1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Pros and Mufflers: Riverside, CA

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by tablesalt, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    tablesalt

tablesalt [OP] Tacoma Lover

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner, Double Cab TRD V6
    Good ole' Stock. Black.
    Just wanted to let you guys know if you were ever in Riverside, CA or live here. Try to avoid Toyota Pros and Mufflers. Last year I wrote about some squealing issues I had with my brake pads. The squealing started after the mechanic at Toyota Pros and Mufflers installed the incorrect pads. Here is my review (which is rather long) , and if you can do me a favor and let other people know of this place.

Toyota Pros & Mufflers
    11881 Magnolia Ave
    Riverside, CA 92503
    (951) 352-6384 (Maybe you guys can give him a call)

Two words: "STAY AWAY !!!." You think you might be getting a good deal, but in the end you pay more. I should of stayed away from this place just from reading the title. I needed my front brakes to be looked at. So I take it in, and the head mechanic, which is the only mechanic there, tells me that my rotors are warped and that I need new brake pads. I knew this was true, because I did some research. So I'll give him some credit for diagnosing the issue. So I asked, "how much will it cost?" He gives me a price which is about $50 dollars cheaper then the dealership. So I sign and let him take care of my truck. Before I left I asked him, "how long will it take?" He said, "3 hours." So I left and went for a long walk. I must of been walking for about 2 hours. So I decide to give him a call, and ask him how my truck was doing. He picks up the phone and tells me,"oh your truck, yea its done." I asked, "How long did it take?" He said, "1 hour" I was confused, I asked, " I thought it was going to take 3 hours." What annoyed me is the fact that he did not call me to tell me that my truck was done. So I get my truck back and everything felt good. The next day is when the problems started to happen. The brakes were making a squealing sound. I called him back and told him about it, and he tells me that it's normal. Personally, I've worked on motorcycles and every time I've changed the brake pads there is never any squealing sound. So I thought to myself, "Okay, it must be a truck thing." So he tells me that they need to be broken in for at least 500miles. And if the problems persisted that I am more then welcome to bring it back to him. So 500 miles had past and the squealing had continued. So I take the truck back to him and I had to force him to put on some anti-squeal grease, that he believed wouldn't work. And to my amazement he was "correct." So I figure I'll just live with the squealing sound and continue my daily life. A couple months had passed and I had just started to learn how to live with the squealing sound. Until yesterday, as I pulled out of the parking lot I noticed my left-front brake caliper was making a clinging sound, like metal hitting metal. So I popped my truck into neutral and pushed it, and to my disbelief my brake shim on my front caliper was dangling. So I immediately called the Toyota dealership and they told me to bring it in. Long story short, they tell me the aftermarket brake pads are undersized and too hard for the stock rotors. Not only that, but the brake pads had ruined the rotors. So now I needed new brake pads, shim assembly kit, and rotors. And the price was three times more compare to the price at Toyota Pros and Mufflers. So in a brief conclusion. STAY AWAY FROM TOYOTA PROS AND MUFFLERS!!!!. It is not worth your time and money. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM, I must repeat this. If you want to save money, make sure you know the mechanic or just do it yourself, which I should of done since the beginning. Again, STAY AWAY FROM TOYOTA PROS AND MUFFLERS!!!!

The only reason I went to their shop was because I am a true believer in supporting our local businesses.

If you have time look at some Public Court Records

http://public-access.riverside.courts.ca.gov/OpenAccess/CIVIL/default.asp
    Do a search for Raul Marquez (Owner/Mechanic, Toyota Pros and Mufflers), and you guys will see that he has been to court several times.

UPDATE: I got new rotors and pads and there is NO SQUEAL.

Thanks for reading

tablesalt.

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Riverslime! That's where I'm from. Sorry to hear about your troubles. You should learn how to change them yourself. Pretty simple DIY project.

3. Feb 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    toyota pros

toyota pros New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 tacoma
    In reply to Mr. Graciano Torrez comments, Toyota Pros and Mufflers is saddened by your comments and disturbed by your recent verbally abusive correspondence to my wife via mail. Your letter has been submitted to our local police department for further review. Toyota Pros and Mufflers stands by it's policy: We are not responsible for the customer's own parts. We are satisfied that the labor for installing the front brakes on your truck has properly stopped for one year without any complaints. Never the less, we have always recommended Toyota factory brake pads for maximum performance.

Thank You
    Raul Marquez/Owner

4. Feb 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Lame! That's not in the original poster's defense. He could certainly be a tool too.

Threatening RPD will actually care or do something about this...:rofl:
    I've personally seen them ignore more severe cases as well as blow "open and shut" cases. Of course not to say they're all bad. I have some friends who are in the department.

5. Feb 11, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    tablesalt

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    Good ole' Stock. Black.

The brakes were not even the right size... How can you call that quality service?

And the letter was not abusive at all. It stated how I was treated while at your place of business. In no way did I use any foul language. I am surprise with your professionalism, because when we spoke on the phone you use words that I rather not repeat. I don't want your money. I just want people to know what type of business you run. Like I said before, I am writing this review, because I felt like I was cheated and robbed.
    I still stand by my comments, STAY AWAY!!!

Another thing, your court records speak for themselves. I am not the only person that has been cheated or robbed.

6. Feb 11, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    calicoupe

calicoupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    good for you for letting people know about these scumbags!

bump

7. Feb 16, 2010 at 11:42 AM
    bboynowee

bboynowee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverside
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD 4x4 Tacoma OR, 18 4Runner TRD, 18 TRD 4Runner
    Stage 4 Icon, Icon Rebound Wheels, DeMello Hybrid Sliders, Prinsu roof rack
  8. Feb 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
  9. Feb 16, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    x2

and thanks for the heads up man :thumbsup::gossip:

10. Feb 16, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
  11. Feb 16, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Way to try and help a customer out, you need to learn something about service and quality or you will be out of business.

Neg rep for you!

12. Feb 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Nice, not that I would ever go there but business like these need to be called out and taught a lesson. There are a few places like that around here that people stay away from.

13. Feb 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    tablesalt

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    Good ole' Stock. Black.
  14. Feb 17, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    tablesalt

Member: