1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelfreybilt Front Bumper 05-11

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by HolyReptar, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jan 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    HolyReptar

HolyReptar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bry
    Thousand Oaks
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Some Bolt ones here and there
    First of my reviews for a Pelfreybilt product and I will make it short and sweet.

I am extremely happy with the front bumper purchase that I made through Tyler and his company. All in all it is a stout piece of armor for my truck. It was surprisingly light for what it is prior to installing the winch onto it. All of the bolt holes lined up for the mounting points, the winch mounts, and the lighting mounts. The reinforcement brackets that Tyler supplies run on the bottom of the frame horns not along the sides like a few other bumper companies so I didn't have to fiddle with my coil over reservoir mounts. The cuts in the body were clearly shown in the instructions and were easy to make. I make mine slightly wider just in case there was an issue(there was none). The welds all seem stout where I can see them (mounting points of the light hoops). No complaints.

*PROS*
    - Ease of installation (you can do it yourself, but have someone there to hold it up while you thread the nuts onto the 4 or 6 bolts of the frame).
    - Understandable instructions
    - Aurora or Rigid 20" sr or pods fit in the bumper without any modification to the bumper
    - Looks great
    - Installing and wiring the winch is easy
    - Weight for sturdiness (lighter then you'd expect)
    - Fitament is great
    - You can tell a lot of time went into the design of this product

*CONS*
    - none

Oddly I am surprised that I don't have a single con to tell you guys about this bumper. If you like the style of it and it fits what you are planning on building you definitely won't go wrong with going with a Pelfreybilt front bumper.

IMG_8580_zps51a4be2c_a9ee1ff4cb26954a6de0db58e5f601fc46ee2654.jpg

IMG_3480_zpscb15c844_75c299bf7fe057a5a6bc00ebade89ec4b29fe30b.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. Jan 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    LoadedTaco

LoadedTaco Kick A$$ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja
    I agree 100% I have the 2012 version.

3. Jan 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    looks damn good. A local has the Pelfreybilt 3 hoop and it looks good as hell!

4. Jan 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    Airdog

Airdog did your Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/airdogs-2012-prerunner-access-cab-slow-build.264263/
    Not a single Con with my bumper either! Mine is for a 2012 but the differences are small. Pelfreybilt is pure quality. Here is a shot of my single hoop

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  5. Jan 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    rhowell

rhowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Thanks for the review. I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago and am having it shipped to Canada. All you see up here are ARB bumpers. Needless to say I am sitting on pins and needles hoping that I will see it sooner than later. The website says there is a 12 week turnaround but I might have to bug him and see where things are at at around week 8.

6. Jan 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    HolyReptar

HolyReptar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bry
    Thousand Oaks
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Some Bolt ones here and there
    I'm sure Tyler will work with you, he is one of the few vendors and fabricators I have seen that really cares about his customers.

To Top