Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Toytec Customer Service *THUMBS DOWN*

Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #21
racemybuick is on a distinguished road

Name: John
racemybuick's Tacoma Gallery
If we get 100 people to give their $.02, two dollars will be raised for the "less fortunate screwed by corporate greed."

J/k...

I hope that your experience is an isolated incident. I had a great experience with them, but to be truthful, it was one or two phone calls and then I installed the product, end of relationship. I didn't stick their sticker on my truck, I don't really believe in free advertising for someone after I paid a nice sum for their products.

John
Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
Quite honestly, i think you're out of line.

You made the decision to proceed through a multi-step order submission form, pressed the big "Submit Order" button and then did the research on the product you had just committed to purchasing. Your order of operations is completely backwards and i agree with Kodiak, They spent time (=money) processing your order. You chose to send an email after standard business hours and go to bed. A simple email does not access their order processing software and magically cancel your order. There are not trained monkey's staffed 24/7 eagerly waiting for emails to appear requesting special treatment in return for bananas.

You are causing a ruckus over a 5% fee... 5%. Completely reasonable for a cancelled order that was processed yet hadn't left the warehouse.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2006Yota View Post
Right and I agree with you which is why I wrote that I didnt like the idea of using the forums as a device for threats.
Sorry I didn't quote what I intended to.

Quote:
Not really sure I'd agree with leveraging the use of the forums as means of persuasion to get your refund.
Now maybe my response will read different.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The 5% fee for canceled orders not yet shipped is in fact listed in Toytec's warranty and return policy: http://www.toyteclifts.com/warranty-and-return-policy

Whether it's "reasonable" or not depends on what competing vendors do. You have choices when it comes to buyings parts for your truck.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #25
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
That is one horrendous warranty and return policy .
Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #26
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
If they pulled the item off the shelf, and packaged it...they have to restock it. They aren't going to just keep it in a flippin box forever. Considering the fact that you placed the order 10 min before they closed and sent the cancellation email 11 min after they closed...they most likely didn't get it till the next morning....which looking at the time stamp on the email says 1030 am (0830 am MST), shortly after they opened.

I don't see the issue here. They got the order right before closing and packaged it, then they closed, then the next morning when they were shipping out shit, they saw your email and had to take the box out of the load of orders and restock it.
X2 They used their resources to package up your order then had someone find the package that was waiting for pickup for delivery, open it up, then put the product back in the stockroom. The email and their ordering system is likely not linked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
Quite honestly, i think you're out of line.

You made the decision to proceed through a multi-step order submission form, pressed the big "Submit Order" button and then did the research on the product you had just committed to purchasing. Your order of operations is completely backwards and i agree with Kodiak, They spent time (=money) processing your order. You chose to send an email after standard business hours and go to bed. A simple email does not access their order processing software and magically cancel your order. There are not trained monkey's staffed 24/7 eagerly waiting for emails to appear requesting special treatment in return for bananas.

You are causing a ruckus over a 5% fee... 5%. Completely reasonable for a cancelled order that was processed yet hadn't left the warehouse.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
I understand what happened. That still doesn't make it right.I have experience in customer service, and you're customers are the back bone of your company. You're supposed to go above and beyond to make them happy. You're not supposed to lose a customer over something as silly as a $2 re stocking fee. Did having to put a 4lb box back on the shelf really hurt them that bad? Was it worth losing my future business? From a professional business point of view, of course not. It was a bad call, imo. It's just sad to see "the customer is always right" motto being put away.
I would disagree with this. I worked retail for a few of years and people are assholes is the conclusion I have come to from working retail. I'm not going out of my way to make them happy when they treat me like shit. Working retail has given me a negative perception of people in general if you haven't noticed lol.

If a customer is respectful to me I will go out of my way to make them happy but a lot of the customers I had to deal with were very rude and did not deserve "above and beyond" customer service.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Horrendous. Perhaps. But it's there for any potential customer to read before they decide to do business with them. If it was me I would just waive it. I don't really like restocking fees in a situation where it wasn't already shipped and the customer sending it back. But it's their written policy so I don't have an issue with it.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #28
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah true . People must not read it. How would anyone read it and then proceed to order ?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #29
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's what Wheeler's states, and I'd be okay with this.

Quote:
If you cancel your order after we have processed your card, you will incur a 3% cancellation fee. This is because it costs us at least 3% of your total to process your card, and we don't get that back when we refund your charge.
They also state card is not immediately processed. So presumably if you canceled quickly enough, with Wheeler's, they would not charge you a fee.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #30
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The 5% fee for canceled orders not yet shipped is in fact listed in Toytec's warranty and return policy: http://www.toyteclifts.com/warranty-and-return-policy

Whether it's "reasonable" or not depends on what competing vendors do. You have choices when it comes to buyings parts for your truck.
If its in their return policy, are they losing a customer for poor service? Or because you didn't do your homework and now you're butthurt...

