1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eddie209 - Soft Toppers - DO NOT BUY!!!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by ShouldBEasy, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jun 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    ShouldBEasy

ShouldBEasy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Horrible experience.

Payment has been sent - no product has been shipped.

I've attempted to contact the seller through multiple avenues (pm, email, phone, voicemail) and have not heard back from him for 3+ weeks.

A dispute has been opened through PayPal and I will be contacting Visa regarding my first payment.

Basically, this is a scam - don't trust him with your funds!!!!

2. Jun 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    mjm540ii

mjm540ii Ding Dang Dee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oxford, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport AC V6
    Fog light mod, interior LED's, illuminated switch, B110 5100's in the rear, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500's, 4X Innovations sliders, rear diff breather mod, painted rocker panels, bhlm, yellow wire mod, CB, Wheeler's 2"aal, Allpro diff skid, ubolt flip, LR UCA's, 885X's w/ 13mm spacer on 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, Relentless IFS/ mid/ T case skids, 255/85/16 KM2s, block heater, DTRL mod, T2 eyelids, Wheelers Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines, ATO shackle flip kit,1" 4Crawler BL, Elite fr plate bumper, Flyzeye LEDs, Drilled and slotted rotors, 20" LED bar
  3. Jun 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    What was the quoted time??

4. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I know mine ended up being longer than quoted. Granted that was during a group buy. Mine will be for sale at some point.

5. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    ShouldBEasy

Member:
    Mine was in the 2nd group buy.

Final invoice (when item was completed) was June 1st. Payment was received June 2nd. Item was supposed to have 1 revision made and then shipped out.

Have not heard back from Eddie209 in 3 weeks and I have tried contacting him through multiple means.

Basically, I've had my order placed for 3 months, over 50% was given as downpayment, the remainder was given upon completion of the rack in good faith.

No shipping notification, no contact, obvious forum activity (he's been on here, just not posting) and I can't deal with this. I wanted a soft topper for the summer, I can't wait around for 3 more months.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  6. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    Geem750

Geem750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    om nom nom

7. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    ShouldBEasy

Member:
    Really? We can't give out negative reviews without the chance of the thread being locked? Grow up.

Agreed. Although lead times are really never a concern of mine (I buy Shrockworks...). It's the lack of communication and lack of professionalism. Basically, he's completely ignored me through all of the standard means of contact.

4-6 weeks. Thing is, he said it was done, I confirmed a change - he said no problem, 2 days to fix it. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have not heard anything from him since and he has received full payment. Not cool.

8. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    :popcorn:

9. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    ShouldBEasy

Member:
    I will be - this turned sour fast.

I have patience. I have understanding. The first group buy seemed to have gone off without a (major) hitch. I wanted to give my business to a small guy who seemed to be producing a quality product. The lack of customer service and professionalism regarding a $800 product is ridiculous.

20/20 hindsight.

10. Jun 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Deathproofduck

Deathproofduck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    13 StormTrooper DCSB Icon, scs, front runner..etc
    Too many to list
    It took nearly 12 weeks from the time of first deposit on mine until i finally got a response. I received it in "Roughly" 14 weeks. The frame did not fit a 2nd gen properly (there is a contour to the bed that is way off) and the canvas was bad (both zippers broke on the first day, and the canvas tore a 6"-8" rip where a grommet was). The frame came with instructions, but was marked backwards. Through a bunch of frustration and the help of my wife, we figured out he marked everything incorrectly and assembled it ourselves. (i hate destructions in the first place). The original canvas was finally replaced ?? 2-4 weeks later (just a guess without looking at receipts) and it has held up much better. I think imho that this kid had no idea what to expect and got overwhelmed. I feel your pain OP and if it is any consolation i will sell you mine at a loss. Overall not happy with my first TW purchase. Here is his website, from there you can hit his facebook. It looks like he is busy with bike builds. http://mainmetalfab.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
  11. Jun 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    ShouldBEasy

Member:
    I appreciate it but it wouldn't fit my Tundra.

First payment was on February 15th. Second was June 1st.

That's 106 days. 3 Months 17 days. I am going overboard?

But seriously, it's the lack of response that is disturbing.

12. Jun 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I can also vouch for the instructions/markings being wrong on mine took me awhile to figure out. After a week or 2 on the truck and an inability to fix the crazy flapping I decided I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would and took it off. Then ended up trading my taco for a Tundra. So it's just collecting dust in the shed.

It's a nice concept and alternative to the other options but I think the design needs some work. Plus perhaps he got overwhelmed as was mentioned. Doesn't excuse for the lack of communication if there is going to be a hold up or something came up tell the customer that.

In hindsight I regretted not just going softtopper. Then again had I been planning on getting a new truck I wouldn't have gotten either lol. Good luck with a resolution.

13. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    w00dy

w00dy Hey Now!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    North of the Wall
    Vehicle:
    03 dCab tURD
    BAMF kick out sliders, SkidRow skids,Pro Comp 7069, Kelly Safari TSR 285's, Elite front bumpa, OME 883 & Dakars w/ D6XL AAL, Nitro sport shocks, Eddie209 Soft topper, Satoshi, k&n fipk, Clarion vx400, Ultra Gauge, Debadgination mod
    I feel bad for all you guys not having any luck with Eddie or his soft topper. Hindsight tells me he didn't have the 2nd gen design down pat. Luckily mine fits well and so far have zero complaints.

I hope Eddie square up with all of you. Shame on him if he doesn't. TW is a great community!

14. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Deathproofduck

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list
    Nah, he has logged on to Tacoma World. He took the money and ran, that or someone-else has his login info. If he wasn't so far from me i would say we could go knocking!!! (I am an old school biker). I am seriously on the fence, that or just writing this off as some kids senior project. My 16 yr. old said "Dad, Gramps and i could have done this better". I kinda blame myself in in odd way for believing the the little man could do it. Eddie shit on that dream for me. I run a few highly successful companies and the way (i'm old) i was taught was the customer service was #1. It is blatantly obvious with out an ass beating or serious lawsuit that these kids don't care. It is to easy to burn people or maybe... in this case get overwhelmed and bail.

15. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    Deathproofduck

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list
    You are on here right now Lil' Man, why not answer some questions?

16. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Ditto. Great experience ordering direct plus they matched the lowest price I found on the internet.

17. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    I didn't have issues with him awhile back when I bought a light bar from him. Saying he's scamming is a little much imo

18. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Deathproofduck

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list
    Did your light bar fit correctly? Did it cost you 750.00? Apples and Oranges. "Damn near any monkey with a pipe bender and a 220 wire feed can make a light bar."

19. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Deathproofduck

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list
    I'm out of this because it pisses me off like a m*&^#@ fucker. If anyone want's to know more, PM me.

20. Jun 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    Yes it fit correctly. I can't remember how much it cost at this point, definitely not $750. I do not believe a monkey made this light bar. Are you mad sir?

To Top