Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Vendor Reviews

Notices

Techforless.com?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Techforless.com?

Had been looking for a cheap ipod interface for my stock head unit, found this place selling the Metra unit for $30, scam or real?

Half the reviews I've read from this place are negative, the other half good, I'm not sure what to do.

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/t...20100327023700
Old 04-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
this is what you need....seriously
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...d-adapter.html
Old 04-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, or under $50. Buying it for a road trip this weekend, don't want to deal with cd's and radio while driving. I'd buy it from Derek but it already seems sold.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I understand....the product is what I am talking about though.
What about a FM transmitter, they are cheap and are very simple to use?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #5

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I had an FM transmitter before, it was garbage. I live to close to the city for it to be usable.

I just bought the Metra unit from the website. Don't care about my HU controlling my iPod or it being charged, as long as the sound is good I'm happy. Used PayPal.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #6

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got it and installed it Today.

The sound works and is good quality but...

The Unit wants the head unit to control my Itouch, but only gives me the ability to skip songs and change volume, with no text. I can't change the music on the iTouch because it says accessory connected when I click music on the itouch. Annoying. Planning on going and buying a non iPod aux in cable for the adapter and using that instead of the supplied cable.

I must say though, the sound quality is great, and the unit did come with a mount, which I did not expect. The cable is plenty long enough to go through the glove box area, plug into my itouch, and the itouch to sit on my left leg. I bought the open box unit for $30.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
is it worth the $30..??