Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Toytec Customer Service *THUMBS DOWN*

Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Customer Service *THUMBS DOWN*

What happened to "customer service"??? Toytec is charging me a 5% restocking fee because I canceled my order 15 minutes after I ordered it. Yeah it's just $2 but its the principle... Guess they would rather have that $2 than the future monies I would have ultimately given them. Businesses need to re learn that customers come first because without them, they don't have a business!

Here it is from start to finished between me and Toytec. . . I will post screen shots after.

- I ordered a diff drop kit From toytec last night. Then, 15-20 minutes later, I decided to cancel my order after seeing some horrendous pictures of the damage a drop kit can do . I sent an email to Toytec saying I would like to cancel my order, so that it doesn't get shipped, so I don't have to pay to ship back. Thinking that it would be taken care of, since I've had to do this in the past with other vendors, I go to bed.

- The next morning, around 10:30am I get an email saying my order has been shipped. I immediately call toytec to make sure my order has been canceled. while on the phone with some guy, he states that my order has not been shipped, and that "it is still in the back". He then proceeds to tell me that there is a 5% restocking fee if I choose to cancel my order. I tell him I sent an email minutes after my order, and ask is there still a "Restocking fee" if the item hasn't even been pulled yet. He tells me yes, so I ask to speak with his manager.

- So the manager comes on the line, and tells me that as soon as I ordered the product, his bank or credit card company charges him a fee, and that is the 5% "restocking fee". I tell him that the money hasn't even left my bank yet, and I shouldn't have to pay a fee to cancel my order that hasn't even left your building. He doesn't budge from this "5% fee", and I tell him that I will not be doing business with Toytec ever again, and that I will be posting about this on various forum, including TW. He responds with, "We look forward to seeing your post".

- End call

Here are some screen shots and timestamps:

Order confirmation at 6:50pm

My cancellation email at 7:11pm

The "shipping" email I received the next morning

Now, I got an email saying my order has been cancelled. The total is still pending in my bank account, and no fee has shown yet. Hopefully they put their thinking caps on and realize $2 isn't worth losing a lifetime customer.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I would invest too much in being a victim. Does this show up in other places? Just saying...
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I don't think I would invest too much in being a victim. Does this show up in other places? Just saying...
Investing means I want to receive something for what I've put in. I'm not looking for my $2 back, lol. I'm sharing my experience with others, and voicing my opinion about customer service.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats kinda shitty of them to do that.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agree but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I'd be more pissed about paying $2.50 for a $.50 cup of coffee.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Agree but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I'd be more pissed about paying $2.50 for a $.50 cup of coffee.
Doesnt matter. He canceled the order within mins, but got screwed for 2 bucks. He paid 2 bucks for nothing. A bit worse than paying for coffee.....at least you get somthing with a coffee.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Doesnt matter. He canceled the order within mins, but got screwed for 2 bucks. He paid 2 bucks for nothing. A bit worse than paying for coffee.....at least you get somthing with a coffee.
As I said, I wouldn't invest much in it but it must be me. I'll work on myself.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Truth. It's okay though, I give money to the less fortunate all the time.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If they pulled the item off the shelf, and packaged it...they have to restock it. They aren't going to just keep it in a flippin box forever. Considering the fact that you placed the order 10 min before they closed and sent the cancellation email 11 min after they closed...they most likely didn't get it till the next morning....which looking at the time stamp on the email says 1030 am (0830 am MST), shortly after they opened.

I don't see the issue here. They got the order right before closing and packaged it, then they closed, then the next morning when they were shipping out shit, they saw your email and had to take the box out of the load of orders and restock it.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
If they pulled the item off the shelf, and packaged it...they have to restock it. They aren't going to just keep it in a flippin box forever. Considering the fact that you placed the order 10 min before they closed and sent the cancellation email 11 min after they closed...they most likely didn't get it till the next morning....which looking at the time stamp on the email says 1030 am (0830 am MST), shortly after they opened.

I don't see the issue here. They got the order right before closing and packaged it, then they closed, then the next morning when they were shipping out shit, they saw your email and had to take the box out of the load of orders and restock it.
I understand what happened. That still doesn't make it right.I have experience in customer service, and you're customers are the back bone of your company. You're supposed to go above and beyond to make them happy. You're not supposed to lose a customer over something as silly as a $2 re stocking fee. Did having to put a 4lb box back on the shelf really hurt them that bad? Was it worth losing my future business? From a professional business point of view, of course not. It was a bad call, imo. It's just sad to see "the customer is always right" motto being put away.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ain't no one got time for cancelations
Old 06-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #12

Is this restocking fee listed on their site?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't seem like it'd be difficult, or inappropriate, for them to waive the fee in THIS case. Or rather it seems it'd be appropriate to waive the fee in this case, dude's final comment to you rubs me the wrong way as well.

Deal with Wheeler's I've always had EXCELLENT customer service there.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure it is Chris . I've seen other threads on this issue
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Doesn't seem like it'd be difficult for them to waive the fee in THIS case.

Deal with Wheeler's I've always had EXCELLENT customer service there.
This ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Pretty sure it is Chris . I've seen other threads on this issue
I thought I have in the past as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Ban Pending

PM you address to me. I will give you $2 so that I too can contribute to someone less fortunate. ...and Chris just for the record, I am speaking about cups o joe that were unpalatable.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2006Yota View Post
Its fair to post your experience and story to allow others to judge as to whether they'd want to or not do business with Toytec.
I'd agree 100% if he didn't make it the very last thing he said. Which reads to me more like, fine fuck you guys, I'm going to let everyone know how this all went down then. Which is fair IMO.

That's just my .02 FWIW.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #18

Quote:
PM you address to me. I will give you $2 so that I too can contribute to someone less fortunate. ...and Chris just for the record, I am speaking about cups o joe that were unpalatable.
I understand. I guess to me, a restocking fee sounds silly. However, everyone has their thoughts on the topic. Myself....I make pretty shitty coffee.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
Ban Pending

Quote:
I understand. I guess to me, a restocking fee sounds silly. However, everyone has their thoughts on the topic. Myself....I make pretty shitty coffee.
lol - I can't stand them either. And I'd personally like to return some of the crap I've bought for my truck - the stuff I've used as well as some of the stuff that still sits on the shelf! lol
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #20
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
So the manager comes on the line, and tells me that as soon as I ordered the product, his bank or credit card company charges him a fee, and that is the 5% "restocking fee".
The "manager" is likely giving you false information. Credit card company does indeed charge a commission on each sale, typically 1-4%. However, when the merchant processes a refund, the commission is reversed, too.

The funny thing is, there's a "$1.55 discount" listed in the order total. So they give you a 5% discount a time of order, then charge 5% restocking fee?