Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Eddie209 - Soft Toppers - DO NOT BUY!!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

ShouldBEasy's Tacoma Gallery
Eddie209 - Soft Toppers - DO NOT BUY!!!!

Horrible experience.

Payment has been sent - no product has been shipped.

I've attempted to contact the seller through multiple avenues (pm, email, phone, voicemail) and have not heard back from him for 3+ weeks.

A dispute has been opened through PayPal and I will be contacting Visa regarding my first payment.

Basically, this is a scam - don't trust him with your funds!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta be careful with small fab guys with wait times .
Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I know mine ended up being longer than quoted. Granted that was during a group buy. Mine will be for sale at some point.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
ShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to beholdShouldBEasy is a splendid one to behold

Mine was in the 2nd group buy.

Final invoice (when item was completed) was June 1st. Payment was received June 2nd. Item was supposed to have 1 revision made and then shipped out.

Have not heard back from Eddie209 in 3 weeks and I have tried contacting him through multiple means.

Basically, I've had my order placed for 3 months, over 50% was given as downpayment, the remainder was given upon completion of the rack in good faith.

No shipping notification, no contact, obvious forum activity (he's been on here, just not posting) and I can't deal with this. I wanted a soft topper for the summer, I can't wait around for 3 more months.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
om nom nom
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldBEasy View Post
Mine was in the group buy.

Final invoice (when item was completed) was June 1st. Payment was received June 2nd. Item was supposed to have 1 revision made and then shipped out.

Have not heard back from Eddie209 in 3 weeks and I have tried contacting him through multiple means.

Basically, I've had my order placed for 3 months, over 50% was given as downpayment, the remainder was given upon completion of the rack in good faith.

No shipping notification, no contact, obvious forum activity (he's been on here, just not posting) and I can't deal with this. I wanted a soft topper for the summer, I can't wait around for 3 more months.
Hit up softtopper . I had mine ordered and shipped 1500 miles in less than a week
Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
IBTL
Really? We can't give out negative reviews without the chance of the thread being locked? Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Gotta be careful with small fab guys with wait times .
Agreed. Although lead times are really never a concern of mine (I buy Shrockworks...). It's the lack of communication and lack of professionalism. Basically, he's completely ignored me through all of the standard means of contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
What was the quoted time??
4-6 weeks. Thing is, he said it was done, I confirmed a change - he said no problem, 2 days to fix it. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have not heard anything from him since and he has received full payment. Not cool.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Hit up softtopper . I had mine ordered and shipped 1500 miles in less than a week
I will be - this turned sour fast.

I have patience. I have understanding. The first group buy seemed to have gone off without a (major) hitch. I wanted to give my business to a small guy who seemed to be producing a quality product. The lack of customer service and professionalism regarding a $800 product is ridiculous.

20/20 hindsight.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
It took nearly 12 weeks from the time of first deposit on mine until i finally got a response. I received it in "Roughly" 14 weeks. The frame did not fit a 2nd gen properly (there is a contour to the bed that is way off) and the canvas was bad (both zippers broke on the first day, and the canvas tore a 6"-8" rip where a grommet was). The frame came with instructions, but was marked backwards. Through a bunch of frustration and the help of my wife, we figured out he marked everything incorrectly and assembled it ourselves. (i hate destructions in the first place). The original canvas was finally replaced ?? 2-4 weeks later (just a guess without looking at receipts) and it has held up much better. I think imho that this kid had no idea what to expect and got overwhelmed. I feel your pain OP and if it is any consolation i will sell you mine at a loss. Overall not happy with my first TW purchase. Here is his website, from there you can hit his facebook. It looks like he is busy with bike builds. http://mainmetalfab.com/
Old 06-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #14

I appreciate it but it wouldn't fit my Tundra.

First payment was on February 15th. Second was June 1st.

That's 106 days. 3 Months 17 days. I am going overboard?

But seriously, it's the lack of response that is disturbing.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I can also vouch for the instructions/markings being wrong on mine took me awhile to figure out. After a week or 2 on the truck and an inability to fix the crazy flapping I decided I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would and took it off. Then ended up trading my taco for a Tundra. So it's just collecting dust in the shed.

It's a nice concept and alternative to the other options but I think the design needs some work. Plus perhaps he got overwhelmed as was mentioned. Doesn't excuse for the lack of communication if there is going to be a hold up or something came up tell the customer that.

In hindsight I regretted not just going softtopper. Then again had I been planning on getting a new truck I wouldn't have gotten either lol. Good luck with a resolution.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
I feel bad for all you guys not having any luck with Eddie or his soft topper. Hindsight tells me he didn't have the 2nd gen design down pat. Luckily mine fits well and so far have zero complaints.

I hope Eddie square up with all of you. Shame on him if he doesn't. TW is a great community!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nah, he has logged on to Tacoma World. He took the money and ran, that or someone-else has his login info. If he wasn't so far from me i would say we could go knocking!!! (I am an old school biker). I am seriously on the fence, that or just writing this off as some kids senior project. My 16 yr. old said "Dad, Gramps and i could have done this better". I kinda blame myself in in odd way for believing the the little man could do it. Eddie shit on that dream for me. I run a few highly successful companies and the way (i'm old) i was taught was the customer service was #1. It is blatantly obvious with out an ass beating or serious lawsuit that these kids don't care. It is to easy to burn people or maybe... in this case get overwhelmed and bail.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #18

You are on here right now Lil' Man, why not answer some questions?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ditto. Great experience ordering direct plus they matched the lowest price I found on the internet.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't have issues with him awhile back when I bought a light bar from him. Saying he's scamming is a little much imo