1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bruteforce Fabrication - Buyer's Beware

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Drunken Duncan, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Apr 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    It's not about being patient at this point. Did you even read the whole complaint? Month after month they are being pushed back again and again. Patience is knowing when you purchase the product that your wait is x number of months. Then if something goes wrong the VENDOR calls the customer and lets them know what exactly is happening and why it needs to be pushed back. A refund should be offered in the chance they can't wait longer than they were quoted. $2000 isn't pocket change for everyone. To hand over that kinda money and not receive a product is very frustrating.

2. Apr 24, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    SOS CONCEPTS

SOS CONCEPTS Bumper builder

Member:
    First Name:
    SOS
    Laurens SC
    Vehicle:
    17 sos buggy, 09 taco(in pieces), 14ram 3500
    Rock bouncer
    Thanks, Babytaco. I'm a hybrid fan myself thats why I built my own :D. To answer your questions It takes me about 6 hours to build a hybrid and 9 for a full plate. which is 3-4 days part time after my armored-cars.com day job. But you do have to be honest with people it goes a long way. Exp My bender broke on my bedrack group buy. I pm'ed everyone and let them know. Took three weeks to be custom built and mailed..

3. Apr 24, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    423 TACO

423 TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Knox-ish, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM Sport 6sp AC
    This is most of our frustration. No one is questioning Billy's workmanship or his personality. Everyone knows his armor is kick ass and he's a nice guy. We also knew it would take time. Even with the first and second delay, still good to go. But the fact that we are all in the dark about what is going on isnt ok. I'm in no time sensitive rush, but the lack of communication is my tipping point. After I talked to him at the begininng of this month and got those timelines, I would have expected that whatever came up again, a quick phone call or even email to one of us to let us know what the deal is.

4. Apr 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    It's sounds like when you are giving your money you will hear quickly. When you are waiting for a product (s) you have already paid for it, it seems like who cares I have your money I'll get you the bumper when I get it to you. I understand this may not be accurate at all. But this is how I feel after reading a lot about it lately. Ya know opinions and ass holes.

Me personally. Word of mouth is your biggest advertising asset. And if people are posting negatively on this scale then your business isn't going to do so hot.

5. Apr 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    Received a call from Billy today, so far I personally have had zero communication problems with Brute Force.

He said his new laser cutter jacked up some of his patterns, but is back on track. Looking forward to getting my bumper! Sounds like he's ready to crank these things out.

Long waits is something anyone on TW should be familiar with, especially for something hand fabricated. I am fine with that and supporting US made products and small businesses. Hoping I don't eat my own words. :tinfoilhat:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  6. Apr 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    When did you order yours

7. Apr 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    January

8. Apr 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    SalmonTaco

SalmonTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Naches
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver TRD Sport
    Brute Force bumpers, TRD FauxLocks, 5100s & 885s, Falken Wildpeaks, SnugTop MVP Shell, Tuffy Bed Box, Console Vault, Fogs anytime, ImMrYo mirror bracket, Wet Okoles, aFe Pro Dry S, PowerStop Z36 pads & drilled/slotted rotors, more shit I can't remember

I read the whole thing - and everybody's bitching. I have had a rear bumper on order with Billy for a few months and when it shows up I will be stoked.

One-off stuff takes a long time. Don't be frustrated, be excited for a custom bumper.

9. Apr 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    Drunken Duncan

Drunken Duncan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma 4X4

I'll get back to you in 5 months and if you haven't received it, I'm sure you'll be a little frustrated. Then when you call several times over almost a month to get update no one answers the phone and doesn't call you back after leaving several messages.

10. Apr 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    No problem man. Ill be looking to order around September or early Jan 2015 depending on finances :cool:. Looking forward to some reviews of your bumper :D.

11. Apr 24, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    Yeah a few months is different than 8. We've had other folks in our tacoma group order stuff like bumpers ands sliders from billy and they arrived in a timely manner. Now I don't know what the deal is. All would be good if we could get some feed back from billy

12. Apr 24, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    ffirg

ffirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    :goingcrazy: The other problem we're all having is that Alaska has such a short window to really get out and enjoy our rigs. We all ordered thinking they would be here with PLENTY of time to get them installed before spring. Us Alaskans can get pretty moody when things start to cut into our summer plans...

