1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Customer Service *THUMBS DOWN*

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by MxRacer190, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    What happened to "customer service"??? Toytec is charging me a 5% restocking fee because I canceled my order 15 minutes after I ordered it. Yeah it's just $2 but its the principle... Guess they would rather have that $2 than the future monies I would have ultimately given them. Businesses need to re learn that customers come first because without them, they don't have a business!

Here it is from start to finished between me and Toytec. . . I will post screen shots after.

- I ordered a diff drop kit From toytec last night. Then, 15-20 minutes later, I decided to cancel my order after seeing some horrendous pictures of the damage a drop kit can do :eek:. I sent an email to Toytec saying I would like to cancel my order, so that it doesn't get shipped, so I don't have to pay to ship back. Thinking that it would be taken care of, since I've had to do this in the past with other vendors, I go to bed.

- The next morning, around 10:30am I get an email saying my order has been shipped. I immediately call toytec to make sure my order has been canceled. while on the phone with some guy, he states that my order has not been shipped, and that "it is still in the back". He then proceeds to tell me that there is a 5% restocking fee if I choose to cancel my order. I tell him I sent an email minutes after my order, and ask is there still a "Restocking fee" if the item hasn't even been pulled yet. He tells me yes, so I ask to speak with his manager.

- So the manager comes on the line, and tells me that as soon as I ordered the product, his bank or credit card company charges him a fee, and that is the 5% "restocking fee". I tell him that the money hasn't even left my bank yet, and I shouldn't have to pay a fee to cancel my order that hasn't even left your building. He doesn't budge from this "5% fee", and I tell him that I will not be doing business with Toytec ever again, and that I will be posting about this on various forum, including TW. He responds with, "We look forward to seeing your post".

- End call

Here are some screen shots and timestamps:

Order confirmation at 6:50pm
    [​IMG]

My cancellation email at 7:11pm
    [​IMG]

The "shipping" email I received the next morning
    [​IMG]

Now, I got an email saying my order has been cancelled. The total is still pending in my bank account, and no fee has shown yet. Hopefully they put their thinking caps on and realize $2 isn't worth losing a lifetime customer.

2. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I don't think I would invest too much in being a victim. Does this show up in other places? Just saying...

3. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Investing means I want to receive something for what I've put in. I'm not looking for my $2 back, lol. I'm sharing my experience with others, and voicing my opinion about customer service.

0210 likes this.
  4. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think thats kinda shitty of them to do that.

0210 likes this.
  5. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Agree but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I'd be more pissed about paying $2.50 for a $.50 cup of coffee. :)

6. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Doesnt matter. He canceled the order within mins, but got screwed for 2 bucks. He paid 2 bucks for nothing. A bit worse than paying for coffee.....at least you get somthing with a coffee.

7. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    As I said, I wouldn't invest much in it but it must be me. I'll work on myself. :)

8. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Truth. It's okay though, I give money to the less fortunate all the time.

9. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    If they pulled the item off the shelf, and packaged it...they have to restock it. They aren't going to just keep it in a flippin box forever. Considering the fact that you placed the order 10 min before they closed and sent the cancellation email 11 min after they closed...they most likely didn't get it till the next morning....which looking at the time stamp on the email says 1030 am (0830 am MST), shortly after they opened.

I don't see the issue here. They got the order right before closing and packaged it, then they closed, then the next morning when they were shipping out shit, they saw your email and had to take the box out of the load of orders and restock it.

10. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    I understand what happened. That still doesn't make it right.I have experience in customer service, and you're customers are the back bone of your company. You're supposed to go above and beyond to make them happy. You're not supposed to lose a customer over something as silly as a $2 re stocking fee. Did having to put a 4lb box back on the shelf really hurt them that bad? Was it worth losing my future business? From a professional business point of view, of course not. It was a bad call, imo. It's just sad to see "the customer is always right" motto being put away.

11. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Is this restocking fee listed on their site?

12. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Doesn't seem like it'd be difficult, or inappropriate, for them to waive the fee in THIS case. Or rather it seems it'd be appropriate to waive the fee in this case, dude's final comment to you rubs me the wrong way as well.

Deal with Wheeler's I've always had EXCELLENT customer service there.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  13. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    This ^^^

I thought I have in the past as well.

14. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    PM you address to me. I will give you $2 so that I too can contribute to someone less fortunate. ...and Chris just for the record, I am speaking about cups o joe that were unpalatable. :)

15. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    I understand. I guess to me, a restocking fee sounds silly. However, everyone has their thoughts on the topic. Myself....I make pretty shitty coffee. :eek:

16. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    lol - I can't stand them either. And I'd personally like to return some of the crap I've bought for my truck - the stuff I've used as well as some of the stuff that still sits on the shelf! lol

17. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    The "manager" is likely giving you false information. Credit card company does indeed charge a commission on each sale, typically 1-4%. However, when the merchant processes a refund, the commission is reversed, too.

The funny thing is, there's a "$1.55 discount" listed in the order total. So they give you a 5% discount a time of order, then charge 5% restocking fee?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    0210 likes this.
  18. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    racemybuick

racemybuick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hopatcong, NJ
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 lots of goodies finally
    K&N filters, 3" front lift toytec, aal with spacer in rear, bull bar, 4" tube steps, ecgs bushing successful!
    If we get 100 people to give their $.02, two dollars will be raised for the "less fortunate screwed by corporate greed."

J/k...

I hope that your experience is an isolated incident. I had a great experience with them, but to be truthful, it was one or two phone calls and then I installed the product, end of relationship. I didn't stick their sticker on my truck, I don't really believe in free advertising for someone after I paid a nice sum for their products.

John

19. Jun 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    Quite honestly, i think you're out of line.

You made the decision to proceed through a multi-step order submission form, pressed the big "Submit Order" button and then did the research on the product you had just committed to purchasing. Your order of operations is completely backwards and i agree with Kodiak, They spent time (=money) processing your order. You chose to send an email after standard business hours and go to bed. A simple email does not access their order processing software and magically cancel your order. There are not trained monkey's staffed 24/7 eagerly waiting for emails to appear requesting special treatment in return for bananas.

You are causing a ruckus over a 5% fee... 5%. Completely reasonable for a cancelled order that was processed yet hadn't left the warehouse.

20. Jun 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    The 5% fee for canceled orders not yet shipped is in fact listed in Toytec's warranty and return policy: Whether it's "reasonable" or not depends on what competing vendors do. You have choices when it comes to buyings parts for your truck.

To Top