Notices

Crutchfield.com

Old 10-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Seasoned Newbie
poff1986 will become famous soon enoughpoff1986 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brad
poff1986's Tacoma Gallery
Crutchfield.com

I recently ordered an install kit for my aftermarket cd player, it was quickly shipped and good shape, except for a bracket that had a broken tab. i called them up, they emailed me a return slip and said they'll send a new one as soon as they get the old one back. Great Customer Service!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed great customer service..you pay a little more but IMO its well worth it.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
IH8MUD
BaysMtnTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
BaysMtnTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Iv ordered numerous cd players/speakers from Crutch. Never had an issue with them.

x2 on the customer service
Old 10-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
yep, i havent ordered from them in years but back in the day I ordered EVERYTHING car audio related from them and I agree - GREAT service indeed!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
they are a good resource when researching products, but i would never buy anything from them... too much mark-up on prices. i know you usually get what you pay for but that doesn't mean that you have to over pay for it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
The wrong wiring harness was sent to me. I called them and they overnighted the correct harness to me and told me to keep the first one. Very good service.
you got to keep the first one because it cost them like $4 for the part and prob charged you $20. Think about it, they gave you one for free and paid to overnight another one to you- they must have made quite a bit off you for them to be able to afford to do that. why give them praise for being nice when they are ripping you off in the first place?

in my younger days i worked for 1 independent and 2 big box electronic retailers... i've dealt with plenty of distributors and manufactures, if you knew how much these guys make on their products- you wouldn't buy them. i recommend doing a lot of research on products and then find a reputable company and get the cheapest possible price- i don't know about you but i work hard for my money and don't like to give it away for no reason.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
If price isn't too much of a concern and you are buying something that requires an install, they are the way to go. They will provide all the tools and instructions you need to get the job done.

If you are pretty sure you won't need a high level of service, a better price is usually found elsewhere.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
If price isn't too much of a concern and you are buying something that requires an install, they are the way to go. They will provide all the tools and instructions you need to get the job done.

If you are pretty sure you won't need a high level of service, a better price is usually found elsewhere.
Exactly this. I buy head units from them because the costs usually balances out between them and other retailers as Crutchfield includes the installation kit and wiring harness adapter. Having the detailed instructions for removal/installation of the parts is a really nice touch.

I'll usually buy other components elsewhere after researching at Crutchfield.com but almost always buy head units from them. I figure it's the least I can do considering I use their site as a resource when shopping around.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I figure it's the least I can do considering I use their site as a resource when shopping around.
I use them as a resource quite a bit as well, especially the customer reviews.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
No way, get real
silvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
silvertaco82's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered my kenwood hu from them and i love it. would deal with crutchfield again
Old 01-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
So-Cal Member
BigSteve is on a distinguished road
BigSteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Exactly this. I buy head units from them because the costs usually balances out between them and other retailers as Crutchfield includes the installation kit and wiring harness adapter. Having the detailed instructions for removal/installation of the parts is a really nice touch.

I'll usually buy other components elsewhere after researching at Crutchfield.com but almost always buy head units from them. I figure it's the least I can do considering I use their site as a resource when shopping around.
x2
Old 01-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
never had a problem with them
Old 01-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
comatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the rough
comatosed's Tacoma Gallery
I'm willing to pay a little more for great service, reputability, and a vendor that is approved for manufacturers warranty. Go crutchfield.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
TREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really nice
Name: Trey
TREY4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've ordered from Crutchfield before and it's true their customer service is good, but their pricing is a joke. I honestly can't understand how they're still in business. I have to assume they continue to sell to people who are clueless.

I can routinely find the exact same product for 40% - 50% less somewhere else, therefore I'll never purchase anything from them again, ever. When I can save that much money, who cares about their reputation or customer service? I can understand someone wanting the install expertise, but you can find answers to your install questions online.

Window shopping only!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #14
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Crutchfield outlet in Charlottesville, Va. where I grew up. I always buy my HU there but did get my speakers elsewhere on the Tacoma. I called the outlet when I wanted to add XM to my Kenwood deck on my 07 and they had one in the outlet and shipped it to CA for $50 bucks with everything to make it a mostly factory install. Overall customer service and quality are well worth it to me. With that I always bounce everything off of Amazon just to make sure but you cant beat the dash kits, wiring harness and instructions. All this with 24 hour customer service.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #15
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
I've used crutchfield in the past...they're always awesome with customer service...very knowledgeable staff too. They also have some killer deals every now and then.