1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-pro off-road lacks customer service ethics!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by oregonnativekory, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM
    oregonnativekory

oregonnativekory [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kory
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 Reg Cab Tacoma 4X4
    Snug Top Canopy, Custom Water Proof Seat Cover
    I ordered an apex front bumper from all-pro for my 2014 Tacoma during the first week of July 2014. I had read on various forums, that all-pro had terrible customer service and that in a few cases, the product arrived damaged. Even after reading these negative reviews, I still put my trust in all-pro to provide a quality product, but was severely disappointed.

After over a month wait to receive my bumper, it arrived with multiple gouges in the powder coat. I thoroughly inspected the packaging prior to unwrapping and found no damage to the packaging. I contacted all-pro and they offered to refund the powder coat fee of $200 or to replace the bumper. I contacted the nearest powder coat facility and they informed me that the bumper was most likely poorly prepped. He said that when done properly, he can hit the bumper with a piece of metal, and while the powder coat may dent, it should not gouge.

Due to the fact that the stripping and re-powder coating, in addition to the 4 hour round trip to the nearest powder coat facility would cost me much more than $200, I requested a replacement.

They informed me that I would be required to package the item and ship it back. I DO NOT have the means or time to package and item to be shipped freight. I SHOULD NOT have to spend my time and money to package an item that was damaged when it left the factory. WHERE is the quality control at all-pro? The gouge was very apparent, and I believe it to be purposely ignored prior to shipment. John at all-pro, rudely assured me that the item was not damaged when it left the factory. The bumper was packaged very well and with no damage to the packaging so it must have been there prior to shipping.

I called Thursday August 28 and was told I would receive a call back Friday and never did. I called again Tuesday unable to reach John, whom was ignoring me and was told by Ryan that I would have a resolution by the end of the day. Once again, no phone call.

I am sick of being blown off and have recently began the process of disputing charges with my credit card company. I would have no problem packaging a normal item to return, but a freight item should not be the responsibility of the customer. All-pro off-road, come and pick up your damaged product or hire someone to package it for me. Due to horrible customer service, lack of quality control and an absence of company ethics, I will never purchase from all-pro again. I will be ordering another brand bumper as soon as I receive a refund.

2. Sep 7, 2014 at 7:15 PM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    Got any pictures of the bumper?

3. Sep 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    thekernel114

thekernel114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chilliwack, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4
    allpro long travel, shackle flip with ome dakars, cruisin offroad bumpers and sliders, 4.88 gears with arb's front and rear, budbuilt skids.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top