13. Apr 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    zacksblacktaco

zacksblacktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    west virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport access
    AEM CAI Throttle body spacer Borla cat back exhaust Doug Thorley long tubes RCD 4.5 anzo halo projectors with 4300k hids 12000k hid fogs T-rex stainless mesh mesh grille kit in pro car wear LED taillights & 3rd brake LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome & map lights all Kicker speakers with 15 inch L7 subwoofer Jensen 7inch flipout headunit Trd sport seatcovers Re-badged red Tacoma
    I waited a good while longer than the estimated lead time for my bumpers and custom built sliders...
    custom fab isn't an assembly line at a Toyota plant.
    so many variables come into play when giving someone a lead time on custom made products.

14. Apr 24, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    Drunken Duncan

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma 4X4

Yup, and that's why I was OK with the 4 month time frame then 5 month time frame, 6 month, 7 month.... and now its the unlimited that I'm not OK with.

The only person I'll give $2000 to with an unlimited time frame to payback is ....uhh no one.

15. Apr 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    zacksblacktaco

zacksblacktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    west virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport access
    AEM CAI Throttle body spacer Borla cat back exhaust Doug Thorley long tubes RCD 4.5 anzo halo projectors with 4300k hids 12000k hid fogs T-rex stainless mesh mesh grille kit in pro car wear LED taillights & 3rd brake LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome & map lights all Kicker speakers with 15 inch L7 subwoofer Jensen 7inch flipout headunit Trd sport seatcovers Re-badged red Tacoma
    imagine the patience of the guys in the Elite offroad GB.
    its been over a year since they ordered
    and many of the bumper vendors are 8-12 behind.
    im sure billy will get everything straightened out he isn't going to let one customer ruin his whole reputation for building good products

16. Apr 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    Drunken Duncan

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma 4X4
    First no one here ever stated Billy does not make a good product.

If I would of known it was 8-12 months going into it then I may of went elsewhere and most likely with a local fabricator. The expectation Billy set was originally 4 months.

17. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    I can understand what the AK dudes are saying, down here we can pretty much wheel whenever but the spring/summer window is the best; they dont have nearly as much time to go out and wheel. Just one factor you have to take into consideration, the other is the timeline.

I think it's rather unfortunate that this is happening to y'all. I put my order in for a H/C and it should be ready in the next 3 weeks.

Cam

18. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    While I'm just as anxious to get my bumper as everyone else remember Duncan that you also ordered two months before the rest of us and agreed to wait for our bumpers to be done so you could save some money on shipping. We still had people sending in their deposits halfway though November, so for most of us it's been much less of a wait than you. I too, have emailed Billy a couple times looking for updates and have received no response which is definitely unfortunate and not good business practices.

19. Apr 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    Drunken Duncan

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma 4X4

That's the other concerning piece is that I called Billy a month ago asking for him to go ahead and ship my stuff up since it was supposedly finished....I've received no reply.

20. Apr 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I get the lack of communication issue, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the time-frame would be as big of an issue had communication been there before you made your OP.

I went through a round of this with American Motorsports. He had my parts sitting his shop and I was unable to get ahold of him through phone calls and TW PM. Aggravating the situation was hearing of him speaking to others and seeing him active on TW after I sent him a PM. Knew it would take awhile, just keep me informend and that stopped near the end. We got it cleaned up though.

I will stick up for Billy, he is hard to get a hold of at times but I usually end up getting in touch with him sooner or later. You've tried to call I assume...you could also try sending an email through his website, it's been known to be helpful for some others. Billy/Brute Force is also on facebook, so there is another avenue to try and get a hold of him.

I've also been waiting on a totally custom project from billy. A front tube for my truck, it's also taken a bit longer than originally planned, getting almost 2 months, but surprisingly I'm cool about it. Dude is busy, has a ton of work and for what its worth has always been an incredibly pleasant person to deal with.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
To Top