Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

TacoTunes.com Problems ???!!!?!?!?!

Old 11-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Grimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to behold

Grimjack's Tacoma Gallery
TacoTunes.com Problems ???!!!?!?!?!

I placed an order with TacoTunes.com on Friday 11/8 and after emailing them for status on Tuesday 11/12 they said my order would ship on 11/12. Later that day I received an email with a FedEx tracking number. Since then when I check the tracking status FedEx shows they have never received the package from TacoTunes.com and when I emailed them about that on Thursday 11/14, Friday 11/15 and just a few minutes ago I have not received a response. They say on their website that they only have customer support via phone. I missed the thread here in the Vendor Reviews forum saying how many people have had similar luck with him. You would think he would bend over backwards to service folks like other vendors seem to do. Good experience with Camelback Toyota, AutoAnything.com, ConsoleVault, n-Fab, etc. for example.

I hope I get my stuff without having to file BBB and PayPal complaints.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
ONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant future

Name: Josh
ONEBAR's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates? I was planning on ordering from them in the next week or so.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
They are hit and miss.
They often are slow on shipping, and many have complained that they never got their parts.

My adapters showed up ASAP, I'm getting the feeling that if you order something that is in stock, it ships out immediately, but if it's a custom order or a sub box, it's going to take some serious time.

The problem is, their customer service is zilch. I sent them 3 emails on issues unrelated to my order and they never responded. Others have indicated that they don't answer their phones and don't return calls.

So, here on TW, opinions are about 50/50 of those who had uneventful experiences, and those who have had serious delays.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Grimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to beholdGrimjack is a splendid one to behold

I have had some response and it looks like my speakers are being dropped shipped form the manufacturer but I still don't see any movement on my actual speaker mount kits. I only ordered front and rear door speaker packages with their MDF mount kits, screws and adapters. No custom sub boxes, just the front and rear door Image Dynamics kits. So it appears Saturday I will have speakers that I can't mount before 1500 miles of driving next week
Old 11-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
you can always dremel out the old speakers and put the new ones in there.

I did that with my new JBL GTO928. It stops the windows from being completely rolled down, in the front since i have an access cab, but it will do until I get some door mounts made. I cant speak about the rear doors, cause i dont have them lol

just my .02 since your on a time crunch
Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #6

Looks like my adapters shipped from TacoTunes last night and should be here tomorrow with the speakers. I will post comments after the install and if I can get them in in time hopefully a final comment after my big road trip next week. Too bad ordering from TacoTunes has been so much of a hassle. If it is going to take 2+ weeks for them to ship then just tell us that up front so we know what the deal is.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #7

I installed the speakers this weekend and I really like the mount kits from TacoTunes.com, they are much sturdier than the plastic kits that you would get from Crutchfield.com and I didn't see Crutchfield even offering a tweeter mount. I highly recommend the TacoTunes.com speaker mount kits just don't expect to get them quickly. I think the Image Dynamics speakers need more power than the stock Taco head unit in my 2014 Entune Plus (should be called Entune Minus) can provide. I will probably add the Alpine 4x45 amp that you can put behind a factory radio after the holidays.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
ONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant futureONEBAR has a brilliant future

Name: Josh
ONEBAR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
I installed the speakers this weekend and I really like the mount kits from TacoTunes.com, they are much sturdier than the plastic kits that you would get from Crutchfield.com and I didn't see Crutchfield even offering a tweeter mount. I highly recommend the TacoTunes.com speaker mount kits just don't expect to get them quickly. I think the Image Dynamics speakers need more power than the stock Taco head unit in my 2014 Entune Plus (should be called Entune Minus) can provide. I will probably add the Alpine 4x45 amp that you can put behind a factory radio after the holidays.

Glad it worked out for you. Any pics?
I actually already ordered a box and speaker mounts from Mr Marv.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #9
Camrynkaylor is on a distinguished road
Camrynkaylor's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered some almost two weeks ago now and I haven't got a reply or anything. Iv emailed them over 3 times and called like 10 times. What should I do? I wish I looked at the reviews before hand.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camrynkaylor View Post
I ordered some almost two weeks ago now and I haven't got a reply or anything. Iv emailed them over 3 times and called like 10 times. What should I do? I wish I looked at the reviews before hand.
I sympathize with you, they make very nice mounting adapters and I would recommend the product to anyone. However their customer service is frustrating at best. Like I told him in my communications with my, I am fine if there is a lead-time, but I kept getting shipping notices and the package was never delivered to the carrier, they just kept printing shipping labels. After a few weeks I finally received all of my stuff and am happy with my purchase but certainly not the experience. I would keep emailing Rob on a regular basis, be polite and explain your situation. If you get to the point where your card has been charged and you are reaching the limit of your ability to do a chargeback I would probably ask your bank for a chargeback. I don't think that is at all unreasonable.