Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

jasper offroad and my unpleasant experience with them

Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
jasper offroad and my unpleasant experience with them

I wanted to make this thread to make others aware of myrecent and rather unpleasant experience with Jasper Offroad.

September 5th I ordered some lights fromjasper offroad (which, on their website, said were in stock). After placing my order, via their website, Inever heard from them again.

-Almost a week after my order was placed Itried contacting them because I never received a tracking number. Initially, thinking my order had not shippedyet, I wanted to add a few more lights to my order. After a couple days I quickly gave up on thatidea.

-Tried calling the number on my emailinvoice Wednesday (9/11) and got a sprint voicemail box that was full.
-Sent them an email that same Wednesday as well, but never got a response.
-Followed up again Thursday (exactly 1 week after my order was placed) andstill no response.
-Also Thursday i sent them an email through their website (instead of directly)thinking my email may have gone in the spam folder. Still no response.
-Sent them another email through the website Friday the 13th, sent them amessage on facebook, and tried calling again and left another message (thistime the box was not full). Still noresponse.

****Every time I tried contacting them Ileft my name, order number, and phone number so they could get back to me. Which of course they never did.

-On the 13th I started a threadon TacomaWorld asking for help from anyone that could get me in contact them. Even after 3 days of not being contacted backall I wanted was a tracking number.

On 9/13 I opened a paypal dispute.

At this point I was pointed towardsExploringNH forums from someone on tacomaworld and was told Shawn aka rubiconwas a co-owner. I created an account andpm’d him on the 14th. He replied back tome on the 15th and I responded back with my number. He called me back within a day, which I wasthankful for after failing to gain contact for days already. He told me he does not run the site and onlyhelps out, and that the owner of the site has been MIA and he hasn’t talked tohim in weeks. He told me the lights werenot in stock (even though the website said they were) and tried to upsell mesome lights he could ship out, but they were not the lights I had my eye on, soI passed on his offer. Basically after alot of back and forth (all which he was very pleasant from him), I wasbasically let to stand on my own. Hetried telling me I was sent a refund and he could see this on his end (althoughhe did not have control over the paypal account). What I did receive from jasper, On the 13th,was an email saying I had a credit memo for jasper offroad. I responded back asking “what is this?” andwas never replied to. My paypal accountwas not refunded at this time, and certainly I did not want store credit for acompany that cannot return contact. Ieven called paypal and asked if there was a refund in process and was toldthere was not.

On the 16th I escalated mydispute to a claim. I have still notreceived a phone call, text, facebook message, email, letter, or refund fromsomeone who can help me at jasper offroad and need to wait until the 27thfor paypal to refund my claim.

Absolutely ridiculous that I have to wait 3weeks for an item that was never in stock, and worst yet, I was never contactedor any of my messages were replied to.

Jasper offroad is a company I will never dobusiness with again
Old 09-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
He told me he does not run the site and onlyhelps out, and that the owner of the site has been MIA and he hasnít talked tohim in weeks.
I would get back in touch with this guy and see if you could get more info from him, they obviously know each other. He can't help you out yet he helps the guy at Jasper run the comp, sounds a little fishy to me and there seems to be some affiliation between the two.

You should file a formal complaint against Jasper.

Feel bad for you man, there are a lot of very irresponsible people who try and run their own business and screw people over all the time. Thereís just no accountability with some of these comps. They can't manage their money, they get into financial trouble, and guys like you end up eating shit. Hopefully this is not the case and thereís a good reason why they have not gotten back to you.

Best of luck!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jared
camojared's Tacoma Gallery
Arnt these the light bars that bronze almost instantly after any amount of use?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by camojared View Post
No, those were a different supplier but the problem occurs with many of the cheap Chinese-made LED bars.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
These are cheap Chinese light bars. There are tons of people selling them on the net. I ended up buying the same identical ones for almost half the price somewhere else. these are cheap, but they are decent quality, especially for the price.

Jasper is just a bad company. Although there is a guy who "helps out" and I was able to get ahold of him, he'll only help you if your in the buying mood. if you actually need a product or refund for a product not in stock then you're SOL. I've still been trying to contact the owner with no luck.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck em. Bump.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Registrant Name: ryan hayes
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 119 canaan back rd
Registrant City: barrington
Registrant State/Province: New Hampshire
Registrant Postal Code: 03825
Registrant Country: United States
Admin Name: ryan hayes
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 119 canaan back rd
Admin City: barrington
Admin State/Province: New Hampshire
Admin Postal Code: 03825
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: (603) 969-4484
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: rhayes@mail.ru
Tech Name: ryan hayes
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 119 canaan back rd
Tech City: barrington
Tech State/Province: New Hampshire
Tech Postal Code: 03825
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: (603) 969-4484
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: rhayes@mail.ru
Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by camojared View Post
No, these bars(30") are actually pretty good. I dont know about the pods... My experience with Jasper went very well when all of his LED stuff 1st started. Sorry to hear your having isuses
Old 09-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
That address isnt what I see on my old paypal invoice. No phone # listed
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
My bar turned completely bronze
Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
My bar turned completely bronze
Got any pics? I havnt seen this yet
Old 09-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #15
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Got any pics? I havnt seen this yet
I just checked out the original Jasper GB thread, apparently a lot of them turned bronze

Check this one out:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post7269223
Old 09-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds pretty typical with all the people trying to sell cheap light bars out there .
Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Sounds pretty typical with all the people trying to sell cheap light bars out there .
I actually think the ones that completely bronzed out look pretty cool
Old 09-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I actually think the ones that completely bronzed out look pretty cool
My buddy has one . It goes from bronze to spotty bronze / silver / paint disintegrates. His also isn't sealed and has moisture issues
Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate when you guys write up all that. It helps keep us all away another vendor to add to the no/no list aha.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
My buddy has one . It goes from bronze to spotty bronze / silver / paint disintegrates. His also isn't sealed and has moisture issues
Ooh, that sucks. I wonder if you could clear coat it when it gets to bronze and stop the process there