1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any new Taco Tunes Customers ?

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Haskett039, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    Haskett039

Haskett039 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Alpine White
    Hey all i am looking for any new Taco Tunes customer reviews. After being in contact with them for parts i read the reviews on this forum that really dont give them a good rating. I mentioned that to the guy i was emailing back and forth with and he swore to me that all of the complaints were old ( 2009 ) and that they have gotten Soooo much better since then.

Any recent customers willing to chime in ???

tundragu likes this.
  2. May 31, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    Fabrizio

Fabrizio Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabrizio
    Ohio
    I just had a really bad expererience with them. He was really nice to me and very quick to responde to my emails B E F O R E me buying anything!!! After that, NOOO response at all!!!

I purchased a dash kit for my new unit and the wrong part was sent. After 3 emails and 2 calls (with messages) still no response (it's been almost a week)...

3. Sep 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    Nerodivla

Nerodivla Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5
    A little old but I'm in the process of trying to get my money back after my item not being shipped a week after receiving my money. Took a week to even get a reply, he said he was refunding me. I've yet to see my money back.

See mr marv or DIY. Taco tunes is not worth the headache

4. Sep 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Fabrizio

Fabrizio Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabrizio
    Ohio
    Good luck.... at least you got a reply (I didn't even get that after he had my money)

5. Sep 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Nerodivla

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5
    I've been arguing with this tool for the better half of the evening. Seems if you get under his skin a little you'll have no problems getting a reply. He sent a complaint about me to the bbb trying to head off my complaint. Stating I sent 1000 emails to him with profanity and threats. Instead of refunding my purchase price like he said he would. He asked that I contact PayPal and get it that way.

He also wants to bet me that I can't find 20 people that are dissatisfied with his customer service. I think this forum alone proves I'd win that bet. Don't spend your money here, unless you like headaches.

6. Sep 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Nerodivla

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5
  7. Sep 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Bought speaker adapters from them back in 06'. No complaints, yet. They were kinda pricey, though.

8. Sep 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    Nerodivla

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5
    Just had to file a dispute and get it escalated through PayPal as rob had asked me. Not sure why he'd rather I do it that way then just return my money, but he did. He actually thinks that me complaining about him will get him more customers! So I assume he thinks he also has great customer service as well. Go figure. I took my chances and now I'm dealing with it... Don't waste your time or money.

9. Sep 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    Haskett039

Haskett039 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Alpine White
    Its too bad you have to put up with that Shite, not sure how the guy thinks getting negative reviews on ALL of the forums out there would help his business in anyway.
    He was really quick to respond to all of my emails and try to re-assure me that he had his shit together, got a friend request from him through Facebook 5 minutes after our first email. Even volunteered to lower the price and help me out with shipping prices. In the end after reading all of the warnings I opted not to go through with the order through him and went DIY for my mounts. Lucky me i guess, but i think EVERYONE who has had a bad experience with him needs to hit the forums and spread the word!

10. Sep 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    Oury

Oury Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    same, after reading all this.... I won't recommend him for myself haha

FAIL

11. Sep 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler

You need to tell him you opted out due to bad reviews.

Maybe he will get the picture

12. Oct 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Tacopig

Tacopig Active Member

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4 V6
    I am a super easy going guy, I ordered about $350.00 worth of stuff from ********* on 9/17/12. I never received any emails after that short of the one from paypal stating that Rob got my $$$ (and no longer gives a hoot about me). I repeatedly emailed and called the company to no avail. All the other gear I ordered from around the country had already arrived at my house, even though I ordered all of that stuff after my TT order. After many many email attempts I finally got one from Rob, he said the order got messed up and he was putting on the truck that same day to ship. Guess what? No email, no tracking number, and two days later I started the whole email war again. When he finally responded he asked if I minded the dual amp kit that I ordered be mix and match parts with two different companies gear. No I didnt mind, but he said HE SHIPPED IT TWO DAYS EARLIER. Then another couple of days go by and I again am asking for a shipping/tracking number, he responded saying that "He thought he replied to me already". NOPE!? So today I am starting what I assume will be a very long process of getting a refund. The sad thing is, I need what I ordered to install my stereo...I guess I'll order the harness/face plate from somewhere else, and go get the amp kits from a local store.
    Side note, I am going to be thrilled to stop by and see "Rob" when I am in San Antonio next month...

