Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Toyota Pros and Mufflers: Riverside, CA

Old 02-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Tacoma Lover
tablesalt is on a distinguished road

tablesalt's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Toyota Pros and Mufflers: Riverside, CA

Just wanted to let you guys know if you were ever in Riverside, CA or live here. Try to avoid Toyota Pros and Mufflers. Last year I wrote about some squealing issues I had with my brake pads. The squealing started after the mechanic at Toyota Pros and Mufflers installed the incorrect pads. Here is my review (which is rather long) , and if you can do me a favor and let other people know of this place.

Toyota Pros & Mufflers
11881 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92503
(951) 352-6384 (Maybe you guys can give him a call)

Two words: "STAY AWAY !!!." You think you might be getting a good deal, but in the end you pay more. I should of stayed away from this place just from reading the title. I needed my front brakes to be looked at. So I take it in, and the head mechanic, which is the only mechanic there, tells me that my rotors are warped and that I need new brake pads. I knew this was true, because I did some research. So I'll give him some credit for diagnosing the issue. So I asked, "how much will it cost?" He gives me a price which is about $50 dollars cheaper then the dealership. So I sign and let him take care of my truck. Before I left I asked him, "how long will it take?" He said, "3 hours." So I left and went for a long walk. I must of been walking for about 2 hours. So I decide to give him a call, and ask him how my truck was doing. He picks up the phone and tells me,"oh your truck, yea its done." I asked, "How long did it take?" He said, "1 hour" I was confused, I asked, " I thought it was going to take 3 hours." What annoyed me is the fact that he did not call me to tell me that my truck was done. So I get my truck back and everything felt good. The next day is when the problems started to happen. The brakes were making a squealing sound. I called him back and told him about it, and he tells me that it's normal. Personally, I've worked on motorcycles and every time I've changed the brake pads there is never any squealing sound. So I thought to myself, "Okay, it must be a truck thing." So he tells me that they need to be broken in for at least 500miles. And if the problems persisted that I am more then welcome to bring it back to him. So 500 miles had past and the squealing had continued. So I take the truck back to him and I had to force him to put on some anti-squeal grease, that he believed wouldn't work. And to my amazement he was "correct." So I figure I'll just live with the squealing sound and continue my daily life. A couple months had passed and I had just started to learn how to live with the squealing sound. Until yesterday, as I pulled out of the parking lot I noticed my left-front brake caliper was making a clinging sound, like metal hitting metal. So I popped my truck into neutral and pushed it, and to my disbelief my brake shim on my front caliper was dangling. So I immediately called the Toyota dealership and they told me to bring it in. Long story short, they tell me the aftermarket brake pads are undersized and too hard for the stock rotors. Not only that, but the brake pads had ruined the rotors. So now I needed new brake pads, shim assembly kit, and rotors. And the price was three times more compare to the price at Toyota Pros and Mufflers. So in a brief conclusion. STAY AWAY FROM TOYOTA PROS AND MUFFLERS!!!!. It is not worth your time and money. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM, I must repeat this. If you want to save money, make sure you know the mechanic or just do it yourself, which I should of done since the beginning. Again, STAY AWAY FROM TOYOTA PROS AND MUFFLERS!!!!

The only reason I went to their shop was because I am a true believer in supporting our local businesses.

If you have time look at some Public Court Records

http://public-access.riverside.court...IL/default.asp
Do a search for Raul Marquez (Owner/Mechanic, Toyota Pros and Mufflers), and you guys will see that he has been to court several times.

UPDATE: I got new rotors and pads and there is NO SQUEAL.

Thanks for reading

tablesalt.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
toyota pros is on a distinguished road
toyota pros's Tacoma Gallery
dear tacoma customers

In reply to Mr. Graciano Torrez comments, Toyota Pros and Mufflers is saddened by your comments and disturbed by your recent verbally abusive correspondence to my wife via mail. Your letter has been submitted to our local police department for further review. Toyota Pros and Mufflers stands by it's policy: We are not responsible for the customer's own parts. We are satisfied that the labor for installing the front brakes on your truck has properly stopped for one year without any complaints. Never the less, we have always recommended Toyota factory brake pads for maximum performance.

Thank You
Raul Marquez/Owner
Old 02-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota pros View Post
In reply to Mr. Graciano Torrez comments, Toyota Pros and Mufflers is saddened by your comments and disturbed by your recent verbally abusive correspondence to my wife via mail. Your letter has been submitted to our local police department for further review. Toyota Pros and Mufflers stands by it's policy: We are not responsible for the customer's own parts. We are satisfied that the labor for installing the front brakes on your truck has properly stopped for one year without any complaints. Never the less, we have always recommended Toyota factory brake pads for maximum performance.

Thank You
Raul Marquez/Owner
Lame! That's not in the original poster's defense. He could certainly be a tool too.

Threatening RPD will actually care or do something about this...
I've personally seen them ignore more severe cases as well as blow "open and shut" cases. Of course not to say they're all bad. I have some friends who are in the department.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Tacoma Lover

Quote:

Thank You
Raul Marquez/Owner

The brakes were not even the right size... How can you call that quality service?

And the letter was not abusive at all. It stated how I was treated while at your place of business. In no way did I use any foul language. I am surprise with your professionalism, because when we spoke on the phone you use words that I rather not repeat. I don't want your money. I just want people to know what type of business you run. Like I said before, I am writing this review, because I felt like I was cheated and robbed.
I still stand by my comments, STAY AWAY!!!

Another thing, your court records speak for themselves. I am not the only person that has been cheated or robbed.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
calicoupe will become famous soon enough
calicoupe's Tacoma Gallery
good for you for letting people know about these scumbags!

bump
Old 02-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

bboynowee's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Post the email
x2

and thanks for the heads up man
Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thank You
Raul Marquez/Owner
Way to try and help a customer out, you need to learn something about service and quality or you will be out of business.

Neg rep for you!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, not that I would ever go there but business like these need to be called out and taught a lesson. There are a few places like that around here that people stay away from.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #13
Tacoma Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Post the email

Couldn't find an email, but I found this on their website

http://toyotaprosandmufflers.net/contact/

Hope that helps

tablesalt
Old 02-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #14