1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Street Tacos. Don't do it!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by GroupW, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    GroupW

GroupW [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Red TX
    3 inch lift with Toytec Boss and All Pro UCA's up front. AP expedition leafs with Bilstien 5100 shocks in the back. 255/85/16 Cooper S/T Max tires. All Pro skids, rear bumper and sliders, Hidden winch mount with XRC 8000 winch. Dual Optima batteries with IBS combiner/isolator and solar. CMC. Auto sliding rear window mod, hidden CB, CVJ axles and plenty of other little mods.
    Just a warning note to anyone who might think of purchasing from Street Tacos. I bought a carrier bracket from them back in September. Delivery was supposed to be 3 to 4 weeks, but in spite of communicating with Brian on several occasions, he has never delivered the part.
    He did take my money on September 11th, and I did get a notice from the post office that a shipment was created. Unfortunately, he has never shipped, and it appears that he's stolen my money. (I guess I was actually just stupid to do business with him via PayPal)
    Buyer Beware!!!!

2. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    mikevee

mikevee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad
    I totally thought you mean you got the runs from some street tacos
    :rofl:

3. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    xbxb

xbxb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    O.P. Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DC, SB, 4WD Pyrite Mica,
    undercover flex, Clazzio seat covers, Flyzeyes, Pop N Lock, Shackle to drag me out
    uh oh not so good

4. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    Doesn't Paypal have buyer protection? I'd at least file a complaint with them.

5. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Could be on the edge or beyond their 45 day protection window.

6. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    Tommiet

Tommiet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charlotte Area
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    PayPal does have buyer protection and will refund the money. But I think the timing may be the issue. You need to file a complaint within 30 days.

7. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    GroupW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Red TX
    3 inch lift with Toytec Boss and All Pro UCA's up front. AP expedition leafs with Bilstien 5100 shocks in the back. 255/85/16 Cooper S/T Max tires. All Pro skids, rear bumper and sliders, Hidden winch mount with XRC 8000 winch. Dual Optima batteries with IBS combiner/isolator and solar. CMC. Auto sliding rear window mod, hidden CB, CVJ axles and plenty of other little mods.
    I thought so too, but...not so much. I tried to enter it into their dispute section, but no luck.

8. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    Tommiet

Tommiet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charlotte Area
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Your over the 30 day period.....

I've filed disputes twice with Paypal and it both cases, got my money back. I find it VERY safe to use.

One company was AutoAnything. They stiffed me on an order and would not refund me. Filed a complaint with Paypal and got my money back in 5 days.

9. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    GroupW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Red TX
    Yeah, 30 days doesn't give much time to try to work things out with a seller, but I'm not complaining about PayPal's policy. It's Street Tacos that screwed me....not PayPal.

10. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    Itspronouncdwatah

Itspronouncdwatah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Manchester, NH
    This. Happened to me today, girlfriend is in for a surprise come laundry time

11. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM
    mikevee

mikevee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad
    hahaha, poor girl. I once went into a restroom and found someones boxers obliterated by whatever this person ate for lunch.

12. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    williams63

williams63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chili
    nh
    Vehicle:
    2011 dblcb
    boss-c/o, boss rear leafs
    you should get it don't worry. I also bought the same bracket but on sept 1st. just got a tracking # today. I think his 3 - 4 week turn around is more like 9 weeks.

13. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    ndcmack

ndcmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough

OP I was in your shoes a year or more ago with this same bracket, I would be very surprised if you don't get the bracket. The problem is lead Times that are way off. I remember the same 4week window, I got the bracket 4 months later. Search here on TW and you'll find you're not alone on poor communication and long wait times for these brackets from Brian @ Street Taco.

14. Nov 13, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    GroupW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Red TX
    Upate! Exactly 2 months after I paid for it, 10 days after I was told the first time that it was shipped, and one day after I started this post, the part was actually delivered to the post office. Its supposed to deliver today. Looks like things definitely move a bit faster with a bit of fire underneath.

15. Dec 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    GroupW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Red TX
    OK, since I spent a bit of effort bashing these guys, I feel that I should give some sort of report on the product.
    The carrier bearing bracket is really well made and bolted up with zero misalignments or issues. Driveline vibes from the rear of the truck are not gone, but drastically diminished. Even what I was attributing to axle wrap is better.
    Overall not bad at all!

16. Dec 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    I thought he meant lowered Tacomas.

17. Apr 22, 2019 at 12:46 AM
    Vairman

Vairman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma reg cab 2wd
    I ordered a ball joint flip kit from this jackass months ago. Other than a shipping label and several empty promises when he did respond( which wasn't very often), I have decided to let my lawyer friend handle it. He, as well as myself, hate people who lie and steal. And he has done both. You can bet I will never order from this asshole again.

18. Apr 22, 2019 at 12:53 AM
    YOTA 4X4

YOTA 4X4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Double Cab Off-Road
    OME HD Lift all around, SCS SR8 Rims, 255 85 R16 Cooper ST Maxx, Decked Drawers, 30" Rigid Pro Light bar above bumper on Rago Mounts, Rigid Dually Side Shooters on Rago ditch brackets, Hondo Garage Un-Holey Phone Mount X2, Hondo Radio Knobs AR Bolt Face, Garmin InReach SE GPS synch'ed to Iphone for GPS only mapping, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Husky Liner Contour floor mats, 63 QT ARB Fridge on Alu-Cab tilting slide. GoFastCamper (#41), ARB 2500 Awning with Full Room, Mobtown Off-road Sliders and Full Aluminum Skids.
    5 year old thread revival. Wow... guess that guys been a scam artist for quite a while. Guess if you’re reading this don’t order from them.

19. Apr 22, 2019 at 1:03 AM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    I ordered something cheap from there and also never got my part. He responded saying it would be in the mail soon, I forgot about it for a while, and just wrote it off.

But yeah, don’t buy from that guy.

20. Apr 22, 2019 at 1:05 AM
    Vairman

Vairman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma reg cab 2wd
    Didn't notice the thread was that old. Guess I should have done a little research before I ordered from him. It's not much money ( about $60) but it's just the principal of the thing.

To Top