13. Oct 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    Tacopig

Tacopig Active Member

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4 V6
  14. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Nerodivla

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5
    Glad I could help! I hope this thread stops anyone else from wasting their time and money here too... When you file a dispute for your money back make sure you mention he rarely replys to emails and try to get it escalated right away. It will make the deadline 10 days instead of 45 plus 10.

15. Oct 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    Tacopig

Tacopig Active Member

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4 V6
    Update: after many, MANY emails back and forth, the package should arrive at my house sometime today. Rob from TT gave me a %50 discount that has already been refunded. I would probably order again, but I would go into the order knowing it will be a fight to get it delivered...

16. Oct 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    luckyheights

luckyheights Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 AccessCab
    I am going through this right now.

Ordered speaker adapter plates for 2010 tacoma over 2 weeks ago. Item still hasn't shipped, no response to numerous phone calls, no response to emails. I installed my new speakers using my own adapters and now in the process of trying to get a refund.

UPDATE: Item arrived today, over two weeks after order, and 3 days after I had given up and installed myself. I closed out paypal claim and am now stuck with $40 worth of stuff I don't even need. If they would just have said its coming, I would have waited. They do not answer the phone, they do not return emails, and the USPS tracking number has said the same thing since day one, item "electronically received" to ship, which when you look it up on USPS website, basically mean the shipper intends to ship but item not physically received by USPS for shipping. FRUSTRATING!!

Do not order unless you have plenty of time to wait and want to feel like your $ went in a black hole. I have not seen such poor customer support in a while, would expect this from a foreign company, not a US one.

17. Oct 23, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    BTSTACO

BTSTACO New Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    '12 LB 4x4
    I too am going through the samething with these guys.... I ordered speaker adapters and those arrived fast. But then need to order different ones for the tweeters and it has showed shipped for the last two weeks, but nothing has arrived and they don't answer the phone. I got one reply via email that was a copy and past of the tracking i already had.....

18. Nov 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    johnny1019

johnny1019 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2017 4x4 TRD OR DCSB
    I bought the Alpine amp harness kit from them and didn't have any issues with them. However, the kit itself didn't have everything it said it would. Not really an issue since I was able to fab up some of my own stuff, but it really ought to have been as advertised.

19. Nov 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    My order shipped and was received quickly (couple of days), however, an email inquiring as to how to make the speaker connections to the stock harness went unanswered.

20. Dec 2, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    timmyedge

timmyedge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timmy
    Layton, UT
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR DCSB
    Magnaflow cat back exhaust with down pipe, Volant CAI, BHLM w/new bulbs, 3000K replacement fog lights,Debadged/Painted/Re-badged to say TACO/ New JVC Dbl Din Nav in dash/ Fosgate 400W amp/ Fosgate 10" sub/Tacotunes box/ Order OME complete lift w/Daker springs and LR UCA's/Ordered SCS Stealth 6 Matte Gun Metal -265/70R17 Goodyear Duratracks, BAMF behind gril light bar, Custom Trial Ridge Sliders , bed mat, weathertechs, Wet Okles, All Pro Front IFS skid Plate, Plasti Dir rear bumper Future MODS-Skids IFS/Fuel tank, transfer, rear dif
    I have only bought a sub enclosure for my DC. I ordered it, and they emailed me about a week later saying it would cost more since they had to ship it to APO. I was a little pissed cause it was an additional $70 but overall the product was nice. I do live in Germany but still, $70 additional was a steep when I had paid shipping already.

To Top