in two weeks. So again $10,000 goes towards material for the soft tops, and $10,000 towards finding, leasing a shop and setting it up.
That's a 100% profit on every soft top you sold. It makes no difference in profit calculations how you spent that money after you made it.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #74
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
X2, he wasn't obligated to come here and tell everyone his personal business but he did and he's getting trashed on. I agree the communication could have been better but at least he's trying to fix it.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #75
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
X2, he wasn't obligated to come here and tell everyone his personal business but he did and he's getting trashed on. I agree the communication could have been better but at least he's trying to fix it.

agreed, he got in over his head with orders and shit happened, lets move on people quit bashing the guy
Old 07-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #76
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I think he redeemed himself here. Now lets move on folks...nuffin to see here
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #77
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
0% profit, read it over again.

But anyways, this thread isn't about how much money I make.

Edit: you cut out half my explaination, making it look like its 100% profit
I'm in no way trying to say that making profit is unacceptable, you came up with a great idea and you deserve to make money on it.

You are correct about this thread not being about your profit, and I will make no more mention of your profit margins.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #78

You answering emails on the one you linked in your previous post? Get back to me regarding my email if you could.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #79
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
that's got a nice ring to it
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #80
Hafa Adai!
tagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: C-Tech
Name: joey
tagaman670's Tacoma Gallery
damn sorry to hear that, he still hasnt gotten back at you? i thought he said the last payment was "pending"