1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Northridge 4x4-not impressed

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Tenax, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Aug 21, 2012 at 5:41 AM
    Tenax

Tenax [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner trd
    17 inch wheels
    Best price I found in Canada on spacers at 99 including free shipping for a pair. Here's the story:

-called to order over a week ago as their website wasn't working. Was told they were migrating to a new site. I was asked to call and remind them to order them a week later. Thought that was weird, but chalked it up to them being busy with a major website restructure.

-call and leave reminder to order on vmail last Friday. No response. Will follow up Monday.

-call Monday morning. Vmail again. Asked for call back to confirm ordered. I wait 4 hrs, call again. Get a gal who talks to the guy I had talked to originally. She says that he says the Canadian warehouse had none, but they hadn't got to checking the us warehouse yet. She will call back.

-while she's doing that, I go to spidertrax online. They are showing 580 sets available. She calls and tells me they have none at the us warehouse for 3 weeks. I said, that's weird cause the spidertrax site says the have 580 sets. She kind of laughs and says, oh that is weird..but offers no help.

- I call spidertrax and I'm told they have lots at the us warehouse. I tell him my northridge story..he recommends I contact northshore off road in Vancouver to order, which i did. 2 hours after calling in, spacers are shipped.

I was originally going to go with the Vancouver place as I knew they had in stock, but they were 116 plus shipping vs 99 and free shipping..but, for 25 bucks, should have gone for the sure thing.

2. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4 New Member

Member:
    Sorry for the bad experience you had with Northridge4x4 Canada.

Northridge4x4 Canada was closed on Friday as they were picking up a shipment at the border all day long and Monday was crazy shipping it all out.

That is no Excuse. The lady who answered the Phone was assisting during a busy day and does not normally answer the phone.

She called Northridge4x4 US and asked if we had any in stock not Spidertrax. We are aware that spidertrax has them and they are on the way to us right now. The reason you were told three weeks is because that is when the next shipment to Northridge4x4 Canada will be.

I am sorry for the miscommunication and the delay.

David Johnson
    Northridge4x4 US

3. Aug 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    :popcorn: question for northridge4x4 where are you guys located in the us

4. Aug 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Tenax

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner trd
    17 inch wheels
    I appreciate the prompt response to my post, david. So you know, I wanted to deal with northridge in alberta given its close to me..and the price. When the time comes, I will be pprepared to give northridge another shot thanks to your response.

5. Aug 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4 New Member

Member:
    We are located @

5225 nw newberry hill rd
    Silverdale, Washington

Thanks
    David

6. Aug 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Always had a great experience with David and Northridge 4x4 when I bought parts for my jeep.

7. Aug 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    4banger09

4banger09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Nb, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Access cab 4cyl
    Leveled
    I had a hard time with the site as well, went through put the order in, got a statement but was supposed to receive a confirmation email. Never did, emailed them they said they didn't get anything but was able to get it sorted out with the guy through email.

8. Aug 23, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    Tenax

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner trd
    17 inch wheels
    Hey 4banger. The Canadian site anyway, was being migrated to a new site when I contacted them initially, which was why I had intended to order by phone. They acknowledged that at that time, best to order by phone. That was just over 2 weeks ago. I believe the new site is up now and hope its working as planned :)

9. Aug 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Just browsed through the website and next thing im saving up for is your welder for trails that thing is awesome

10. Aug 24, 2012 at 5:02 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    That's too bad that to hear about your experience. I haven't ordered anything from northridge since the new site but I've ordered from them twice without any problems. Hopefully the new site is up and running flawlessly

11. Sep 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    Tenax

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner trd
    17 inch wheels
    So, i was out working on my truck Friday afternoon. Purolator trucks shows up. Turns out its a delivery from northridge 4x4 Canada. First thought, oh oh. They filled the order even though I told them I didn't want the spacers. 2nd thought, maybe they sent me a set at no charge because of the issues I had. No such luck, I bought and paid for them. It's ok I guess as I will use them on the back, rather than hassle of returning, losing money re-selling. I really would like to buy in the future from northridge Canada as they are right up the road in my home province, but...who knows what would happen next time. These were ordered by phone and cancelled by phone.

To be clear in case it's missed, this is the store in Canada. I have no experience with northridge 4x4 USA.

To Top