Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Street Tacos. Don't do it!!

Old 11-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
GroupW is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
GroupW's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Street Tacos. Don't do it!!

Just a warning note to anyone who might think of purchasing from Street Tacos. I bought a carrier bracket from them back in September. Delivery was supposed to be 3 to 4 weeks, but in spite of communicating with Brian on several occasions, he has never delivered the part.
He did take my money on September 11th, and I did get a notice from the post office that a shipment was created. Unfortunately, he has never shipped, and it appears that he's stolen my money. (I guess I was actually just stupid to do business with him via PayPal)
Buyer Beware!!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
mikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant future
Name: Mike
mikevee's Tacoma Gallery
I totally thought you mean you got the runs from some street tacos
Old 11-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Quartermaster
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
uh oh not so good
Old 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't Paypal have buyer protection? I'd at least file a complaint with them.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Could be on the edge or beyond their 45 day protection window.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
PayPal does have buyer protection and will refund the money. But I think the timing may be the issue. You need to file a complaint within 30 days.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #7

GroupW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
Doesn't Paypal have buyer protection? I'd at least file a complaint with them.
I thought so too, but...not so much. I tried to enter it into their dispute section, but no luck.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupW View Post
I thought so too, but...not so much. I tried to enter it into their dispute section, but no luck.
Your over the 30 day period.....

I've filed disputes twice with Paypal and it both cases, got my money back. I find it VERY safe to use.

One company was AutoAnything. They stiffed me on an order and would not refund me. Filed a complaint with Paypal and got my money back in 5 days.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #9

GroupW's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, 30 days doesn't give much time to try to work things out with a seller, but I'm not complaining about PayPal's policy. It's Street Tacos that screwed me....not PayPal.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #10
Itspronouncdwatah is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: JJ
Itspronouncdwatah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevee View Post
I totally thought you mean you got the runs from some street tacos
This. Happened to me today, girlfriend is in for a surprise come laundry time
Old 11-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
mikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant futuremikevee has a brilliant future
Name: Mike
mikevee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itspronouncdwatah View Post
This. Happened to me today, girlfriend is in for a surprise come laundry time
hahaha, poor girl. I once went into a restroom and found someones boxers obliterated by whatever this person ate for lunch.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
williams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chili
williams63's Tacoma Gallery
you should get it don't worry. I also bought the same bracket but on sept 1st. just got a tracking # today. I think his 3 - 4 week turn around is more like 9 weeks.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #13
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupW View Post
Just a warning note to anyone who might think of purchasing from Street Tacos. I bought a carrier bracket from them back in September. Delivery was supposed to be 3 to 4 weeks, but in spite of communicating with Brian on several occasions, he has never delivered the part.
He did take my money on September 11th, and I did get a notice from the post office that a shipment was created. Unfortunately, he has never shipped, and it appears that he's stolen my money. (I guess I was actually just stupid to do business with him via PayPal)
Buyer Beware!!!!

OP I was in your shoes a year or more ago with this same bracket, I would be very surprised if you don't get the bracket. The problem is lead Times that are way off. I remember the same 4week window, I got the bracket 4 months later. Search here on TW and you'll find you're not alone on poor communication and long wait times for these brackets from Brian @ Street Taco.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #14

GroupW's Tacoma Gallery
Upate! Exactly 2 months after I paid for it, 10 days after I was told the first time that it was shipped, and one day after I started this post, the part was actually delivered to the post office. Its supposed to deliver today. Looks like things definitely move a bit faster with a bit of fire underneath.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #15

GroupW's Tacoma Gallery
Fair is Fair

OK, since I spent a bit of effort bashing these guys, I feel that I should give some sort of report on the product.
The carrier bearing bracket is really well made and bolted up with zero misalignments or issues. Driveline vibes from the rear of the truck are not gone, but drastically diminished. Even what I was attributing to axle wrap is better.
Overall not bad at all!