Shitty return policy or not...the customer isn't always right. In this case, the policy is in effect, and you want 2 bucks, and you told the manager you were going to throw out your interactions with Toytec all over a forum.

I would imagine that Dylan will come in here, quote said return policy and move on.

In the end, it is your choice to purchase products from whoever you please, but it is poor form on your part to throw a fit on a public forum about a 2 buck restock fee that is written in their policy, regardless of how "unfair" it is.

Post directed to OP, not you Ken.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
X2 They used their resources to package up your order then had someone find the package that was waiting for pickup for delivery, open it up, then put the product back in the stockroom. The email and their ordering system is likely not linked.

ALL ORDERS that are paid for and cancelled before the package has been processed for shipment are subject to a cancellation fee of $20.00 or 5% of the purchase price, whichever is greater.

Just to be factual.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #32
Hateful Respect
SoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud ofSoCo has much to be proud of
SoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I've purchased from both Wheelers and Toytec.

Wheelers absolutely smokes Toytec in the customer service side. I purchased my leaf springs, coils, etc. from Toytec to support local business. My experience with Toytec both over the phone and in person has been less than ideal ... actually, it sucked every time.

Inversely, Wheelers staff is eager to take time with you over the phone and help with ANYTHING they can. I'm upgrading my suspension again, and it will be through Wheelers.

The restocking thing is bullshit. I hope they invest their $2.00 toward training their staff how to deal with and retain customers.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #33
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
ALL ORDERS that are paid for and cancelled before the package has been processed for shipment are subject to a cancellation fee of $20.00 or 5% of the purchase price, whichever is greater.

Just to be factual.
...and wasn't his order processed for shipment though? Since his order went through during business hours a bit before they closed. Then they got his cancelation email the next day after it had been processed. They spent the time and used their packaging materials to process his order. It's also to recover the vendor fee as it is not always returned from the credit card companies.

Toytec is a great vendor and has very knowledgeable staff. They also sponsored the big Moab event two years in a row and provide all TW members a discount. I've purchased parts through them before and will most certainly do it again. They will work with you if you have a problem with any of the products they sell.

I have to side with Toytec here. It's in their return policy and it's quite clear regarding the restocking fee. Don't like it? Well you should of thought about that before you ordered! I'm also quite surprised OP ordered the parts for a diff drop before he took the time to decide whether he thought it was a good idea or not. The diff drop pros/cons have been discussed extensively on TW.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #34
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like its best to CALL wheelers and toytec for an order . I ordered from wheelers one time via Internet . I ordered one bottle of tri flow . The conformation email didn't include shipping costs . It was delivered a few days later and the product was $6.00 and shipping was right around $6.00 . The bottle weighs about 4oz . I thought shipping was a little high but whatever .
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #35
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Here's what Wheeler's states, and I'd be okay with this.
They also state card is not immediately processed. So presumably if you canceled quickly enough, with Wheeler's, they would not charge you a fee.
For large orders where 3% may be signficant, you can probably get around the fee by negotiating a store credit rather than a straight refund. For a small order like this one, it isn't worth the trouble.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #36
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I will also add that I have ordered through Toytec multiple times including my lift kit and have had no issues. I think I received great customer service each time. The 5100s for my lift were on backorder so they called me and notified me. They said they could ship the parts of the order that were currently in stock at no extra charge.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
If its in their return policy, are they losing a customer for poor service? Or because you didn't do your homework and now you're butthurt...

Shitty return policy or not...the customer isn't always right. In this case, the policy is in effect, and you want 2 bucks, and you told the manager you were going to throw out your interactions with Toytec all over a forum.

I would imagine that Dylan will come in here, quote said return policy and move on.

In the end, it is your choice to purchase products from whoever you please, but it is poor form on your part to throw a fit on a public forum about a 2 buck restock fee that is written in their policy, regardless of how "unfair" it is.

Post directed to OP, not you Ken.
In the end, "policy" isn't what makes a business. Customers make a business. As a business, you have to be flexible, especially dealing with the public. Its just a very poor decision to lose a customer over $2. Hopefully, for toytecs sake, Dylan was just having a bad day, and this doesn't happen all of the time.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
...and wasn't his order processed for shipment though? Since his order went through during business hours a bit before they closed. Then they got his cancelation email the next day after it had been processed. They spent the time and used their packaging materials to process his order. It's also to recover the vendor fee as it is not always returned from the credit card companies.
Should have quoted a little more I guess, sorry.
Quote:
rders that are cancelled after they are processed and packaged for shipment will be charged a 15% restocking fee
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #39
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Can't believe people are jumping on the Op over this . Either way it's bad business practice and for two dollars it's better to refund the customer then not. More then likely he would order from them in the future and they would recoup the cost. Now they lost one customer and another one me. The manager should not respond they way he did. I will not be ordering from them anymore either.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #40
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
PM you address to me. I will give you $2 so that I too can contribute to someone less fortunate.
Hahaha , I was thinking the same thing

I think I found some change in my chesterfield you can have OP