1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorworld/gettoyotaparts.com

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by 08TRDOFFROAD, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's w/front's set at 1.75", TRD exhaust, Colormatched grill, Illuminated 4wd selector switch, BAMF Bolt on Sliders w/kickout.
    Just a warning for all of you...

My girlfried purchased a color matched grill from gettoyotaparts.com/Motorworld. She originally purchased the grill as a Christmas present for me. She call the company the first week in December to make sure she could get the grill before Christmas. The individual she spoke with said it would take 5-7 days to receive the grill. She placed her order on December 7, 2009. More than a week later (when she was expecting the grill to arrive) she received an email from Motorworld stating they needed the VIN# or the part would be considered a special order and return would not be permitted under any circumstance. As she was giving it as a gift, she did not want to ask me for my VIN#...she eventually did anyway, and sent it to them. Another week passed without any communication. Motorworld finally emailed her to inform her the grill was now back ordered and it would be 2 more days before it would ship. They did not offer to upgrade shipping due to the huge inconvienence so it would still arrive before Christmas, they did not even offer the option of her paying extra for shipping so it would be here before Christmas. It finally shipped on December 21, 2009. The grill finally arrived on December 29, 2009...22 days after she placed the order (some 5-7 days :rolleyes:). She brought it to me, when I took it out of the box I was surprised at the lack of care in packaging a painted part. They had packed it in only a plastic bag and a parchment paper equivalent. After a close inspection of the part, I found it was broken in MULTIPLE places due to the horrible packing job. I immediately pulled up their website only to find that their policy states they are not responsible for any damage and all damage claims must be filled through the carrier. We completed a damage claim through UPS and emailed the contact at Motorworld to inform them of the damage. We received an email the next morning with the usual, We are sorry for the inconvience...yada yada yada, but Motorworld would do NOTHING until the claim with UPS was settled. After talking to my bro in law who works for UPS, he told me to tell the company to ship a new part immediately or I would dispute the payment on the card because it can take months for a damage investigation to be completed. My girlfriend email Motorworld on 1/4/2010 to tell them to ship a new part in the next week, before 1/11/2010 or she would be disputing the charge. She immediately received a reply that the new grill would arrive at their store that same day and it would be shipped out immediately. A few days went by with no tracking info, She finally emailed them again to find out what was going on. Motorworld claimed they had ordered the part from Toyota, but it had not come yet. She received no further communication from Motorworld, which included several ignored emails sent to them to follow up. She finally received an email on 1/11/2010, with a tracking number for the new grill. It is our belief that Motorworld was merely stalling on sending the new grill until they received communication from UPS that the damage was indeed their fault due to insufficient packaging. The grill shipped yesterday. Whether it comes in one piece is still TBD. I just wanted to make everyone aware of a very shaddy company with horrible customer service. I will NEVER do business with them again.

TRDparts4u will get all my future parts purchases!

2. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    Sorry to here that. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Sorry you had problems. Hope the new one is packaged better!

4. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    I had been looking at some stuff through them. I will definitely look elsewhere. Thanks K

5. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    08TRDOFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's w/front's set at 1.75", TRD exhaust, Colormatched grill, Illuminated 4wd selector switch, BAMF Bolt on Sliders w/kickout.
    Funny thing is, the first grill w/packaging only weighed 7 lbs according to the tracking info, the new tracking info indicated the new grill w/packaging weighs 14.9 lbs...so either they are sending me two grills or they got the hint when I told them this one better be packed to survive a cross country shipment.

6. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    wow, sorry to hear you and your gf had to go thru that and for a present/gift especially. :(
    Thanks the heads up. I always thought they had a good priced factory painted grill and would have bought one there if they made IR painted grills, now no business their way.
    I hope the next one shipped looks mint so you can post up some pics of the new mod :)

7. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Sorry to hear that bro, thanks for the heads up!! You would think that in these difficult times in which we live they would do a better job to keep a "satified" customer. With that kind of customer service, ahh they will go out of business.:rolleyes:....nice truck by the way;)

8. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    08TRDOFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    I feel really bad for my gf, she was just trying to surprise me with something she knew I really wanted and it has all just pretty much blown up in her face...she has been so frustrated and stressed over it. :(

9. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    X2. Dispute it anyway. Send back the 2nd grille....if you ever get it. Then take your grille to a reputable body shop and have them color match it for you for around 75.00-100.00 Picking mine up from the bodyshop today.:) Thanks for the headsup on motorworld! We should start a thread that lists company's/vendors that have horrible customer service and/or inferior products. And start another thread that has great products and customer service.

10. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Sorry to hear the inconvenience this has cause you and your GF. I hope the new grille they send you is in great condition.

Props to your GF for getting a new grille for your truck.

Thanks for the heads up. I am looking to ordering a color match grille myself, I'll be sure not to order from these guys.

11. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    08TRDOFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Thanks! It is actually a little less cool than my sig shows. I removed the lift and the TC UCA's. I am rocking a stock height truck now, until Sonny at DSM gets some more 5100's in.

At this point if the second one comes in satisfactory/new condition I will be fine with keeping it, spreading the word about them all over the internet will hurt them far more than anything else I could do.

I am also looking into filing a complaint with the BBB.

12. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    08TRD Sport

08TRD Sport ROOTIN AROUND

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Augusta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    10 5th Gen 4Runner
    sorry brother ..fight fight fight

13. Jan 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    08TRDOFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Just an update.

I received the replacement grill in new condition on Monday. The company heeded my warning about packaging it correctly and it made it in one piece.

Even tho they made their screw up right, but not in a timely manner IMO, it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I will not do business with them again, nor recommend them to anyone!

14. Apr 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    LaTeM

LaTeM Everyday Trollin'

Member:
    First Name:
    MeTaL
    Jersey Shore, NJ!!!
    Vehicle:
    '10 4X4 Lifted 4Dr Pre-X-Runner
    the website names says it all, getto - yotaparts.com :D

To Top