1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discount Ramps.com - Very Positive Experience

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Madjik_Man, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Jul 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man [OP] The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    Bought a rooftop cargo bag made by Rage Powersport from Discount Ramps.com (through their Amazon store).

I love the bag, however the second I received it and gave it a once over I knew the zippers were extremely cheap.

Sure enough, the second time I went to zip the load shut, the zipper broke (pulled apart) behind one of the zipper pulls.

I just called up Discount Ramps.com and spoke with an incredibly helpful customer service rep named Peggy. She asked that I take a picture and email it to her. I did so right then and there on the phone. While waiting for the picture to show up in her email I told her that I love this cargo bag and almost want to bring it to a local mountain mend place that does high end repair/upgrades on technical gear. But then told her I don't want to void the warranty in case something else happens to the cargo bag.

When she received the pictures she instantly said, "yup, that's an issue."

Her solution:

She will warranty the item to the manufacture, and send out a new cargo bag to me today. She told me to keep the old one because it's not something they can resell.... and then she said, "this way you can bring the old one to the mountain mend place and see if they can upgrade the zippers and make the cargo bag even more awesome."

That is great customer service IMO. I don't have to pay for shipping, or even have to deal with the hassle of returning something.

I will definitely be purchasing from them in the future. They carry a huge selection of stuff:

http://www.discountramps.com/

To Top