Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Tacotunes

Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
Tacotunes

I was looking for some feedback on these guys before I purchase all the stuff to upgrade from stock sound in my truck. I have sent them several emails with questions specific to what I intend to buy so I can have everything on hand to start and finish the job. I have gotten no replies at all. Has everyone else had good experience with them or not recommended? If not I still need to find a cover that takes the place of the stock one. Any other sources for tacoma audio retrofits?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
MR Marv, he has his own thread on here, click on tacoma forum and scroll to the almost bottom and youll see his thread, great products and the best customer service ever. i bought my baffles from him and ran into a noise issue and he walked me through all the possible causes, great guy
Old 06-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
I was looking for some feedback on these guys before I purchase all the stuff to upgrade from stock sound in my truck. I have sent them several emails with questions specific to what I intend to buy so I can have everything on hand to start and finish the job. I have gotten no replies at all. Has everyone else had good experience with them or not recommended? If not I still need to find a cover that takes the place of the stock one. Any other sources for tacoma audio retrofits?
if their customer service is this good before they have your $, imagine how great they would be after they get your money.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Many have complaints about tacotunes... I wouldn't ever buy anything from them... very poor customer service and response times...

the only thing going for tacotunes is the hot blonde chick....
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i have heard NOTHING BUT BAD THINGS about them...they SUCK!! DOnt use them!

ask me how I really feel
Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Many have complaints about tacotunes... I wouldn't ever buy anything from them... very poor customer service and response times...

the only thing going for tacotunes is the hot blonde chick....
Hey look who it is!!! MIKE!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
i have heard NOTHING BUT BAD THINGS about them...they SUCK!! DOnt use them!

ask me how I really feel

So...just how DO you really feel then?

yep, run away run away
Old 06-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
OK I get it...forget tacotunes. I did a search for Mr. Marv but got no hits. I don't see a link here on the site. Can someone provide a link? Appreciate the help.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK I get it...forget tacotunes. I did a search for Mr. Marv but got no hits. I don't see a link here on the site. Can someone provide a link? Appreciate the help.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mr-marv/
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

search MrMarv instead of Mr. Marv Go to the bottom of the forum page, he has his own section. Yes, he's that good.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
TacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to behold
TacoMOnster07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TacoMOnster07
I ordered stuff from them, I got the stuff from them, I'm still using the stuff from them. There kit looks factory and fits properly. I don't have any negative feedback but maybe I was just one of the lucky ones.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I ordered everything thru tacotunes and was pretty happy. I will agree their communication sucks but I will say their prices are actually pretty fair. I did have to wait a few days for email replies but the company is ran by guys that do it part time.

Here's an example of the prices I paid and comparisons. Same discussion came up on ToyotaNation.

I got the single 10" box with the Image Dynamics IDV3 Sub for only $199. The cheapest I could find the 10" IDV3 sub alone was $159. So I got a solid built and line'xed box for only $40.

I also got the Image Dynamics CTXCS 6.5" components with MDF speaker baffles & plastic tweeter mounts for $199. Cheapest I could find the CTX components alone was $179. So I got the speaker and tweeter mounts for only $20.

...and to top it off I also got Image Dynamics CTX65 7" coaxials with MDF speaker baffles for only $149. Cheapest I could find these speakers alone was $149. So I got the speaker baffles for free.

Almost forgot...I also got the PDX5 amp wiring kit for $175. This had everything I needed and is all high quality Tsunami wiring with a digital LED voltmeter and custom Tacoma mounting block for the engine bay. Pretty fair deal IMO. And plenty of high quality speaker wire too.

I did not get a discount, these are all prices off of their website.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #14
Octane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud ofOctane151 has much to be proud of

Navy: X Navy Sub Diver
Octane151's Tacoma Gallery
Just adding to ilovetacos' thread... I also ordered from TacoTunes, and just finished my install last night (took a full week). Everything I got from them is high quality and looks great. The Tsunami speaker wire is competition style and fantastic, the sub box is solid, and they even threw in a little custom job to my amp board (you will see this weekend when I post my install pics). I couldn't be happier with the products I got.

In saying that, it's very difficult to stay in contact with them as I don't get replies for a week sometimes, as you all very well may know. It's my understanding these guys have other jobs and can get very busy... they may just be picking the business they can handle?? Not sure. Regardless, I'm happy with my system. I'm still tweeking a bit, but it sounds SO NICE!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #15
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMOnster07 View Post
I ordered stuff from them, I got the stuff from them, I'm still using the stuff from them. There kit looks factory and fits properly. I don't have any negative feedback but maybe I was just one of the lucky ones.
I agree . i got my order in a timely fashion...... no complaints from me either
Old 06-12-2009, 05:33 AM   #16
wcm608 will become famous soon enoughwcm608 will become famous soon enough

wcm608's Tacoma Gallery
I also had a good experience with tacotunes. When I sent emails I received
quick responses. I even had a damaged speaker and they sent me a replacement. This was about 4 -5 months ago.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I had a good experience with them. No problems. I never dealt with their customer service though.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
one of my biggest problems with them was that the user "robsatx" acted like a customer of theirs for the longest time, but in reality he works for them.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
their product may be OK(or even good) but I don't feel like dealing with that company.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #20
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
mid way thru the taco tunes install