1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

*********.com Problems ???!!!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Grimjack, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Nov 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    Grimjack

Grimjack [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM Dbl Cab LB 4x4 TRD Sport
    I placed an order with *********.com on Friday 11/8 and after emailing them for status on Tuesday 11/12 they said my order would ship on 11/12. Later that day I received an email with a FedEx tracking number. Since then when I check the tracking status FedEx shows they have never received the package from *********.com and when I emailed them about that on Thursday 11/14, Friday 11/15 and just a few minutes ago I have not received a response. They say on their website that they only have customer support via phone. I missed the thread here in the Vendor Reviews forum saying how many people have had similar luck with him. You would think he would bend over backwards to service folks like other vendors seem to do. Good experience with Camelback Toyota, AutoAnything.com, ConsoleVault, n-Fab, etc. for example.

I hope I get my stuff without having to file BBB and PayPal complaints.

2. Nov 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    ONEBAR

ONEBAR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Englewood, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD OR
    Any updates? I was planning on ordering from them in the next week or so.

3. Nov 20, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    They are hit and miss.
    They often are slow on shipping, and many have complained that they never got their parts.

My adapters showed up ASAP, I'm getting the feeling that if you order something that is in stock, it ships out immediately, but if it's a custom order or a sub box, it's going to take some serious time.

The problem is, their customer service is zilch. I sent them 3 emails on issues unrelated to my order and they never responded. Others have indicated that they don't answer their phones and don't return calls.

So, here on TW, opinions are about 50/50 of those who had uneventful experiences, and those who have had serious delays.

4. Nov 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    Grimjack

Member:
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Vehicle:
    I have had some response and it looks like my speakers are being dropped shipped form the manufacturer but I still don't see any movement on my actual speaker mount kits. I only ordered front and rear door speaker packages with their MDF mount kits, screws and adapters. No custom sub boxes, just the front and rear door Image Dynamics kits. So it appears Saturday I will have speakers that I can't mount before 1500 miles of driving next week :(

5. Nov 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    mromeo

mromeo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR
    None yet
    you can always dremel out the old speakers and put the new ones in there.

I did that with my new JBL GTO928. It stops the windows from being completely rolled down, in the front since i have an access cab, but it will do until I get some door mounts made. I cant speak about the rear doors, cause i dont have them lol

just my .02 since your on a time crunch

6. Nov 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    Grimjack

Member:
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Vehicle:
    Looks like my adapters shipped from ********* last night and should be here tomorrow with the speakers. I will post comments after the install and if I can get them in in time hopefully a final comment after my big road trip next week. Too bad ordering from ********* has been so much of a hassle. If it is going to take 2+ weeks for them to ship then just tell us that up front so we know what the deal is.

7. Nov 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Grimjack

Member:
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Vehicle:
    I installed the speakers this weekend and I really like the mount kits from *********.com, they are much sturdier than the plastic kits that you would get from Crutchfield.com and I didn't see Crutchfield even offering a tweeter mount. I highly recommend the *********.com speaker mount kits just don't expect to get them quickly. I think the Image Dynamics speakers need more power than the stock Taco head unit in my 2014 Entune Plus (should be called Entune Minus) can provide. I will probably add the Alpine 4x45 amp that you can put behind a factory radio after the holidays.

8. Nov 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    ONEBAR

ONEBAR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Englewood, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD OR

Glad it worked out for you. Any pics?
    I actually already ordered a box and speaker mounts from Mr Marv.

9. Jan 7, 2014 at 10:05 PM
    Camrynkaylor

Camrynkaylor New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma prerunner
    x-pipe exhaust, system, camburg long travel, intake, tint, smoked lights, hids, rigid lights, glassworks fiberglass
    I ordered some almost two weeks ago now and I haven't got a reply or anything. Iv emailed them over 3 times and called like 10 times. What should I do? I wish I looked at the reviews before hand.

10. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    Grimjack

Member:
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Vehicle:
    I sympathize with you, they make very nice mounting adapters and I would recommend the product to anyone. However their customer service is frustrating at best. Like I told him in my communications with my, I am fine if there is a lead-time, but I kept getting shipping notices and the package was never delivered to the carrier, they just kept printing shipping labels. After a few weeks I finally received all of my stuff and am happy with my purchase but certainly not the experience. I would keep emailing Rob on a regular basis, be polite and explain your situation. If you get to the point where your card has been charged and you are reaching the limit of your ability to do a chargeback I would probably ask your bank for a chargeback. I don't think that is at all unreasonable.

11. Mar 3, 2015 at 9:28 PM
    dplacencia1967

dplacencia1967 1st Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Black stock Tacoma TRD
    Wish I would've read posts here about *********.com. Very shady and only got half my order. Been two weeks and I've yet to talk to someone on the phone. WILL NOT order from them again!

12. Mar 3, 2015 at 10:08 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    I agree . Absolute horrible service . This should be a sticky . A lot of members here getting hosed . How else can we put up a bunch of red flags for our fellow members .

First thread I see about them and I have been here for 3 years

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  13. Mar 3, 2015 at 10:17 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  14. Mar 4, 2015 at 5:26 AM
    dplacencia1967

dplacencia1967 1st Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Black stock Tacoma TRD
    Wow, I guess lesson here is check web first. But I did get the single din and it worked great. I see they've hosed a lot of people on this site. I don't know how to warn people. But I'm going to Bbb and hounding PayPal

Thanks guys. New to Toyota and lov'n my truck! Been a Chevy guy mostly. Wanted something different and glad I did!!

15. Jul 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM
    TACO PICANTE

TACO PICANTE Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    "The Ant"
    I don't know anymore!
    Crazy. Was about to pull the trigger with these guys. Their website insinuates professionalism on all levels and I have no doubt they're good at what they do. However, bad reviews regarding customer service portrays them as mediocre, like the stock components they replace. Maybe the females doing the installs have become complacent.

16. Jul 16, 2015 at 9:57 PM
    Z E R 0

Z E R 0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4
    i wanted to order the sub box 10" :( good price,, but now after reading all ths...:(

To Top